• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

The Dark Knight

Started by Midnite, February 15, 2007, 08:45:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

thalaw2

I'm all for Depp as the Riddler.  I love the guys work.  I thought Jim Carey did a good Riddler, but I have no doubt Depp can top.  Too bad Tim Burton won't be the director.   

bredon7777

Aint it cool news ran quotes from Nolan saying "NOBODY has been cast yet, and <they> are just barely beginning to discuss what villians will appear in the third movie."  Not that I have any problems with the above mentioned casting, though being such a Dr. Who fanboy I was hoping for David Tennant as the Riddler.

On the issue of returning villians, Aaron Eckhart has already said that Heath was supposed to return, but obviously cannot; though I don't see how they get out of at least a Joker cameo, especially if they introduce Arkham Asylum in #3.  As Batman walks down the hall, just a lonely shot of a figure in the Joker makeup and outfit standing at the glass..then that laugh following Batman down the hall.

Ares_God_of_War

This isnt confirmation of anything but appearently both David Tennant and Brian Austin Green have expressed a desire to play the Riddler. Out of the two I would go with Tennant. Again this doesnt mean the villians are picted I just thought that was an interesting tidbit

Mr. Hamrick

Well, I think that its much too early to be casting villains for a script that have not even seen as much as a treatment.  Nolan has not confirmed he is on board for a third one (though I think its safe to say he will) and there is no indication from The Dark Knight what villains will be seen.

I believe we will see Arkham Asylum rebuilt.  There will be some sort of Joker cameo.  I would not be surprised, even though he is suppose to be dead, to see some sort of indication that while Harvey is dead that Two Face lives on. 

Wayne Manor will be rebuilt and those renovations to the south wing will be completed.  Furthermore, the "Bat Cave" will feature a computer much like the one we saw in the basement of Wayne Tech though maybe one less based on Sonar and capable of other functions. 

There will be more of a detective element.  I think that we will see more of a Batman working a crime scene "after Gordon's men" have had their fill of it.  Gordon knows the truth about Batman.  He will somehow bend the rules to allow Batman to operate under the radar. 

I think the fact that these names are coming up now for Riddler, Penguin, and Catwoman means that these are the people who Nolan will most likely NOT go with.  Remember, neither Ledger nor Eckhart were the front runners for their roles in The Dark Knight.  Ledger was a particular and pleasant surprise.  I look for Nolan to pull a similar swerve with the third movie.

If he does a third movie.

thalaw2

I remember years ago that there was a push towards "interactive movies" it seems it never really took off big time.  If there is any bit of interactiveness left in the movie industry then why not let the fans pick the actors?  Most of the press says fans want the Riddler and Depp as the Riddler.  What would Nolan or the casting committee have against that?  Give us what we want!

Ares_God_of_War

the only problem with that is it woud have to be multiple choice instead of fans choosing a name. If you give the fans a choice between 3 people then you can work out contracts etc. But if you let the fans completely choose then that actor would basically have the studio by the short hairs as far as money is conserned. Also what if its an actor who has no interest in the role whatsoever? Then the fans get dissapointed if he doesnt show up and might hurt profits

Ajax

And what about the unknowns out there who are trying to break into the industry? How do they get in if people are casting the movies when nobody knows who they are?

Mr. Hamrick

In addition, you will get actors getting jobs on popularity and not based on being right for the part happening even worse than it already does.

Podmark

Quote from: thalaw2 on September 12, 2008, 07:33:26 PM
I remember years ago that there was a push towards "interactive movies" it seems it never really took off big time.  If there is any bit of interactiveness left in the movie industry then why not let the fans pick the actors?  Most of the press says fans want the Riddler and Depp as the Riddler.  What would Nolan or the casting committee have against that?  Give us what we want!

I gotta say I think that's a terrible idea. In some cases it will work, in others it will be terrible. Not that studio's always pick the right people but with the Nolan Batman movies I don't think there's been any serious missteps (maybe Katie Holmes but I'd argue the character shouldn't have existed). In many cases we'd end up missing out on breakout performances like Ledger as Joker.

stumpy

I have to echo that sentiment against democratic casting. I hate to say it, but many of the people who would vote in that sort of poll are idiots - people who may be fans of one or another celebrity but have little feel for who can play a role or even know what the background (in comics or other sources) for a character is. Too much would be based simply on who is popular at the time (and who has the most obsessive fans). If they had done this a few years ago, we might have had Vin Diesel as Two-Face, Britney Spears as Catwoman, and Max Headroom as Alfred.  :blink:

Figure Fan

Max Headroom sounds like a smart man..

BatWing

Quote from: stumpy on September 13, 2008, 01:54:08 PM
I have to echo that sentiment against democratic casting. I hate to say it, but many of the people who would vote in that sort of poll are idiots - people who may be fans of one or another celebrity but have little feel for who can play a role or even know what the background (in comics or other sources) for a character is. Too much would be based simply on who is popular at the time (and who has the most obsessive fans). If they had done this a few years ago, we might have had Vin Diesel as Two-Face, Britney Spears as Catwoman, and Max Headroom as Alfred.  :blink:

Britney Spears as Catwoman? oh hale naw! :angry:

stumpy

Quote from: Figure Fan on September 13, 2008, 02:48:48 PMMax Headroom sounds like a smart man..

I actually forgot what his gig was. Was he an MTV VJ or some sort of comedian? Maybe he was the guy who came up with the idea of putting the seats further apart in airplanes...? Or was that Max Legroom?  :P

Quote from: Raijin on September 13, 2008, 07:37:05 PMBritney Spears as Catwoman? oh hale naw! :angry:

That's why the idea is so bad - a couple years ago, BS was popular enough to get some votes. And, remember that rumor about Cher being Catwoman? If this were the late eighties, she might have had a shot. If only she could turn back time...  :lol:

bredon7777

Quote from: stumpy on September 13, 2008, 01:54:08 PM
and Max Headroom as Alfred.  :blink:

Matt Frewer is a hell of an actor and would've done just fine as Alfred, thank you very much.

But don't take that to mean I'm in favor of democratic casting. I'm not.

What I'm in favor of is democratic plot - shooting new footage for a movie so the plot branches (on DVD)- Final Destination 3 and the Blue-Ray Return to the House on Haunted Hill do this to great effect.

BatWing

wait guys

remember when joker had that black dude, you know with a knife in his mouth.

did he cut his cheek?

cuz i dont think that can kill him

lgmss

I think Joker pulled the knife upwards going into the guys brain.

Figure Fan

Quote from: lgmss on September 22, 2008, 03:52:39 PM
I think Joker pulled the knife upwards going into the guys brain.

:blink:

Gremlin

I figured he slit his throat, actually.

docdelorean88

I just thought he went far enough to break the jaw, which could lead to the throat. I guess.

BWPS

I wasn't clear on that either, based on how he was saying it, I thought he was recreating the cheek cut, but then again, I'm pretty sure he did kill him fairly instantly, so it may have been the throat.

|