• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

VPMAX: Ferrigno as Hulk?

Started by crimsonquill, January 30, 2007, 09:30:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmdrkoenig67

I can add your Voice IDs to my list (and the link to the location), once you've done your corrections...If you'd like me to, CQ.

Dana

crimsonquill

Quote from: cmdrkoenig67 on February 08, 2007, 10:17:25 AM
I can add your Voice IDs to my list (and the link to the location), once you've done your corrections...If you'd like me to, CQ.

Sure, If they don't make your list any more complicated or messy... because I tweaked so many IDs around for my pack in one form or another. Plus with the addition of my MUA voices and BentonGrey's stuff some of the older voices (i.e. The Thing and The Joker) will be replaced with the newer versions to save space and multiple IDs of just one character.

Heck, I think you might just force me to create my own ID thread just to avoid the hassle of merging them in.  :unsure:

- CrimsonQuill

detourne_me

just posting to let you know how interested i'd be in another VPMax update with benton's or Cmdr Keonig's voices ;)

BentonGrey

Hey, thanks DM!  I think he's hoping that I'll finish a few more VP's before he releases the next pack.....and so am I :huh:

crimsonquill

Arghhh!!!  :banghead:

The good news is that I got a new gaming PC that kicks serious butt... the bad news is that while transferring my RAID drives from one PC to the other resulted in all of my old data to become corrupted. Yes, Everything that I had set up for VPMAXv1.4 went poof along with all of the recoded MUA sound files that I had.

Thankfully I had backed up most of my FF stuff onto DVD-Rom before this mess happened.. but I not gotten around to the files I created before my kidney stone mess.  :( Oh, well.. I can start over and do a better job but it's gonna delay things a bit longer then I hoped.

And hopefully Sledge and BentonGrey are not going to pummel me with rocks for this either..  :unsure:

- CrimsonQuill

BentonGrey

LOL....well....not rocks, pebbels maybe ;)  I'm really sorry to hear about that man, it's happened to me before, so I know how terrible it feels!  Anyway, don't worry about it, we'll still get everything together eventually.

electro

Hey at least you got a kickazz new Comp :blink:

Alphanaut

Bummer that you lost all that work. On the plus side you have a new computer, and now I have more time to work on my MUA minion VPs.  :P

CF Kane

Do these need to be installed in order? Because I installed the latest one first and then tried to go back and install the first pack. Dead silence on the majority of the voice packs.

crimsonquill

Yes, You need to install them in order from v1 to v1.3... but it shouldn't matter if you overwrite the data files you installed from the latest version to do so. Plus you need to make sure you install your voice packs in the FFX folder as well as the Data folder in the main FFvsT3R file - because those are where the dats in my pack look for the voices.

If you have any more problems then just wait for my release of VPMAXv2 because it self installs everything and should avoid a lot of the confusion you seem to be having manually installing them yourself.

- CrimsonQuill

crimsonquill

Yeah, I'm sure you folks have been holding your breath for news on anything VPMAX related... especially since I was forced to put things on hold until some family stuff and work load was caught up with.

The good news is that I've returned to working on converting voices from MUA once again so that I can finally release my v1.4 update pack. I'm only 6 voices in thus far (Blade, Doctor Strange, Captain America, Black Panther, Daredevil, Deadpool, and Colossus) so it should be a few weeks more before I'm finished and then I have figured out how to assemble the villians - so they should follow suite.

Sledgehammer has gone MIA with real life issues and my e-mails have gone unanswered since his last post in my thread here so I'm probably going solo again until I hear otherwise. The bad news is that he never passed the knowledge or voice files from his X-Men Legends 1 breakthru so that I could make voice packs of Jubilee, Magma, Havok, Blob, or Beast in his absence.  :(

I'll try again at the beginning of next month to see if I can reach him again.

Anyway, the big news is that I'm back working on VPMAX again for the summer.

- CrimsonQuill

BentonGrey

Hey CQ, great news!  We'll have to talk about that DC pack when you get a chance.  Good luck man!

Revenant

I just installed all these from Cat's link,in order.  Excellent job to everybody inviolved, these VP's enhance the game play to no end!

There are a few sound folders that come up empty after the install.. Joker, Dr Manbot, Female Survivalist... and a random smattering of others.  Did I miss one of the install files along the way, or is there someplace those files can be found? 

