• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

C6 Skins - On Safari!

Started by Courtnall6, February 12, 2007, 06:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Courtnall6

Just posting the earlier preview pics from my old thread...so you all can continue to curse me for not releasing these skins already :P

konbiz

*curses C6 for not releasing these skins already* Seriously i still love these skins my personal favourites are the Wildcat, Spawn and The Sentry.   :thumbup: :thumbup:

Alaric

I think my favorites are the "retro new X-Men", Nighthawk, Wildcat, and Quasar... I know I've seen most or all of these images previously (in the old thread), but I'd forgotten how great they looked. I want them all!

And I don't even play FF anymore...

The Pwime

...well, why not.  ^_^

"CURSE YOU FOR NOT RELEASING THESE AWESOME SKINS, C6!!!1!"

BentonGrey

You sir....can consider yourself cursed!  *CURSES!!!!*

I LOVE that Nighthawk, along with that Black Panther.

kssaints

Curses, C-6 you may have stopped me this time. But I shall return. Oh wait, maybe that was an episode of Super Friends. Anyway as I said before you are the man C-6.
Kssaints

Xenolith

I kinda like Stever Rogers, Agent of Hydra.

Lunarman

Wow, they are all amazing! I really like wildcat's expression.

Incredible work

Green Hornet

Fantastic skins you have great talent. 

Courtnall6

Quotebut the closeup of the hydra shield looks really bad. the edges are really frayed/pixelated. i am guessing you ripped it from an online gif?

Yup. It's just me being lazy at the time. It's an easy fix.

FLASH_22798

The last Captain America sheild I did came out pretty edgy, even more so than the Hydra shield.   How would you fix something like that?   Or would I have to redo the shield completely?

Courtnall6

Quote from: FLASH_22798 on February 13, 2007, 11:36:36 PM
The last Captain America sheild I did came out pretty edgy, even more so than the Hydra shield.   How would you fix something like that?   Or would I have to redo the shield completely?

Nah...just have to trace over the original layer with the lasso tool(or copy by eye), fill, add a few more touches (shading/highlights), and it's done. Cap's original shield is all circles so you just need use the elliptical marquee tool at different layers.

the_ultimate_evil

The last Captain America sheild I did came out pretty edgy, even more so than the Hydra shield.   How would you fix something like that?   Or would I have to redo the shield completely?

if a may, not to overstep my bounds, if you also use the pen tool and draw like a outline on your edges you can help get rid of jagged line and it appears a lot cleaner

Thunder

Which Nighthawk mesh in that?

Sledgehammer

Well, C6, your work has always been awesome. There's not much to say.

Wolverine's expression is very true to the character.

style

Thought you said something about transfering your Quasar skin to Syn's new mesh? :(

Revenant

Speaking of Quasar, i didn't notice it last time, but you did an awesome job making his hair look 3d with that shadow.  Nice bit of illusion there!!

Wolverine looks great, but one thing that bugs me on him is the stubble.  It looks a little too clean-cut around the edges for him.  I'd mess it up a little, unless you did it like that for the sake of in-game clarity.  Also, the top part of his mask looks amazingly real!

The Pwime

Quote from: the_ultimate_evil on February 14, 2007, 06:33:54 AM
The last Captain America sheild I did came out pretty edgy, even more so than the Hydra shield.   How would you fix something like that?   Or would I have to redo the shield completely?

if a may, not to overstep my bounds, if you also use the pen tool and draw like a outline on your edges you can help get rid of jagged line and it appears a lot cleaner

I've been using photoshop for a few years now, and I can't use the pen tool for @#$%.   :(

That's one of my biggest faults.  It would make parts of skins SO smooth.

konbiz

The Spawn movie was on television today... I thought of you C6 hehe... but I must say your skin probably looks more realistic than he did in the movie haha.

FLASH_22798

I'm using PSP 5, but I'm assuming they're pretty similar as far as tools.   Thanks t_u_e, I'll check that out and see if things improve any.

Now back to the regularly scheduled C6 worship.

I really dig the Nighthawk skin, defenitely my favorite.   The colors contrast very well and the yellow really stands out, drawing your attention.   Very nice.

herodad1

where do we go for these skins?

BentonGrey

The Pwime

Quote from: konbiz on February 14, 2007, 08:21:20 PM
The Spawn movie was on television today... I thought of you C6 hehe... but I must say your skin probably looks more realistic than he did in the movie haha.
if you're talking about the live action one...jeez, that was terrible.  :thumbdown:  The animated series was pretty nice, but that live action movie... I *just* watched that movie this summer, and boy, it nearly killed everything that is Spawn for me.

Nymph

i like those new ones C6....  :thumbup:

:P

yell0w_lantern

Courtnall6

Thanks for the curses and comments  :D

Quote from: Thunder on February 14, 2007, 08:33:24 AM
Which Nighthawk mesh in that?

Grenadiers. I think he released it in one of his Yahoo groups...I hope he did anyway :blink:

Quote from: style on February 14, 2007, 04:23:32 PM
Thought you said something about transfering your Quasar skin to Syn's new mesh? :(

In the process of doing so now.

QuoteWolverine looks great, but one thing that bugs me on him is the stubble.  It looks a little too clean-cut around the edges for him.  I'd mess it up a little, unless you did it like that for the sake of in-game clarity.

I'll play around with Wolverines stubble some more ( that didn't sound too good did it? ) :P

Burnout

i know this is somewhat off the topic but im glad you came back to skinning after u took a break.....anyways awesome skins

Courtnall6

Bit of a red, white, and blue motif going here....

Thanks to Marvel Ultimate Alliance I felt like updating my Cap ( best character to play with by the way  ;) ). I went back to a more classic version...no feather scalemail...no pouches...no pointless seams on the mask. Whenever I update Cap... I always have to update US Agent as well. Super Patriot is a skin I've wanted to do for a long time but just never got to him. Supernova was one of those "impulse skins". I'll probably be moving this one to a hex of UB's Quasar mesh ( for the cape ).

I'm thinking of doing a John Walker Captain America. The only difference will be the face...not sure if its worth it though. Updates to Super Patriots's buddies, Right Winger and Left Winger, are in the works.

BentonGrey

Wow, that Cap skin is just plain beautiful C6!  Ohh, and you're right, he is the best to play with in MUA :cool:

chuckles

Wow! That's a great set of skins C6, and Super Nova is my favorite.
Unfortuntly I'm about three years out of date with comics, so I'm not sure who he is. That won't stop me from enjoying your skins though.  :thumbup:

I love "WWII Cap" in MUA.

|