• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Bleach

Started by UnfluffyBunny, January 31, 2007, 02:53:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UnfluffyBunny

So, I just noticed this weeks vgcats is a nod to Renji, so I thought i'd see if there's anyone else about keeping up with the anime bleach? ^_^
some friends at work got me watching it.... I watched episode 1 to 74 in the first week, right now i'm just waiting for episode 113 @_@

for anyone wondering about the vg cats strip, a large portion of the cast are "shinigami" or death gods, they keep the balance of souls between earth and "soul society", a shinigami wields a zanpaku-to (soul cutting sword) which is a general katana, the size of which is determined by the amout of rietsu (soul energy) the wielder has (or is releasing) in traditional style, the main character has an oversized zanpaku-to, once a shinigami learns the name of his zanpaku-to he can achive shikai (part release) which transforms the zanpaku-to and allows the shinigami to use special abilities specific to each zanpaku-to, the zanpaku-to will return to normal after release of if the wielder becomes unconcious (tho the main character's rietsu is constantly leaking, so his zanpaku-to will never go below shikai).
the next step is bankai (full release) which transforms the zanpaku-to into it's final form, and magnifies the shinigami's power by upto 10 fold.
example:
Renji Zanpaku-to
Renji Shikai (Zabimaru)
Renji Bankai

S.A.M.

what's up bunny man?  :P

I like Ichigo (the main character)'s bankai. pretty badarse. I'm glad they already finished up the Bounto filler. yech.

Captain Pluto

hey bunny dude remember in episode 44 when ishida breaks his glove and his quincy powers increased!!!!
that was awsome

UnfluffyBunny

Heh, I love the idea of comperession of power in Ichigo's Bankai, and it amuses me he gets Zangetsu's coat ^_^

and yeah, the whole quincy armour with 1 wing was pretty cool, I wish he'd of finished off the creepy captain he was fighting tho ¬_¬ (cant remember his name off the top of my head) i'm just waiting for Ishida to fully regain his powers ^_^

(random geeky moment, I got a Renji style tattoo on monday :P *is notorious for getting tattoo's representing characts he likes* )

S.A.M.

just finished watching ep.113 today. nothing big happended... just an introduction of two new villains.

:spoiler:

i can't wait till Ichigo finds out his dad's a Shinigami too.

Glitch Girl

cartoon Network started airing episodes a few months ago.  I've been enjoying it so far, though I'm nowhere as far along as you guys are.  (I think I'm still in the teens episode wise)

UnfluffyBunny

I presume cartoon network are airing the dubbed version.... *shudders* the subtitled japanese version is much better :)

Glitch Girl

I don't doubt it, but it does make for a good introduction to someone who's never seen the series before.

S.A.M.

Yeah... It's just that in most dubs, the voices doesn't really fit the character... And Jap voice acting is waaay better IMO.

Rick Battlemage

<.<

Obviously this show is all about Hitsugaya, just wait and see, soon he'll take over, he's awesome.

>.>

UnfluffyBunny

I dont understand the obsession with Hitsugaya... i'm pretty sure it's just the ice dragon thing... but he'd never last out in a long fight as that dissapears after 3 strong attacks...

so yeah... Renji FTW! :P

Flying_Infant

I've been trying to keep up with it, but I seem to be going to bed early alot lately in my old age...(25. old. arthritis. bah!)

I generally prefer the dubbed versions, I have to be in a mood to try and multitask reading and watching. Not all of us understand Japanese. Though I wish I did. But I'm content with what I first see/hear, so I'm happy with the dubs.   Though I'm easily entertained. :p

Captain Pluto

anyone guys seen captain aizen's true self
he looks cool :cool:

kkhohoho

Personally, I'm waiting to watch more untill they get past the point I've gotten to in the manga.  Shouldn't be too long though.

Captain Pluto

Quote from: UnfluffyBunny on February 01, 2007, 08:31:06 AM
I presume cartoon network are airing the dubbed version.... *shudders* the subtitled japanese version is much better :)

i thougth they're alrdy showing it on adultswim

UnfluffyBunny

Quote from: kkhohoho on February 01, 2007, 08:55:50 PM
Personally, I'm waiting to watch more untill they get past the point I've gotten to in the manga.  Shouldn't be too long though.

over here the translations are only up to the soul society arc -_-

but of course the anime was set to overtake the manga, thats why we had the bounto arc :)

kkhohoho

Quote from: UnfluffyBunny on February 02, 2007, 12:03:34 AM
Quote from: kkhohoho on February 01, 2007, 08:55:50 PM

over here the translations are only up to the soul society arc -_-

but of course the anime was set to overtake the manga, thats why we had the bounto arc :)

I didn't tell you; I watch Bleach online.  I also read the manga online, up to the point where the half hollow Arcana or whatever the're called are sent by Aizen to attack Ichigo and company, after the first 3-the one beaten by Ichigo's dad, and the following two- fight.  I've read episode summaries online, short ones, so I'll know when I'll start watching again.

:P

AquaSurfer

hey kkhohohohohohohohohohohohohohohohohhohohohohohohohohohohhoohhohohohohohoohhoohohohohhohohohhohohoh

did u read the part where the bald guy gets his bankai?

Captain Pluto

hey i saw that picture of him getting it
he was all bloody and had sharp blades around him

AquaSurfer

i also read the part where ishida gets a neat weapon

UnfluffyBunny

>_<

if your gonna read ahead and post about it, puh-leeeease use spoiler tags?

AquaSurfer

i don't know know how to put spoilers thingy

catwhowalksbyhimself

put up the generic set of tags like this:

[]
[/]

And put the word spoiler in the brackets, and after the slash in the closing one.  Whatever needs to be marked as a spoiler goes between the two sets of brackets.

[spoiler]Alternately, just write something, highlight it, and hit the button that looks like a piece of a yellow cloud next to the quot button and above the FFvTTR smiley, like I'm doing for this sentence.[/spoiler]

AquaSurfer

like this?

[spoiler]ishida's new weapon looks a blade[/spoiler]

catwhowalksbyhimself

Uncle Yuan

:huh:

[spoiler]Is this a retread of the infamous fake anime thread?[/spoiler]

catwhowalksbyhimself

Bleach IS a real anime.  Look it up.

AquaSurfer

did u think the name bleach was fakish? or something? idk

Sword

It does have some similarities to that which shall not be named, but not enough.