• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Play-by-Post D&D: The Beginning

Started by Gremlin, February 06, 2007, 08:18:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Gremlin

One of the human girl closes her eyes and a shaft of purple light streams from her left fist, destroying the manacle and careening into the ceiling.  Rocks and dust tumble down over the half-ogre.  The guard jumps in his sleep, falling off the chair.  His head collides into the rear wall with a loud thunk, and he passes into sleep again, but his snores no longer fill the hall, and you can see a trickle of blood coming down the rocks.

The other girl finally manages to squirm out of her manacles.  Both hands have blood running down across the reddened skin.

Lord Elcorion

ummm.. whoops.. well, at least it worked. --i examin the damage i cuased, wondering if i managed to loosen the mountings on either the one manacle still binding me, or anyone else's manacles.--

Glitch Girl

QuoteOne of the human girl closes her eyes and a shaft of purple light streams from her left fist, destroying the manacle and careening into the ceiling.
The other human female instinctively tries to duck out of the way, and probably could too if she wasn't still attached to the wall by one arm.

At this point she pulls her other arm free and winces, gingerly examining her raw hands.

"ummm.. whoops..." says the other girl, "Well, at least it worked."

I look over at the dead or unconsious guard, then back at her.  "That was... whoah.  Wait, first things first."

I go to the bars and reach through them, trying to reach the key on our stricken sentry.  If I can't reach the keys, what can I reach?

Panther_Gunn

Quote from: Gremlin on February 21, 2007, 08:16:06 PMRocks and dust tumble down over the half-ogre.

*klonk!*

The large figure finally seems to stir, seeming to only just be awakening.

*YAWNNNNNN*

With eyes scrunched closed, arms, back, and legs stretch, pulling on the chains (and perhaps even bending some of the links).  Smacking loudly to clear the sleep-accumulated fuzz in the mouth, he reaches his hands towards his eyes to rub out the "sleep", only now seeming to acknowledge the chains limiting his reach.  Brow furrowed in deep thought, lower lip thrust out in confusion, the creature speaks.

"Why Og's hands stuck?  Where am Og?"  *clink clink* go the chains as he moves his arms about
"Someone chain Og.  Og not like!"

With a great heave, Og thrusts his arms forward, intending on an arc to reach the floor in front of him, trusting either the manacles, chains, or wall itself to give way.

BentonGrey

The crackling sound of eldritch energy careening past his head brought Dakkon Elsdragon (the dark blue elf) up out of the darkness into reluctant wakefulness.  He blinked bleary eyes, and shook his head in an ill-fated attempt to remove the dullness that still clung to his conciousness.  "Where....where am I....?"  He gasped, his mouth working hard to form the unfamiliar words of the surface tongue. 

He started in surprise as the massive form next to him began to strain against his chains.

Glitch Girl

Now that the half-ogre's awake, I work FASTER.  ;)

Have I ever seen the blue Dakkon's race before or is he something new to my character?

BentonGrey

Staring around in open eyed wonder at the massive creature chained to the wall next to him, Dakkon begins to test his own chains, flexing the formidable power of his limbs for one all-or-naught pull.

Reepicheep

Up until now, Orloid, the paler of the two elves, had been completely out of conciousness until now. It is the strong, stinking breathing of the foul half-ogre that snatched him away from his dreams.

Orloid's slow wit of having just woken up has him take some time to assess the situtation. He notices everyone else's chains before he takes regard to his own.

"By the gods!" he exclaimed quite loudly in a very well-spoken accent. "I'm in chains! Help me!"

Moments more of those shoutings pass before he realises that everyone else is in an identical situation, and seems to have their cool about it far more than he does. He nods his head, looks around the room at each of the other prisoners and gives them the 'man of the world' look.

His eyes look over to the guard on the ground, bleeding at the head.

"Does anyone believe they are able to reach him there? Stories oft tell of prisoners that cunningly pick-pocket the guards for the keys. This may be as such."

