• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Ong Bak

Started by AquaSurfer, February 06, 2007, 06:48:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AquaSurfer

has anyone seen this movie?
its so crazy man. the guy tony is a really cool guy, fighting all of those thugs :thumbup:

Captain Pluto

i just saw that movie today.
i also saw the alternated ending too :P

Midnight

Tony Jaa is incredibly talented. Seeing muay thai on the big screen is refreshing too. The plot is kinda thin, but it's all about the choreography and the stunts.

lugaru

Quote from: Midnight on February 06, 2007, 09:25:05 PM
Tony Jaa is incredibly talented. Seeing muay thai on the big screen is refreshing too. The plot is kinda thin, but it's all about the choreography and the stunts.

I like to think of it as a stuntmans resume. That's what the director used it as too... one of the "hidden" easter eggs is like some grafitti asking Luc Besson to call him.

:thumbup:

Ajax

Quote from: lugaru on February 07, 2007, 03:39:29 AM
Quote from: Midnight on February 06, 2007, 09:25:05 PM

I like to think of it as a stuntmans resume. That's what the director used it as too... one of the "hidden" easter eggs is like some grafitti asking Luc Besson to call him.

:thumbup:

Too bad Luc Besson isn't directing anymore movies (He said sometime ago that he was only going to direct ten films and Arthur and the Invisibles was #10) cause that would have been an interesting combination. I still like Danny the Dog which he wrote.

Jakew

I own it on DVD and force my friends to watch it. It's the last really great martial-arts film I've seen.

Favourite scene ... either Ting breaking that guy's leg (the one with the saw blade and ... vampire fangs?) or the double knee drop through the floor. I also like the chase scene where Ting is jumping over and through a variety on insane stuff (cars, rolls of barbed wire, sheets of glass, etc).

Pyroclasm

If you like "Ong Bak", watch "The Protector", which recently came out on DVD.  That's another movie to feature Tony's incredible fight/stunt skill.

AquaSurfer

Quote from: Pyroclasm on February 08, 2007, 03:35:07 PM
If you like "Ong Bak", watch "The Protector", which recently came out on DVD.  That's another movie to feature Tony's incredible fight/stunt skill.

yeah! i wanna watch the protector!
but no money :(
i've spent money on cool shows