• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

evil's skins - TUE idol 23/11/08

Started by the_ultimate_evil, February 18, 2007, 04:29:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Alphanaut

Very good but, as mentioned before, the ears are too long. You could either try skoping on some from a golden age Batman mesh (Yellow Lantern's comes to mind) or go old school and hex the ears to a better size.

the_ultimate_evil

Quote from: Podmark on July 21, 2007, 07:24:08 PM
Very very nice. The one thing I'd probably add is actual pouches for the belt through nifskope.

its possible, but i'm trying to avoid nifskoping if its not totally necessary, though it may just give it that extra kick

Quote from: UnkoMan on July 22, 2007, 08:00:09 PM
I really like Catman's brow. I dunno what it is. Anyhow looks good, of course. I'd add some shadow where the straps hit, though.

the straps are meant to be skin tight to the chest, but i could add a shadow to maybe define them better

Quote from: XLR8er on July 22, 2007, 08:02:39 PM
whoa dude!
i didn't know ultimate evil can skin!? :o

oooooooook

Quote from: triviaman on July 23, 2007, 04:21:04 AM
Looks good, everybody looves Catman.
I agree on the pouches and shadows around the straps.
Knives/claws would be a huge +.
Don't know if it's just me or if anything can be done about it but the hears look a little long and pointy very batmanesque

well it is a batman mesh, so the ears i'm kinda stuck with

Quote from: Blkcasanova247 on July 23, 2007, 05:16:27 AM
Excellent skin Evil...great work.

thanks man

Quote from: Carravaggio on July 21, 2007, 07:33:57 PM
Cat-man-Awesome! i just read Villains united and secret six a friend loaned me recently, and i found Cat-man to be a great character. I agree with Podmark, some pouches (and even some knives and claws) could be added via Nifskope. which would reduce the Batman-ness of the mesh and make it a bit more unique.
Great work on the colours, they reflect his costume very well.

thanks man its a great selection of characters, maybe skin the rest of the group, but not any time soon

Quote from: Alphanaut on July 23, 2007, 01:08:58 PM
Very good but, as mentioned before, the ears are too long. You could either try skoping on some from a golden age Batman mesh (Yellow Lantern's comes to mind) or go old school and hex the ears to a better size.

sadly the ears arnt skopable as they are part of the man body. you cant alter them

AfghanAnt

I love that you did Catman. :) You could just skope another body onto the mesh and add the ears so you will have the same cape and keyframes.

UnkoMan

Yeah, it's actually super easy to do, I found out. But good luck finding the right ears. Personally I probably wouldn't bother.

As for the shadows... in my opinion anything that isn't a direct seam should have a shadow. If it is raised at all, in real life, it would give off a shadow. And actually, looking back I'd give his gloves and boots more shadow, too.

the_ultimate_evil

been working on this guy off and on over the past week or so, wanted to prove to myself i could do something without a base. who knew there would be so many bloody parts, and variations to this look :huh: i wasn't really going for any particular style or look of his,  just to take what i thought worked and mix and match the looks

anyway done with nothing but a wire frame, my wacom and a lot of pain :lol:

different angles for detailing

i'm really happy with the way this bot came out.

as always feedback of all kinds is welcome

Previsionary

UE, I'm sorry, but I hate it.

On the real, I already told you my thoughts, but that skin is awesome. I'm loving all the detail especially on the gun. So...*kidnaps skin*

style

This is real good!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Reminds me of a another certain skinners skins that were never released!  :(

Revenant

murs47

The Pwime

oooh, the jealousy...
i hate you, i hate you, i hate you...   :banghead:

but in all seriousness, that's an awesome skin...  :o  tons of detail-y goodness.  very, very good job, UE.

Blkcasanova247

Does your "Evil" know no bounds?  :lol: Optimus Prime is just outta sight man. :cool: Now stop "clowning" about and get back to work (cracks whip) I see that you probably have about 6 more meshes to skin.  :rolleyes:  :lol:

Carravaggio

Looks phenomenal, as mentioned above, a big leap forward for you, UE, bu one critique or thought:
i've noticed on skins that when using dark lines and light lines to show detail/seams and edges, the light lines can o0ften look overbearing due to the high contrast (using the lightest light right next to the darkest dark). Others might disagree with me but the light red/pink lines look too pronounced. Would you consider reducing their opacity just to see if the slightly muted look makes for a  skin that looks more like the 'real' Optimus and less like a toy of Optimus?
Of course thsi depends on what you use the skin for, if its to play with then the extreme contrast will serve you well when viewing the skin from a distance in teh  rumble room. If this is more about making a well detailed skin for viewing, maybe try reducing the vividness of the lighter lines and see how that goes.
This opinion comes from my own experience, I have found that the contrast can look too sharp and is off putting. I am finding that a little bit with this skin, its got so much contrast its detail is drowned out.