Glitch Girl

"Well, it is a lot easier [grunt] to do when they're knocked senseless," I say as I stretch, trying to reach the keys (or something to get a hand hold on so I can drag the body close enough to get said keys)

konbiz

"Aye that half-ogre is looking a wee bit restless, le's jus' hope he's a friendly ogre aye?"

Shahzir tries to replicate Og's feat, resulting in his small body to swing into the wall.

"I say me laddos, I can help ye all if ye can jus' help me get an arm free, tha's I need to cast some of me magic"

OOG: Do I have a familiar at this time? If so can I summon it at this moment in time?

Lord Elcorion

i'll call up my eldritch energies once more, blasting the dwarves chains, before repeating the feat on my remaining manacle

Gremlin

Despite her strains, the one human girl finds the guard to be just barely out of her reach.  Her fingers scrape the bttom of a mud-covered boot.

With a mighty heave, the ogre yanks the chains out of the wall.  The pegs holding them in fly across the narrow cell, looping through the cell bars.  They're about two or three feet long, and the manacles themselves are very tight on his thick wrists.

The other human girl shoots off another purple blast at the dwarf's chains.  They fall apart, and the stout humanoid falls to the floor with a thud.  Another blast destroys her other remaining shackle.  The blue elf struggles against his bonds, but finds himself too weak to break them.

Konbiz: [spoiler] Your familiar (PM me what animal you want) seems to be gone.  You're not quite sure where he is, but you can feel him trying to communicate with you empathically.  You faintly perceive that he is very scared. [/spoiler]

BentonGrey

Dakkon ceased his fruitless struggles, and took stock of his surroundings once again.  As most of his fellow prisoners had freed themselves, he swallowed his pride, and once more put voice to the unfamiliar tongue, "It would seem....that I cannot free myself, assistnace would be...welcome..."

Lord Elcorion

i fire an eldritch blast on both of the elves chains freeing everyone who was still stuck, before looking to the other human girl "my powers seem to be more than enough to handle plain steel.. shall i just blast the lock?"

((OOG for those that might want to know, a warlock's eldritch blast and other invocations can be performed at will an unlimited number of times. the catch is that they only learn a total of 12 invocations by lvl twenty.))

Gremlin

The large amount of rubble on the floor makes it difficult to walk in the cramped cell without hurting your feet, and the dust in the air makes it painful to breathe.

BentonGrey

The azure skinned elf began to cough in the confined air of the dank cell.  "I hate these tiny places," he thought to himself, "what I wouldn't give for a mile of ocean over my head."  Taking a breath and holding it against the stinging dust, Dakkon stepped gingerly over to the bars, and tried his longer reach in an attempt to get a hold of the downed guard.

Glitch Girl

QuoteDespite her strains, the one human girl finds the guard to be just barely out of her reach.  Her fingers scrape the bttom of a mud-covered boot.

The woman curses under her breath. 

QuoteWith a mighty heave, the ogre yanks the chains out of the wall.  The pegs holding them in fly across the narrow cell, looping through the cell bars.  They're about two or three feet long, and the manacles themselves are very tight on his thick wrists.

The other human girl shoots off another purple blast at the dwarf's chains.  They fall apart, and the stout humanoid falls to the floor with a thud.  Another blast destroys her other remaining shackle.  The blue elf struggles against his bonds, but finds himself too weak to break them.

As all hell seems to be breaking loose behind her, the dark haired girl starts noticibly.  She seems fascinated by the eldritch magics and unnerved by the large Half-ogre.  (Oh great, he's going to kill us, she thinks to herself)

Still, she can't help but watch as the other woman summons up another bolt to free the blue elf (blue, now there's something you don't see every day either)

"How did you do that? I thought magic took more..." she waves her hands vaguely, "more... words and  motions and things."

