• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Temporary (hopefully) State Of Affairs

Started by randyripoff, January 30, 2007, 08:05:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

randyripoff

Okay everyone, here's the deal.

We were still running way too high on resources, so there weren't a lot of choices available other than getting suspended again.  The Titans made the choice to remove all the old posts and topics in order to keep things going while I search for the problems in the database.  Presuming I find the problem, we'll be able to restore all the old stuff, so keep your fingers crossed.

Otherwise, post away!

lugaru

Worse comes to worse its an excuse to waste tons of time posting.

"Im uh... REBUILDING our large database of threads"

"with posts about beer?"

electro

Did anyone make a copy of protomorphs mesh master List for reposting :blink:

lugaru

Quote from: electro on January 31, 2007, 05:25:47 PM
Did anyone make a copy of protomorphs mesh master List for reposting :blink:

First thing I thought was to hunt down the Cache version but it's not out there anymore. Yeah, me thinking I was going to be a hero.

Previsionary

the mesh list has already been reposted by joemama...or a version of it, dunno if it was the last updated version or not.

TaskMasterX

If the old posts can't be restored, then can the old database be brought back up for like, 24 hours or so, so we can possibly copy (at least the stickies) the threads that we need and then paste them back into the new one?

joemama

I copied the master mesh list in August of 2006, anything submitted after that is likely lost  :(

JM

Alaric

Quote from: joemama on February 01, 2007, 05:56:45 PM
I copied the master mesh list in August of 2006, anything submitted after that is likely lost  :(

JM

Not lost, just (hopefully) temporarily unavailable.

MJB

I'm not speaking for the other mods or the titans, take that in mind before reading this.

I believe the plan has always been to attempt to correct the problem with our database. This blank slate was a last ditch effort to keep from being locked out by our host (again). Randy, GG, Jey and the other members of the behind the scenes crew are looking over our original database with a microscope attempting to weed out the problem. If they are successful then all of our posts will be restored. If they are not successful then the plan was, last I heard, to bring back the old boards and lock them out. This would give everyone an opportunity to copy any posts that contain important information and allow them to re-post them here.

I hope that clears things up without confusing you all. I tried my best. :mjbdead

-MJB

TaskMasterX

Epimethee

Thanks for the info and – obviously – the ongoing efforts, guys!

The Phantom Eyebrow

Quote from: Epimethee on February 02, 2007, 05:14:10 PM
Thanks for the info and – obviously – the ongoing efforts, guys!

Hear hear!  This must be a serious pain in the neck for you guys to have to spend so much time on this.  Thanks for all your efforts.