• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Started by udasu, February 15, 2007, 10:16:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

udasu

Either you love it or it's not your thing, am  I right? Personally, I love it. Super-Jack/Kieffer kick terrorist butt!

catwhowalksbyhimself

It sounds interesting, but I have one huge problem with watching it.  I sum it up in one word.

HEROES!

Sorry, but heroes automatically trumps anything else that might be on at that time slot.  And since the majority of people here watch heroes, I think that I'm not the only one.

Of course I could record one and watch it later, but I always seems to miss 24's season opening (I don't watch Fox at all so I don't know when it's coming on) so I never get into it.  I'll watch it on DVD one of these days.

the_ultimate_evil

JACK BAUER :thumbup:

udasu

I like what I've seen of heroes so far. I'll probably just wait until the first season is out in dvd, then I'll crack out.

catwhowalksbyhimself

You can watch it online you know.

But if you'd rather watch them all at once, that's not a bad idea.

detourne_me

i always said he's like batman meets the punisher, meets mcguyver.

i agree that you need to watch a whole season in a period of one-3 days to get the full effect though.

lugaru

I love Jack Bauer to death since he is so hardcore but honestly I have always enjoyed 24 more as a DVD than as a TV show. When I used to watch it on TV it would frustrate me to death but on DVD it's like watching extremely long and compelling movies. Any amputations, brocken necks or people shot 20 times this season?

Conduit

Quote from: lugaru on February 27, 2007, 04:48:00 PM
I love Jack Bauer to death since he is so hardcore but honestly I have always enjoyed 24 more as a DVD than as a TV show. When I used to watch it on TV it would frustrate me to death but on DVD it's like watching extremely long and compelling movies. Any amputations, brocken necks or people shot 20 times this season?

I think he bites a guy's throat in the first episode.  That close enough?

Shogunn2517

Quote from: detourne_me on February 27, 2007, 07:27:02 AM
i always said he's like batman meets the punisher, meets mcguyver.

i agree that you need to watch a whole season in a period of one-3 days to get the full effect though.

I see where you're coming from.  I think a lot of people do that as well.  Honestly, the show is that good that you'll get frustrated waiting until the next week's episode.  The good thing about 24 that seeminly every other show have is seasonal or weekly breaks.  As far as I know there hasn't been any breaks in the series.  Hell, they often double up the episodes and give you more bang for your week.  If it wasn't for night classes, I would have never missed an episode of this show, but hooray for DVDs.

Cat, it might be just my opinion, but you'd be really satisfied with getting the DVD, getting yourself one good plane or road trip and losing yourself.  It's about to the extent that once you start watching, it's hard to stop.

udasu

It's a rush, like watching the Shield. I've cracked out on older seasons when they do a marathon on A&E - They have a lot of replay-ability. Does anybody recognize Dennis Haysbert as Cerrano in the Major League movies?