• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

prev's fx 2.0: let's burn it up...

Started by Previsionary, February 18, 2007, 09:16:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Previsionary

K, I was bored and I suddenly felt like fxing *blames vertex and UE*, so I did a request i saw on FR before the boards went down...then I realized that i didnt like how most of the spidey related fx looked in ffvttr, so I did more...then i stopped when i couldn't do more of what i wanted. So, here's the fruits of my labor:

Web shield that's needs a little more work:

close-shot of the web cone:

web cone far shot:

my take on the request (this is the fantasy version...there's a regular, non particle version included in the zip): 

close shot of sticky web

chuckles

Yahoo!!!! Previsionary is FX'ing again, those are so cool.
I like that Web Cone, it looks like an energy pattern.
Well done. :thumbup:

Shazam

Carravaggio

yeah thats cool, spidey never got  alot of love FX wise for such a popular character, and FX have been generally neglected in FF2. love the webcone especially. Now we can texture up some unobtrusive nif to act as a standin for a webbed up crim.

detourne_me

Excellent Prem!
need more spidey goodness!

i tried to alpha The_Blob mesh to use a a crytallize swap,  but it didn't really like it,  or appear as i would have wanted...  maybe if there was a plain hollow cylinder nif,  that could be alpha'ed it would work great for a crystallize swap to go along with your fx pack.

quiet

who ever requested that spidey fx sure got lucky! :thumbup: those look great, thanks for your fx and mod work.

laughing paradox

Awesome work: that webcone is pure genius.

So where can we get our grubby mitts on them?

Previsionary

thanks for all the comments guys. It's nice to know that people still have a spot in their hearts for new fx, heh.

Quote from: laughing paradox on February 21, 2007, 10:56:00 PM
Awesome work: that webcone is pure genius.

So where can we get our grubby mitts on them?

I don't have them uploaded anywhere yet because I plan to update them a bit more and probably release it alongside the promy fx. I might send it to syn to host or just upload it to frp with my other stuff.

Previsionary

Well, I didn't get a chance to update the files anymore, but I'd rather release them as is than let them sit around. So if you want them, get it here

Note: Please don't mess with any other files uploaded to this space, ty. Click here for the reason why.

Previsionary

Ok, I recently made a blink herofile and once again, being me, I decided to update her fx a bit. I definetly believed that her javelin deserved to be better represented than it was (AKA: javelin on an alpha plane), so I did a quick mesh. Anyway, here it is.

And she can't be complete without an ffvttr updated teleport:

I'm not really feeling the text, but I think it adds character/uniqueness. Anyway, you guys tell me what you think and maybe suggest some fonts while you're at it?

Carravaggio

that teleport is beautiful, man. is the text based off her cover logo/title or something? i'd suggest any sort of futuristic font, like 'interplanetary crap' or 'too late'. something sleek and thin, not a heavy, bulky text.

i don't know if you realise it, but you are tapping into a hugely neglected part of FFVSTTR, the FX.

while there are a bunch on nice FX put together by some swell folks, and some of us can transfer FX from the first game to the second, there are a bunch of character powers that are unique, and as such require unique FX. a guy like you who can make even simple things (yes, like a 3d mesh for a javelin) can help alleviate this drought considerably.
i guess what i'm saying we love your FX, and look forward to any others you feel like making, cos they are sorely needed.

MikeB7

Yarr, way to keep FXing alive, Prev!  Really good lookin' stuff there. 

Alphanaut

Wow! That's some really nice looking FX there. As for a different font, why don't you try the "Badaboom" one over at Blambot?

AfghanAnt

Great work, I would use the text from the AOA comics.

BentonGrey

Previsionary

wow, quite a bit of replies. Those were some nice font suggestions and I did replace the fancy text with "Badaboom", but since IPS will allow me to use his tga, I may change it to his version (which i did use for inspiration to begin with. :P). Since someone asked in pm, the javelin fx is pretty much ff1 compatible, I believe, minus the end.nif and the teleport fx would have to be reworked to use the old nifs in FF1, but I'll do it sometime this week.

