• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Rocky Balboa

Started by thalaw2, February 17, 2007, 06:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thalaw2

I just finished watching this movie and wow!   It was a great ending.  I think Rocky Balboa is a superhero.  He's not out on the streets fighting crime but he's a inspiration to millions...The script was good and the acting was more to palatable.

[spoiler]
He helps the new champion get the respect he deserves and shows that you really are only as old as you feel.
[/spoiler]

konbiz

I agree, myself a Rocky fan this is definately a good movie. Hopefully it will help people forget.... Rocky V *gasps*....

I'd say the ranking order of Rocky movies goes like this

1. Rocky I
2. Rocky II
3. Rocky IV
4. Rocky Balboa
5. Rocky III
6. Rocky V

Mr. Hamrick

I gotta disagree slightly.  I liked Rocky Balboa better than Rocky IV.

Quote from: konbiz on February 18, 2007, 11:45:26 AM
I agree, myself a Rocky fan this is definately a good movie. Hopefully it will help people forget.... Rocky V *gasps*....

I'd say the ranking order of Rocky movies goes like this

1. Rocky I
2. Rocky II
3. Rocky IV
4. Rocky Balboa
5. Rocky III
6. Rocky V

konbiz

Yeah it was basically a toss up between those two, but the childhood memories swung it for me hehe.

thalaw2

I'm a Mr. T fan and liked Rocky III more than IV...it made more sense to me.  In Rocky IV he gets revenge on his friend being killed by having a boxing match and winning...what kind of redemption is that...it's like a bad WWE story...which one had Hulk Kogan?

I also agree with Mr. H that Rocky Balboa was better than Rocky IV.  I add that I liked it more than Rocky III.

starlock

very good movie,excellent story but a little shoty on the fight,i liked the old movie fights over the realistic ESPN fight that they had,but all in all very good movie