Courtnall6

Fantastic work UE!  :cool:

Quote from: style on August 27, 2007, 02:49:30 PM
This is real good!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Reminds me of a another certain skinners skins that were never released!  :(

:P

BentonGrey

Ahh, I've been waiting for this ever since you previewed it that night on the chat shack.  Fantastic skin TUE, as usual.  Really nice work with the textures.

Peerless1

Quote from: Revenant on August 27, 2007, 03:24:13 PM
Good God!

*falls over.  Dies.*

*rises mysteriously from the dead* I do however agree with Carravaggio on the contrast (and I always use high contrast on my monitor).  Still, that won't stop me from stealing it from it's original kidnapper.  ...  dizzy...head hurts :hcboot  *falls over.  Dies. again.
(And the FR community begins investigating whodunnit...?)
Thanks for all the skins.

detourne_me

Wow!  that's quite impressive!  and all without a base skin too!

N-Lightner

Detourne Me, your avi really hilarious. I caught the story behind it on the John Byrne Forum.

N

Manfred

UE, that gun was an incredible looking teaser, but it in no way prepared me for how unbelievably cool Prime looks.  That is really breathtaking work!

AfghanAnt

TUE, you know what I thought previously and after the adjustment you really have hit this one out of the park.

Question though, is the texture on the basic or the refl tga?

The Enigma

I don't normally comment on skins, but this really is superb, the colours are extremely vibrant and you've outdone yourself.

the_ultimate_evil

Quote from: Previsionary on August 27, 2007, 02:37:47 PM
UE, I'm sorry, but I hate it.

On the real, I already told you my thoughts, but that skin is awesome. I'm loving all the detail especially on the gun. So...*kidnaps skin*

thanks man, i know you've seen the stages, i'm just glad its finsihed

Quote from: style on August 27, 2007, 02:49:30 PM

i take that as a complement, but have to make sure that doesn't happen to often

Quote from: Revenant on August 27, 2007, 03:24:13 PM
Good God!

*falls over.  Dies.*

thanks man *pokes with stick*

Quote from: ips on August 27, 2007, 04:05:35 PM
hehe i knew it from the gun preview! nice work ue

thanks man, yeah maybe should have made that teaser not so easy

Quote from: murs47 on August 27, 2007, 04:57:14 PM
incredible edible! :thumbup: :lol:

ooooooooooook thanks man :huh:

Quote from: The Pwime on August 27, 2007, 05:40:25 PM
oooh, the jealousy...
i hate you, i hate you, i hate you...   :banghead:

but in all seriousness, that's an awesome skin...  :o  tons of detail-y goodness.  very, very good job, UE.

thanks, must have done something right

Quote from: Courtnall6 on August 27, 2007, 06:59:52 PM
Fantastic work UE!  :cool:

thanks, your kinda to blame for the time, got some inspiration   :P

Quote from: BentonGrey on August 27, 2007, 07:17:46 PM
Ahh, I've been waiting for this ever since you previewed it that night on the chat shack.  Fantastic skin TUE, as usual.  Really nice work with the textures.

cheers mate, the metal textures took ages to get right

Quote from: Peerless1 on August 27, 2007, 08:28:45 PM

*rises mysteriously from the dead* I do however agree with Carravaggio on the contrast (and I always use high contrast on my monitor).  Still, that won't stop me from stealing it from it's original kidnapper.  ...  dizzy...head hurts :hcboot  *falls over.  Dies. again.
(And the FR community begins investigating whodunnit...?)
Thanks for all the skins.

prof plum, in the studio, with the anal probe

Quote from: detourne_me on August 27, 2007, 09:03:36 PM
Wow!  that's quite impressive!  and all without a base skin too!

thanks

Quote from: Manfred on August 28, 2007, 10:31:57 AM

UE, that gun was an incredible looking teaser, but it in no way prepared me for how unbelievably cool Prime looks.  That is really breathtaking work!

thanks

Quote from: BigD on August 28, 2007, 02:22:39 PM
AWESOME!

BigD

thanks

Quote from: AfghanAnt on August 28, 2007, 02:34:34 PM
TUE, you know what I thought previously and after the adjustment you really have hit this one out of the park.

