• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

VPMAX: Ferrigno as Hulk?

Started by crimsonquill, January 30, 2007, 09:30:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mystik

Quote from: crimsonquill on September 07, 2007, 01:58:35 PM
Oy, I'm working as fast as I can.. but RL isn't giving me much work time unless I sacrifice some sleep now and again. I'm suprised to find that more then a few characters have completely generic lines in MUA so while they will referred to under their proper names it can easily be used for any character that fits the personality type.

Let's just cover which characters I've adapted so far....

Blade (or Swordsman) "It's been a slice" (1 voicepack)
Captain America (or Supersoldier) "Huh, I guess I am a Supersoldier." (1 voicepack)
Colossus3 (or Russian Brute) "You will not last 5 seconds against me." (2 voicepacks)
Elektra (or Female Martial Artist) "This should make for a nice workout." (1 voicepack)
Spider-Woman (or Female Seductrice) "Well, This is a first... I've never been ignored before." (1 voicepack)
Doctor Strange (or Sorcerer Supreme) "Prepare to face my mystic powers." (2 voicepacks)
Ghost Rider (or Supernatural Warrior) "Here, I'll make you a ghost." (1 voicepack)
Deadpool2 (or Wisecracking Assassin) "Hey! That guy owes me money." (1 voicepack)
Black Panther (or Royality) "I am a King you know... and Kings do not like to be bored." (2 voicepacks)
Daredevil (or Man Without Fear) "I believe this round goes to me." (1 voicepack)
Nick Fury (or Commander) "Don't worry. You don't have to salute." (1 voicepack)

And I'm still working on my samples from Bad Day in LA & Dead Hunters (a pinball game).

- CrimsonQuill

has the captain america vp been released?

crimsonquill

Quote from: Thor Reborn on November 04, 2007, 07:30:38 AM
has the captain america vp been released?

It's in my v1.4 update and will be released sometime early this month if no more delays occur... it should have ALL of the heroes from Ultimate Alliance and the few Sledgehammer has released for Justice League Heroes and a few others from other games.

- CrimsonQuill

Hiroki8

crimsonquill

I'm still tinkering with VPMAXv1.4 but offline issues and the holidays have slowed my progress to a snail-like crawl.. I'm hoping to get the update done before Christmas but who knows how my schedule will turn out. But rest assured that VPMAX is always being worked on one way or another... because I'm always finding games and cartoons that might make worthy items to sample voices from.

- CrimsonQuill

Mystik

just a friendly nudge :thumbup: :thumbup:

crimsonquill

Yeah, I'm still alive... kinda... sorta....

I've been running amok with offline stuff and when I finally think I get some time to work on my voices something pulls me away from my desk again. In fact I don't think I've had a weekend home until just after Halloween and this weekend looks like more of the same since my wife planned my weekend for me before leaving on a road trip this week.  :faint

I really am planning on releasing my update eventually but it looks closer to being released around Feburary/March at this rate (and hopefully before my Birthday).

- CrimsonQuill

the_ultimate_evil

so what way does this work do i have to download multiple packs or are they all in one pack

crimsonquill

Quote from: the_ultimate_evil on February 06, 2008, 07:19:48 AM
so what way does this work do i have to download multiple packs or are they all in one pack

It's in multiple packs.. you just need to put all of the voices in each pack into the ffx3/sounds/speech/english folder (which you have to make btw) and then use the latest packs .Dats and files to merge using FFEdit in the ffx3 folder. My instructions should be pretty simple.. once that is done then you should have voice_of_???? appear as selections in your character builder in game.

I'm still hammering away at v1.4.. and hopefully still on schedule for a March release.

- CrimsonQuill

electro

March sounds great - Good Luck finishing it :blink:

the_ultimate_evil

ok was just a bit confused that the links went from 1.2 to 1.7 then 1.3. voice packs always messed with my head

crimsonquill

Quote from: the_ultimate_evil on February 07, 2008, 08:09:11 AM
ok was just a bit confused that the links went from 1.2 to 1.7 then 1.3. voice packs always messed with my head

Well, that was a mistake on my part for making v1 and then making the next update v1.1 but having the file read "VPMaxv11" because I wasn't sure if the period would throw off the .zip/.rar archieve (i.e. "VPMaxv1.5.rar.01") if it got too big. Thus you look at the files in a pile with numbering that looked rather odd.. v1, v11, v12, v13.  :wacko:

My idiot numbering system should be fixed with v2 when I figure out how to make a self install file so that it's a simple point and click action.