She also studies the blue elf curiously.  (OOG: does my character recognize this type of elf?) He seems safe enough, the dwarf and the other elf too.  The girl's a bit explosive but seems to not want to harm us, but the half-ogre...

Oh boy.

Gremlin

The blue elf can get a good grip on the guard's boot, but the boot comes off his foot easier than he could move across the floor.  He doesn't seem strong enough to move this obese guard.

GG:[spoiler]No, you don't recognize the elf, as you've never seen a blue one in your travels.[/spoiler]

GG, Og, Dakkon, Orloid: [spoiler]As the chaos of the magic blasts and tossed-about rubble subside, you hear a voice calling in the distance.  Sounds like it's down the hall.  You can't quite make out what it's saying.[/spoiler]

Glitch Girl

The darkhaired woman snaps alert.

"Shh, did you hear that? " she whispers and listens, trying to make out the sound.

Lord Elcorion

Quote from: Glitch Girl on February 22, 2007, 10:24:12 PM
"How did you do that? I thought magic took more..." she waves her hands vaguely, "more... words and  motions and things."
perhaps for some.. my magic is.. different.. the dwarf here might recognize it. and.. sorry about the dust..

Gremlin

GG, Og, Dakkon, Orloid: [spoiler]The sound is more clear now.  You clearly heard the words "Gregor" and "ruckus."  It's some sort of humanoid, and it has a definite Archelian accent.[/spoiler]

BentonGrey

Dakkon's eyes went wide as he heard the faint voices echoing down the corridor, and he strained his sensitive ears to try and make out the sounds, turning towards the dark haired human and nodding in agreement as she tried to quiet the other prisoners.  As the air began to clear, and the danger of discovery at so delicate stage of their escape dawned urgently on his mind, Dakkon breathed a bit more quickly as he drew himself up to his full height. 

Turning to the ogre, still crouched against the wall, Prince Elsdragon fixed piercing purple eyes on the hulking brute, and in a hushed, yet imperious tone, he rattled out, "you there, large one, we need this..."creatures" keys..do you understand me?"

OOG: Archelian?  What is that, and would Dakkon be familiar with it?

Gremlin

GG, Og, Dakkon, Orloid: [spoiler] The voice is nearer now, not a hundred feet off.  It still echoes, but you can make out precisely what he's saying: "Hey, Gregor?  You all right?  What's going on over there?"[/spoiler]

The Archelians are an ethnicity of human, halfling and elf.  Long ago, these three races formed a mighty globe-spanning empire.  However, several centuries ago, an event called the Great Cataclysm wracked the planet, causing massive tidal shifts, floods and earthquakes.  New continents and mountains sprung up instantly.  Untold millions of creatures died.  And after the few seconds it shook the world, no colony ever contacted Archelai again.  It seemed to have been completely wiped from existing.

The country you are currently in is called Kraynor, and it is one of two known still-existing Archelian colonies (along with it's hostile western neighbor, Eichalon).  Most humans, halflings and elves in Kraynor are Archelian, although there are plenty of "old elves" (Ambalion) and Ciadis and Vashtri humans, who lived on the ocntinent long before any Archelians arrived.

Panther_Gunn

Og stands to his full height, or at least as much as this cramped space will allow.  Eyes squinting to see through the dust, and against the eldritch light flashing here & there, he looks over the smaller figures darting about.  One hand reaches up to scratch his head, still dangling the chain.

"Who you people?"  His eyes narrow with sudden suspiscion.  "You people chain Og?"

As his narrowed gaze travels downward to take in each figure, he seems to be distracted by something.

"Where Og pants?  :blink: Og not wear dress like stupid ogres!" :angry:

Quote from: BentonGrey on February 22, 2007, 10:50:06 PMTurning to the ogre, still crouched against the wall, Prince Elsdragon fixed piercing purple eyes on the hulking brute, and in a hushed, yet imperious tone, he rattled out, "you there, large one, we need this..."creatures" keys..do you understand me?"