Question though, is the texture on the basic or the refl tga?

thanks man, your original feedback really helped. do you mean the texture as in the skin or the texture as in the metal texture over it. either way both are on the standard tga's and then each part separate added to the refl tga and to get the right shine

Quote from: R.O.M on August 29, 2007, 12:20:06 AM
nice prime :thumbup:

cheers

Quote from: The Enigma on August 29, 2007, 12:56:33 AM
I don't normally comment on skins, but this really is superb, the colours are extremely vibrant and you've outdone yourself.

thanks man for taking the time to comment

Quote from: Carravaggio on August 27, 2007, 06:16:11 PM
Looks phenomenal, as mentioned above, a big leap forward for you, UE, bu one critique or thought:
i've noticed on skins that when using dark lines and light lines to show detail/seams and edges, the light lines can o0ften look overbearing due to the high contrast (using the lightest light right next to the darkest dark). Others might disagree with me but the light red/pink lines look too pronounced. Would you consider reducing their opacity just to see if the slightly muted look makes for a  skin that looks more like the 'real' Optimus and less like a toy of Optimus?
Of course thsi depends on what you use the skin for, if its to play with then the extreme contrast will serve you well when viewing the skin from a distance in teh  rumble room. If this is more about making a well detailed skin for viewing, maybe try reducing the vividness of the lighter lines and see how that goes.
This opinion comes from my own experience, I have found that the contrast can look too sharp and is off putting. I am finding that a little bit with this skin, its got so much contrast its detail is drowned out.

I've give it a try, i don't play the game any more and only use my skins to show what skills i have in PS, and as an art form, the skins were not as pronounced but i felt that the blended to deeply and you lost them while viewing the skin, but i'll see if i can find a blance

thanks for the feedback guys.

Night Dragon

Good Goddess that is an awesome skin of Optimus!

Your skinning talents have grown astronomically (sp?)! I'd love to see you do some more TF skins, but I can't wait to see what your next skin looks like. Keep it up UE!  :thumbup:

the_ultimate_evil

Quote from: Night Dragon on August 31, 2007, 12:24:02 AM
Good Goddess that is an awesome skin of Optimus!

Your skinning talents have grown astronomically (sp?)! I'd love to see you do some more TF skins, but I can't wait to see what your next skin looks like. Keep it up UE!  :thumbup:

lol its scary how long ago that first hordak i sent you was

Podmark

Cybertronian

Perhaps I should ask you to do an upgrade of my alter-ego, Saturn. ( :ff: )
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/1/web/2101000-2101999/2101876_12_full.gif
What I have done is based on the male_belt_effects mesh, but recently I've been working on giving him one with a working energy ring.
     -- Cybertronian. :fflogo

Quote from: the_ultimate_evil on May 19, 2007, 04:51:54 PM
trying to get my skinning method back after a load of real life style i decided to have a go at doing some of the FR av's
first i chose these cause each gave me a type of character to work with ie mage, villain, tech etc. plus these people have helped me with my skin work, also before some follow the newest trend on fr of jumping in with requests i wont be taking any i have a few more avs in mind but i will pick them
sorry to start like that just something i've been thinking about
anyway

[spoiler]podmark, c6 and premonitioner[/spoiler]

[spoiler]AA, flesheater and jun[/spoiler]
thanks again the jkc and cybersavior for helping with flesheater's skoping. and AA for permission to use his face on his av
this was done for fun any older FR members will remember my av used to wear jeans over his boots

flesheater as been updated with new jeans, better textures and a new mask design
sad to say folk these are for  :ffvstr: as a say a good 90% of my work now will be.
as always feedback of any kind is most welcome

detourne_me

im thinking about doing a skope with an energy axe....   but i need to make suere itsa possible... otherwise.. i can't wai for the release

p.s cyber guy,  do you see a pattern with the av skins TUE has done?  AA, C6, Prev, Pod, Juancho,  IE. people that have heavily contributed to the community.....

the_ultimate_evil

just some updates of long over due stuff.

after re doing bats and supes might as well combine them. redid the skin and worked on the colours

total redo, new colours new texture, a skope to add to the character, i'm quite proud of the eyes(not sure if its visible) were done from scratch with my wacom

[spoiler]

just something i like doing if i've skinned a character multiple times[/spoiler]

and now for some out and out theft, i seen this in c6's thread and it got me thinking seeing as i cant decide what if any character to skin next so what of my skins badly needs an update.

juancho

Awsome Adora!! i looove it buddy, any plans on updateing the other skins you did for her, the hooded one and the Evil Adora????

and since now nifskopign has opened a new world of posibilities, what about the Princess of Power herself??? :D Pretty please????

|