• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

VPMAX: Ferrigno as Hulk?

Started by crimsonquill, January 30, 2007, 09:30:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crimsonquill

Sure, gamers are watching E3 coverage on G4TV or elsewhere for game news this week.. but I have another update to make...

Yup, Another update for VPMAX is ready.. and it finishes off my heroes for MUA and the missing XML2 voices from v1.4.

What's new? Added Beast, Male Scientist (Generic Beast), Dark Phoenix, Female Evil (Generic Dark Phoenix), Emma Frost, Female Queen (Generic Emma Frost), Jean Grey, Female Resolute (Generic Jean Grey), Jubilee, Female Sidekick (Generic Jubilee), Magma, Female Teen (Generic Magma), Colossus XML2, Male Russian Soldier (Generic Colossus XML2), Iceman XML2, Male Teen (Generic Iceman XML2), Rogue XML2, Female Southern (Generic Rogue XML2), Storm XML2, Female African (Generic Storm XML2), Magneto, Male Megalomaniac (Generic Magneto), Psylocke, Female British (Generic Psylocke), Sunfire, Male Japanese (Generic Sunfire), Bishop, Male Timecop (Generic Bishop), Warbird, Female Soldier (Generic Warbird), Moon Knight, Male Nocturnal (Generic Moon Knight), Iron Man MUA, Male Armor2 (Generic Male Armor2), Silver Surfer, Male Otherworldly (Generic Silver Surfer), The Thing MUA, Thor, Wolverine MUA, Mister Fantastic, Living Dead (updated), Anthony from Bad Day in LA (updated), Sam (from the Dead Hunters Pinball Game), Casey Jones, and TMNT (Don, Mike, Leo, and Raph).

So, that makes 28 new characters (not including the generic versions) this update.. not too bad.

Where do you get it? Here: http://freedomforceforever.com/cqprod/vpmax/VPMAXv15.rar

- CrimsonQuill

XPTO

Thanks for this Crim, its nice to have beautifull skins but this is what gives them the personality touch. :cool:

Thanks again to you and Sledge for a great job with these. :thumbup:

manboy

:thumbup: , great work guys gonna try this rite now!

crimsonquill

Quote from: crimsonquill on June 29, 2008, 10:03:15 PM
Apparently I made a major error because while I was putting all of the completed MUA voice packs in a folder for my last update.. I complete missed all of the X-Men Legends ones that I had in another folder. So while the .dat files may say that some voices are available.. unless you manually installed them from Sledge's site they will not work at all. Soooooo... It looks like my v1.5 update will be much larger then I planned on. Plus I discovered during in-game play just before I left that my MUA packs volume levels are far lower then I thought they were and result in them getting overwelmed by background sound effects.l

It's time to release my bonus update to fix my first MUA voice packs.. it's called VPMAXFix or VPMAXv1.5b..

Click here: http://freedomforceforever.com/cqprod/vpmax/VPMAXFix.rar

I adjusted the sound levels on my first batch of MUA characters so they can be heard over the games background noises... so there is no additional files but sound packs in this update. Just install the voices into the correct directory and go play!

- CrimsonQuill

crimsonquill

Apparently the gaming gods smiled upon me because I found someone who passed me files to some characters I missed...

Who are they? MUA has some bonus characters for the PSP version.. and so VPMAXv1.6 will now include Black Widow, Captain Marvel, Hawkeye, and Ronin among my Destroy All Humans files..

- CrimsonQuill

Carravaggio

:D Great news! More voices = win!

crimsonquill

As I've been looking for the missing voices from the MUA game.. I realize that some of the characters from the X-Box 360 Gold Edition of the game will probably take awhile to become available (Hulk, Venom, and Doctor Doom) since they need to be extracted from the archieve files they are stored in.

Anyway, I have ALL of the '90s Incredible Hulk cartoons on DVD and was wondering if you folks would like me to sample Lou Ferrigno's voice from this series and use it for my Hulk voice pack instead. After all the fans wanted Lou to return as the voice of Hulk and he stepped forward to do so for the new movie - so why not hear him in FF too.

- CrimsonQuill

apfarmakis

The problem IMHO with voice packs from TV and/or films is that there is almost always background music or sound effects that mar the voice itself.

Regalomaniac

Could somebody please tell me how to install these voicepacks in noobspeak please? I tried reading the other posts to figure out how to install them but I'm totally lost with the terms used. I would really apprecitate it.

laughing paradox

Fantastic work, guys. Thanks for these great additions. They really make a big difference in the game.  :thumbup:

EDIT: I've run into a bizarre problem.

I downloaded all the Voice Maps and they all work well. (Except, of course, the ones that don't have the sound files like Cable and female_shifty)

So I go through my custom characters to add the voices. I noticed some of my characters can attach the voices with no problem, which is great. However, I have other characters, like my Aquaman or Batman for example, that don't allow ANY voice to attach to it (either the ones from the voice map OR the ones that come with the game). I can hear the sound of the voice when I click on it, but the selection remains blank. What could I have done wrong? I installed all the sound files, in order, into the correct Data file and then merged the appropriate dat files..but like I said, I can hear the sound files..and with other characters, they are fine. I ran the FFXedit program, to make sure I 'branded' the custom characters, but to no avail.

XPTO

Quote from: laughing paradox on September 08, 2008, 01:11:08 PM
Fantastic work, guys. Thanks for these great additions. They really make a big difference in the game.  :thumbup:

EDIT: I've run into a bizarre problem.

I downloaded all the Voice Maps and they all work well. (Except, of course, the ones that don't have the sound files like Cable and female_shifty)

So I go through my custom characters to add the voices. I noticed some of my characters can attach the voices with no problem, which is great. However, I have other characters, like my Aquaman or Batman for example, that don't allow ANY voice to attach to it (either the ones from the voice map OR the ones that come with the game). I can hear the sound of the voice when I click on it, but the selection remains blank. What could I have done wrong? I installed all the sound files, in order, into the correct Data file and then merged the appropriate dat files..but like I said, I can hear the sound files..and with other characters, they are fine. I ran the FFXedit program, to make sure I 'branded' the custom characters, but to no avail.

I have this problem sometimes but its an easy fix: open Alex hero tool select any voice from there and save the file, then ingame all is normal and you can choose the voice one you want.

Its a late post but hope it helps someone  :).

crimsonquill

Quote from: ips on December 08, 2008, 03:26:59 PM
does anyone know what steps i would take to add the voicepacks back into the ffx3.3 dats? does anyone have a list of the speech entries and stuff that were added for example? or do we have to wait for CQ to release a new version that works with ffx3.3?

I'm not quite sure if I can throw together the text changes you would need in a reasonable amount of time.. It might be easier to just Zip up copies of my own .Dats and Lang files that I merged when updating to FFX3.3 myself.. I'll see what I can whip together in the next few days and post a link to it here.

- CQ

|