Og looks from the cerulean elf to where the guard lays, and back again, a look somewhere between thought and confusion on his face.  He scratches his head with his other hand.

"....keys......   Funny little metal bits?" he says, pointing toward the ring of keys.  "Og get 'keys', you let Og out, find Og clothes?"

(ooc: assuming the elf consents to the deal)

Og makes his way to the bars closest to where the funny little metal bits are, more or less gently.  Placing one foot on one bar and grabbing the next bar with both hands, he pulls mightily with his arms, and pushes in the opposite direction with his foot.  With any luck, one of the bars will come out completely, for a convenient weapon.

Reepicheep

Orloid can't help but feel a little forgotten in all the ruckus. The majority of his cellmates have found a way of getting themselves free from their chains, but he is still immobile.

"I say, Warlock." he said once, then again in a slightly louder tone "Warlock, there! Would you be able to break these ones off as well? I'm afraid I'm a little useless without being able to move."

BentonGrey

Dakkon was taken aback by the great creatures question, but maintained his composure enough to stammer, "yes, yes, we'll get you some pants.....and happily...."

Glitch Girl

Quote"Who you people?"  His eyes narrow with sudden suspiscion.  "You people chain Og?"

The dark-haired woman shakes her nead in an emphatic "no".

Quote"....keys......   Funny little metal bits?" he says, pointing toward the ring of keys.  "Og get 'keys', you let Og out, find Og clothes?"
---
"I say, Warlock." he said once, then again in a slightly louder tone "Warlock, there! Would you be able to break these ones off as well? I'm afraid I'm a little useless without being able to move."

"Shh shh shh... someone's coming,"  the dark haired woman says in a hushed voice, realizing this is probably a wasted effort, considering all the noise that's already been made.  She quickly weighs her options...

(If Og makes a large enough gap for me to slip through before the other guards get here, I want to dart past him, grab the keys and toss them to the others so they can get out.  If the guard has a light weapon like a knife or small sword, I grab that too and try to hide in the gloom.  If he doesn't, I grab the nearest blunt object I can easily wield and hide to try to waylay whoever's coming to check on us)

[edit: typo]

BentonGrey

OOG: If Og makes a big enough whole, Dakkon is going to try and back-up the dark haired woman, although he's quick enough on the uptake to not get in her way, he just wants to be near the door to be on hand if she is discovered.  I figure that he's the next best suited for this, being a ranger and having some skill at hiding.

konbiz

"MMMMM, something isn't quite right here me friends, I'm trying to summon my familiar but it jus' ain't working, but I can still hear it... he's distressed. I fear there be greater forces at work 'ere."

The stressed look on Shahzir's face loosens and he begins to smile.

[Cough] "Aye it seems most of us are free of those blasted manacles now, thanks te this fine warlock lass, although this air be thick and be a wee bit hard ta breathe. Though, I mus' say, this rag they dressed me up in really goes with me eyes." [Chuckles]

Shahzir looks at the lifeless guard lying on the floor... But it is something else that catches his eye. Shahzir first looks at Og struggling with the bars, then walks up to the bars and begins feeling them with his hands.

"Interesting... I wonder... these bars... iron... I wonder"

OOG: Gremlin would it be possible to get powdered iron from these bars or possibly from some of the destroyed chains and manacles. I  was thinking maybe an enlarge or reduce person spell might be useful in this situation... although it may be a little far fetched.

Lord Elcorion

Quote from: Reepicheep on February 23, 2007, 07:23:53 AM
Orloid can't help but feel a little forgotten in all the ruckus. The majority of his cellmates have found a way of getting themselves free from their chains, but he is still immobile.

OOG: sorry for delays, if you check my last post though, i made sure to blast the chains on both elves, so you're free now as well

Quotei fire an eldritch blast on both of the elves chains freeing everyone who was still stuck, before looking to the other human girl "my powers seem to be more than enough to handle plain steel.. shall i just blast the lock?"

|