- CrimsonQuill

BentonGrey

Awesome, new VPMAX is always good!

Epimethee

Quote from: crimsonquill on February 07, 2008, 01:21:13 PM
My idiot numbering system should be fixed with v2 when I figure out how to make a self install file so that it's a simple point and click action.
The ClickTeam installer might be good enough for your needs. If you need something more powerful (and thus, more complicated) Inno Setup might fit the bill well, especially with the GUI add-on; FWIW, the FFX 3.2 main folder includes the ffx3setup.iss source code of the Inno Stup installer. 

Mystik

any chance you could release some of the completed voices individually
I could really use that cap and nick

crimsonquill

Quote from: Thor Reborn on March 22, 2008, 09:09:47 PM
any chance you could release some of the completed voices individually
I could really use that cap and nick

Mmmmm.. I should be able to send those two via e-mail when I can... Nick is next on my to-do list.

My apologies to everyone waiting for my next VPMAX update as March has nearly passed and I'm still only slighty farther along on my character list then I should be.  :(  It's the typical reason of offline life grabbing me by the ear and not letting go until family stuff was delt with and sitting at the computer messing with my sounds could be a priority again.

Plus I'm hoping that Sledgehammer contacts me soon about the status of his X-Men/Justice League voices too... I want to add a few more before my update is released if possible.

- CrimsonQuill

Mystik

crimsonquill

Quote from: Mystik on June 23, 2008, 02:07:16 PM
any updates?

My apologies Mystik and others who have been waiting so patiently...Due to offline family issues (a few funerals, a family reunion, and a wedding - all far away from home) I've been slowed to a crawl on my VPMAX progress as I started catching up since my last post but I'm still moving forward so don't panic quite yet... and the loss of contact with Sledgehammer also has me worried a bit.

However I'm starting to rethink my releasing of a whole VPMAX MUA update since Electro has gone ahead to releasing hero voice packs when he agreed with me that he would focus on villians since he figured out their file naming structure.  <_<   By the time I get my whole "MUA Heroes" update done and perfected he will have just enough packs released to make my work pointless.. but I degress.

Since my summer is slowly allowing for more free time I should be playing catch up in the next few weeks.... and I need to take a look at what packs that I have already done and see what can be released as soon as possible.

- CrimsonQuill

electro

Time wasted is doubtfull Crimson - once your pack comes out I'll switch over to it - Till then I am just releasing a quick fix - The Villains are still comming & feel free to change the ID's of my voices for your pack :blink:

crimsonquill

Quote from: electro on June 23, 2008, 02:50:12 PM
Time wasted is doubtfull Crimson - once your pack comes out I'll switch over to it - Till then I am just releasing a quick fix - The Villains are still comming & feel free to change the ID's of my voices for your pack :blink:

Ok, Just checking to make sure that you were not jumping ahead of me during my absence..  :P
I was getting worried for a moment there..

Anyway, I just went thru my "finished voice pack" folder and counted 19 hero voice packs that I have ready for release... SO tonight and tomarrow I'm going to prepare a VPMAX update just for them and push the unfinished ones to the next update -  I've just abused you folks too much already.

- CrimsonQuill

electro

crimsonquill

After a Loooooooooooong delay.. I can finally say... VPMAXv1.4 IS FINALLY RELEASED! *snoopy dance*

It features 21 new voices (not counting the generic versions of some characters) which include the DC packs available from Sledgehammer before we both were swamped by life. And it's fully functional for FFX 3.2!

Updated: Black Panther, Male Royalty (Generic Black Panther), Blade, Captain America, Colossus MUA, Male Russian Armored (Generic Colossus MUA), Daredevil, Male Stealthy (Generic Daredevil), Deadpool MUA, Male Crazy (Generic Deadpool MUA), Doctor Strange, Male Sorcerer* (Generic Doctor Strange), Elektra, Female Assassin (Generic Elektra), Ghost Rider, Male Spooky (Generic Ghost Rider), Human Torch, Male Firey Hero* (Generic Human Torch), Iceman MUA, Male Teenager (Generic Iceman MUA), Invisible Woman, Female Hero (Generic Invisible Woman), Luke Cage, Male Bodyguard (Generic Luke Cage), Nick Fury, Spider-Man, Male Rookie Hero (Generic Spider-Man), Spider-Woman, Aquaman, Male Atlantian (Generic Aquaman), Batman, Male Intimidating* (Generic Batman), Huntress, Female Muscle (Generic Huntress), Superman, Male Caped Hero (Generic Superman), Wonder Woman, Female Amazon (Generic Wonder Woman).