Panther_Gunn

Female Survivalist was a Zetor pack, and can be found on Cmdrkoenig's Yahoo Groups (don't know which one specifically).  The Doc Manbot one may still be available on the old Doc Manbot site (not sure).  Before I ask you for a list of which ones ended up missing & offer to send what I have to you, I'll let some others answer that are more familiar with VPMAX, in case it's an easier fix than that.

crimsonquill

Quote from: Revenant on June 18, 2007, 10:38:08 PM
I just installed all these from Cat's link,in order.  Excellent job to everybody inviolved, these VP's enhance the game play to no end!

There are a few sound folders that come up empty after the install.. Joker, Dr Manbot, Female Survivalist... and a random smattering of others.  Did I miss one of the install files along the way, or is there someplace those files can be found? 

Glad you like VPMAX, I'm working hard to get the newest update done as fast as I can since it finishes off Sledge's X-Men Legends 2 work and all of the heroes from Marvel Ultimate Alliance.

Anyway, the install order should be...

VPMAXv1
VPMAXv11
VPMAXv12 (3 parts & need to be united using winrar)
VPMAXv13

If all of the them are installed you should not be missing any voice clips at all... there are a few voices that I've still not gotten to work properly (male_armored_judge, male_newyork, etc) and still request folks to speak up on any errors they mind find. Once v1.4 is finished - I'm going to make a v2 edition which will compile all of the packs thus far into a single installer which should eliminate most headaches.

- CrimsonQuill

Revenant

Ok.. got em all now!  I think I just mis-clicked while moving them into my FFX folder.  Thanks CrimsonQuill... :thumbup:

Sledgehammer

Quote from: crimsonquill on June 08, 2007, 02:37:28 AM
Sledgehammer has gone MIA with real life issues and my e-mails have gone unanswered since his last post in my thread here so I'm probably going solo again until I hear otherwise. The bad news is that he never passed the knowledge or voice files from his X-Men Legends 1 breakthru so that I could make voice packs of Jubilee, Magma, Havok, Blob, or Beast in his absence.  :(

Sorry for that, Crimson. But it matters none, because I'm ready to help this cause! If you want, of course... :D.

I don't want to anticipate much, but maybe some XML I stuff will be released during this weekend. Certainly, one VP, and probably two... A male, and a female. Out of those 5 characters mentioned by Crimson, one that I have in mind is there. The other one, isn't.

crimsonquill

Just a little update here since I already sent Sledge a private welcome back message...

I just finished adding all of his recent VPs from XML1 & XML2 to my VPMAXv1.4 Update so that should relieve the pressure on him just a bit. And thanks again, Sledge, for Sunfire, Beast, and Jubilee being among the newest packs you completed I've been dying to hear those in game for awhile now.

I'm currently sorting thru all of my hero samples taken from Marvel Ultimate Alliance but to solve some of the Voice ID conflicts I'm alphabetizing my speech.txt file so future additions will not make me pull my hair out as I search all of these bloody post-it notes stuck to my monitor. That should probably take me until tomarrow evening to finish that part at least. Then I have a few new additions from Bad Day In LA along with updated packs of Anthony and The Living Dead  :banghead:

I'm taking a guess that VPMAXv1.4 should be out in early September at best.  :thumbup:

- CrimsonQuill

detourne_me

Excellent news!
i've just wiped my FFVTTR files and am building em back up again,  and it would be primo to get a neww version of VPMax

crimsonquill

Oy, I'm working as fast as I can.. but RL isn't giving me much work time unless I sacrifice some sleep now and again. I'm suprised to find that more then a few characters have completely generic lines in MUA so while they will referred to under their proper names it can easily be used for any character that fits the personality type.

Let's just cover which characters I've adapted so far....