Anyway, new fx. Since i noticed that people were downloading the ultcap_shield and getting problems, I decided to slightly update it again and I mean slightly in the most literal sense:

Behold, cap's shield is now also 3d. Though, I believe Ren already did this and I couldn't find it...but 2 couldn't hurt, right? The rest of the fx is pretty much unchanged (shield_throw fx) and the shield skin, for now, is from a c6 skin.

I will probably try to update it more later, but let me know your thoughts. Also, if you have any possible fx suggestions let me know. I'm back in fx mode and having a list couldn't hurt. Just nothing too complex that might explode my brain. :P

Lunarman

electro

Blink powers look great - especially the teleport :blink:

Carravaggio

Quote from: Previsionary on March 20, 2007, 08:55:35 PM
I will probably try to update it more later, but let me know your thoughts. Also, if you have any possible fx suggestions let me know. I'm back in fx mode and having a list couldn't hurt. Just nothing too complex that might explode my brain. :P

what about a 'double' beam, like iron-man's twin repulsor blasts? there are a few nifty two handed ranged animations that it would suit nicely.

Previsionary

Nope, the current nif doesnt have a glow (even though i thought about adding it after rereading exiles 91 and exiles 92) because i don't really know how to go about adding it right now. I may add it later since i kept the max file in a folder somewhere.

Cara, i'll see if I can do an ironman fx (though he's one of my least favorite characters...since before CW) if i can find some good ref pics.

Carravaggio

hey cool, i look forward to whatever you can muster up,. but i just used iron man for reference, cos the FX that was similar used to e called 'repulsar rays' in FF1. its just two hand based blasts/beams spaced an appropriate distance apart to they look like they are shooting from one hand each. any sort of blast would do, its really just two normal beam attacks side by side to show that the character is shooting a beam from each hand at the same time.
truth is i don't like iron man much either, i'd be using it for custom characters.
im sure i'll think of others later which you can ignore at your leisure if you so choose ;)

quiet

If you are still looking for ideas how about some of the animal forms vixen takes on.  The idea Im talking about is from justice league unlimited, when she takes on the abilities of an animal you see the outline of the animal around her for a moment and then she takes on the properties of that animal.  I can't find any reference photos, and I don't know if this could be done but it would look cool.

yell0w_lantern

Xenolith

How about a blob of white paste for the Trapster/Paste Pot Pete?  Mabye there is one already?

Previsionary

Quote from: Xenolith on March 24, 2007, 08:47:36 PM
How about a blob of white paste for the Trapster/Paste Pot Pete?  Mabye there is one already?

I'll see if i can make anything. It mostly depends on reference pictures and how creative I can get with it.

Anyway, today i decided to attempt some new stuff in max today and ultimately failed at it, "I will figure out how to make a cone! Darn you IG and your somewhat confusing setup!", and decided to make a new captain America fx. You can pretty much thank MUA for this:

Click here

*TY to middy for the quick gif of the fx*

Lunarman

wow that si incredible. Awesome!

It's just like his uber attack from MUA.

Wonderful work Prev

Carravaggio

Thats the goods right there, i hope you stay bored enough to grace us with a few more FX, Prev :)

DEATH

Where do we go to download these awesome FX?

DEATH

Xenolith

Back in the early Silver Age, Cap's shield was controlled by magnets (or something like that) so it would bounce all over the place.  Later, he gained the ability to ricochet that shield all over the place.  So, to make a long post shorter, that fx is very appropriate. :thumbup:

Previsionary

I'm glad you guys are liking the fxes. Death, all of the fx should be available either from frp or F-A sometime this or next week. Cara, bad news, I couldnt get what I wanted to work in FFVTTR for the double beams, so i took a break from it. You see, I wanted to make a nif that allowed each individual beam to be customizable/reskinnable as well having the ability to be animated. I may just have to stick with the plane method the ff1 version used. :(

Quiet, i remember that being requested before. Did you request it last time as well? I'll see what I can do.

Anyway, here's the latest fx I made on a whim. I present you with, as Rick named it, the meteor fx:

Fun fact: the stream of fire behind the asteroid/meteor does have some basic animation going on.

Also, the end nif wont resemble that when it is released. I just don't like the way it came out, heh.

|