You can download VPMAX here:

Edit: (now available here)
http://freedomforceforever.com/cqprod/vpmax/VPMAXv14.rar

- CrimsonQuill

XPTO

Having a blast with the voices, thank you to the team behind it and i hope you guys keep it up.

Cheers  :thumbup:.

crimsonquill

Mmmmkay.... Apparently I entered a time warp vortex while on my weekend trip and lost my last post here... okay... Let's see if I can remember what I typed and rewind time for those who didn't see it 8 hours before the board jumped in time.

*rewinding sound*

Awww.. Fudge!  :banghead:

Apparently I made a major error because while I was putting all of the completed MUA voice packs in a folder for my last update.. I complete missed all of the X-Men Legends ones that I had in another folder. So while the .dat files may say that some voices are available.. unless you manually installed them from Sledge's site they will not work at all. Soooooo... It looks like my v1.5 update will be much larger then I planned on. Plus I discovered during in-game play just before I left that my MUA packs volume levels are far lower then I thought they were and result in them getting overwelmed by background sound effects.

So look forward to Jubilee, Beast, Jean Grey, Dark Phoenix, Magma, Emma Frost, and a few others appearing in my next update... along with 5 additional shell-tastic voice packs thanks to Alphanaut for sending me files from one of the video games based on the 2003 Animated Series of TMNT. And if you add on the generic versions of the above characters then you really see how large the next update might be and it should be released as soon as I finish the last 9 MUA hero characters and complete the few that I bumped from the v1.4 update.

- CrimsonQuill

XPTO

This is how i did ips:

Download all the packs, extract all the voices into the \Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\Data\Sounds\speech (had to create speech folder).

Then copy the speech.txt and speech.dat FROM THE LAST PACK 1.4 to \Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\ffx3\Lang\English.

Then we just need to merge two .dat files to FFX3 .dats FROM THE LAST PACK 1.4 (objects.dat and characters.dat)

Hope it helps  :).

XPTO

Quote from: ips on July 08, 2008, 12:31:50 PM
thanks man. i finally got it going with that advice.

i did notice that some of the voicepacks are setup in the system but the files are not present in the packs. is this something everyone is aware of? or should i keep track and report the ones missing?

Yeah in Crimsonquill last post he says he forgot to add some voice packs, but you can download them at Sledgehammers site http://geocities.com/sledgehammer_ff/ffvc.html

crimsonquill

The good news is that I'm only 3 voice packs away from starting adding the coding to the voices.dats and making my final game tests to make sure everything plays smoothly this time for v1.5... and then shortly afterwards will be a simple v1.6 update which will just be fixed MUA voice packs with upped volume levels to fix my sound goof in the first part of my MUA packs (there will be no .dats or updated files other then just the fixed voice files).

And then I'm going to dig full time into finishing my Destroy All Humans voice packs.. hopefully for part 1, 2, and 3 (if my Wii is cooperative)..

- CrimsonQuill

catwhowalksbyhimself

I'm working on the hosting for this.  I'm going to give him full ftp access so he can throw updates up at will.  Should be done tomorrow.

style

I have a real stupid question, are these Voice Packs like the original one for :ff: in which it automaticly installed the voices and everything in the right spot?

crimsonquill

Quote from: style on July 09, 2008, 07:20:46 AM
I have a real stupid question, are these Voice Packs like the original one for :ff: in which it automaticly installed the voices and everything in the right spot?

The simple answer is no unfortunitly.. no auto-installer YET but once I figure out how to make an installer program like that auto-merge .dat files then I might attempt it. But I do hope that I provide enough install details in my readme to make it easy enough...  :unsure:

- CrimsonQuill

Panther_Gunn

I don't think any of the auto-installers to date (at least for  :ff:) have ever done a .dat merge.  I'm sure there's a way it can be done, but you'd probably have to include the tool that does the merging in the installer, which I'm sure would either be too much bloat in the file size, or too much work, to really pay off.

|