Blade (or Swordsman) "It's been a slice" (1 voicepack)
Captain America (or Supersoldier) "Huh, I guess I am a Supersoldier." (1 voicepack)
Colossus3 (or Russian Brute) "You will not last 5 seconds against me." (2 voicepacks)
Elektra (or Female Martial Artist) "This should make for a nice workout." (1 voicepack)
Spider-Woman (or Female Seductrice) "Well, This is a first... I've never been ignored before." (1 voicepack)
Doctor Strange (or Sorcerer Supreme) "Prepare to face my mystic powers." (2 voicepacks)
Ghost Rider (or Supernatural Warrior) "Here, I'll make you a ghost." (1 voicepack)
Deadpool2 (or Wisecracking Assassin) "Hey! That guy owes me money." (1 voicepack)
Black Panther (or Royality) "I am a King you know... and Kings do not like to be bored." (2 voicepacks)
Daredevil (or Man Without Fear) "I believe this round goes to me." (1 voicepack)
Nick Fury (or Commander) "Don't worry. You don't have to salute." (1 voicepack)

And I'm still working on my samples from Bad Day in LA & Dead Hunters (a pinball game).

- CrimsonQuill

electro

Can't wait to get the new Pack :blink:

yell0w_lantern

Good stuff. Looking forward to hearing any updates.

crimsonquill

Quote from: yell0w_lantern on October 14, 2007, 10:12:59 AM
Good stuff. Looking forward to hearing any updates.

Due to offline issues I had to put VPMAX on the back burner for awhile until things slowed down enough for me to sit at my PC for long periods of time again. Thankfully that time starts this week as of Monday and I should be able to make some significant progress before Halloween gets here at any rate. *crosses fingers*

- CrimsonQuill

yell0w_lantern

Well, I'm really looking forward to it. I know sound often gets overlooked but it really does so much to set the tone that it's quite indispensable.

crimsonquill

Quote from: ips on October 15, 2007, 07:28:37 PM
monday? what about heroes?!!! - where are your priorities?!

I usually work on my sounds during the day when everyone else is out of the house and I can work in peace. Plus I always make sure to tape Heroes in case I miss something by interruption or being distracted by something I'm fiddling with. Mondays ("The Big Bang Theory" & "Heroes"), Tuesdays ("NCIS"), Wensdays ("Back To You" & "Kitchen Nightmares"), and Thursdays ("Smallville", "Supernatural") are the days I'm usually watching TV above anything else during the prime time hours.

- CrimsonQuill

Hiroki8

How do you adjust the volume for the voices in the pack? some of them aren't loud enough and some doesn't even have sound

crimsonquill

Quote from: Hiroki8 on October 19, 2007, 11:56:08 PM
How do you adjust the volume for the voices in the pack? some of them aren't loud enough and some doesn't even have sound

I can't help the volume level since that is established during the recording of said voice pack and a sound editor can only "normalize" it with a louder pack which often makes the lower volume pack sound horribly distorted. Sorry.  :( The best option is to lower the volume for your "in game music" so that all the voices can be heard clearly. It sucks but making good custom voices without professional studio equipment is a major pain.

A very small handful of voice packs in VPMAX will not work at all for some reason (Male_Italian_Hitman for example) and others I've managed to fix for v1.4 by alphabetizing my Voice IDs in the speech.txt plus it helps avoid reusing the same IDs in later additions.

VPMAX is a work in progress and it can only get better as I work out the bugs and add better quality voices from newer sources.

- CrimsonQuill

yell0w_lantern

Try mp3 gain. It's a free program. Iirc, set the normalization for 102.3 and that should get them closer to the game's loudness.

Hiroki8

OK can't wait for the next one :thumbup:

daglob

Quote from: crimsonquill on January 30, 2007, 09:30:54 PM
UPDATE:
You can download VPMAX here:

http://libertybay.freedomforceforever.com/VPMAX13.rar

Meanwhile, the previous versions are here

http://libertybay.freedomforceforever.com/vpmaxv1.7z
http://libertybay.freedomforceforever.com/vpmaxv11.rar
http://libertybay.freedomforceforever.com/VPMAX12.part1.rar
http://libertybay.freedomforceforever.com/VPMAX12.part2.rar
http://libertybay.freedomforceforever.com/VPMAX12.part3.rar

(Thanks to Catwhowalksbyhimself for hosting the files)

Please install them in order from v1 to v1.3 (1.2 is in three parts so winrar would be needed to merge them)

Enjoy!

- CrimsonQuill

What format is the first version in? Zip, rar, ace, arc, cbr, whatever, my computer says it's broke.

(Edit 10/31/07)
Nevermind... I found it.

|