• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

TAP43's skins_update-7/10/07

Started by TAP43, February 19, 2007, 08:39:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TAP43

Hello long time lurker and very few poster here,
Thought I would start a new thread to show my new skins and hex's that I've been working on. Since I finally had to install SP2 and re-install all my FF stuff and after a few problems got everything working, I still have to install a lot of the new FX that I had before and try out a few that I am trying to skin.

On a side note all of my hex's and skins are for  :ff: I'm one of the few that don't have both games or only play the new game, one of the main reasons is I'm undecided if it is worth it to spend all the time to convert everything. Due to work, family and pets, free time is a very limited commodity to play FF or to skin and hex. But it is still something that I enjoy very much and am willing to stay up late, write ideas down during break at work and so on. Because it's great to make thing you and enjoy and share it with people of the same likes and interest even if you don't have much time. Anyway here is what I have been working on so far and a preview of a WIP that came to me yesterday in a brainstorm as I was listing the meshes by INK since he gave permission to Nifscope his meshes.

Here is the mad hatter on a hex by detourne_me, part of a pack he released at his yahoo group here
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/detourne_me2/
I'm still not too happy with the way the face came out and may redo it before I release it, but I tried some new stuff out on doing the suit and like the way it came out. Next to it is the inspiration that I used for the skin, I may make the face more happy, crazy instead of the somber look he has now.

Second is the enchantress, June moon in her old costume, my favorite for her a mix of sexy and old fashion witch. I still have to add the scarf and elves shoes then start on the skin. As always all comments are welcome and apprieciated.

AfghanAnt

It is amazing how much life nifskoping brought back to this game. I love the work on the suit the only thing I will change would to be make the face less generic. The reference has an amazing face and it would be great to see that.

laughing paradox

Enchantress!!!!

That's great! I'm excited for that mesh release.

The Mad Hatter looks phenomenal.

BentonGrey

Hey man!  Ha, I've been dying to see that hex for the Mad Hatter skinned.  I agree with AA in part, I think that the suit and coat look amazing (especially that suit, really great work), but I think the face doesn't quite suit him.  I'd follow your gut, give him a more happy-go-lucky face.  This might help:

http://www.latourdesheros.com/Batman_TAS/Visages_personnages/Chapelier_Fou.jpg

UnkoMan

Gosh, I love the hat on that Enchantress hex. That's swell.

And I've got to agree with everybody else on the Mad Hatter. The suit is excellent, the face not so much. I would suggest a not happy-go-lucky, but happy insane face. Say something like this:
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/hopeforthefuture/ivycolweb.gif

There, now that you have three conflicting ideas on how to go with the face, it should be super easy...

BentonGrey

Haha.....ughhh....creepy....I think it would work just as well :D

Haljack

Wow, it's truely stunning. Going with the crowd the face is very standard, you obviously have the talent improve it. Looking forward to whats next.

triviaman

I must agree with the crowd and say that is truly stunning.
aside from the face tere isn't really much needed improvement cept maby if the hat could be slimmed of a little near the head and let it go out to full size on top like the model. Otherwise great!! Love the bowtie :)
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/22/GothamCentralCVR20.PNG

BentonGrey

Now THAT, is the right face.

Jakew

Stunning skin ... I really dig the way you've coloured/shaded his checked clothes.

Hey TAP43, are you also working on skins for the other Villains United meshes that were released not too long ago (RagDoll, Cheshire, Scandal)? Your take on Ragdoll, especially, would be something to look forward too.

As a long-time Suicide Squad and short time Shadowpact fan, also looking forward to Enchantress.

JKCarrier

Yay, Enchantress! Can't wait to see the skin for that one.  :thumbup:

FLASH_22798

I've always been a fan of your DC skins Tap, nice to see more coming.

And I agree with you, I'm still playing/skinning for the first game too, just don't have the time to spend converting things over.

jeremy355

Great to see you doing skins again Tap.

Sledgehammer

Fantastic Mad Hatter! The clothes and the hat are truly awesome. And regarding the face, I don't consider it too generic. The thing is, I don't think it suits the character. Granted, my DC knowledge is quite limited, but if I'm not mistaken, Mad Hatter is one of those Batman Villains that has been darkened in recent years. As such, probably an insane face (a la Joker, but not so over the top), may be the best option here.

It's great to see some many people skinning again

TAP43

Thank you all for the nice comments,
I tried using the distort filter on the suit to give it more dimension and it worked pretty good . I think this face works better but I would like to hear what you think, I'm still not completely sure about it. And as for doing the other secret six, I plan on it. I have some time off later this week and may have some time to work on them I will post previews as I get something done.

AfghanAnt

Are you kidding, that is some great facial skinning. I'm absolutely in love with it. One thing though, have you consider skinning the hat at a higher rez so you can get rid of that blurriness?

jeremy355

Terrific stuff as always Tap.

BentonGrey

A great improvement on that face, Tap.  I can't wait for the release!

Xenolith

This is an amazing skin.  Great job!

triviaman

Now that is top of the line work.
Can't wait for it's relese and can't wait even more for the rest of the Six :)

UnfluffyBunny

there's alot of people stepping up their game I see, especially in the face department, very nice.

UnkoMan

You just kicked it up, a million times.

detourne_me

the new face is incredible!  does it remind anybody else of Jack Nicholson?

i really love the hex you did for enchantress!  guess im gonna have to start picking up shadowpact!

the_ultimate_evil

wow, why is suddenly everyone getting leaps and bounds better, whats in the water

Haljack

Massive improvement
Quote from: AfghanAnt on February 25, 2007, 12:10:28 PM
Are you kidding, that is some great facial skinning. I'm absolutely in love with it. One thing though, have you consider skinning the hat at a higher rez so you can get rid of that blurriness?
Gotta agree with AA here about the hat

BitBiteOuch

Wow, I CANNOT wait for this release. Really looking forward to on the other members of the Secret Six as well, I've been waiting a long time to see them get done, and if they look anywhere near as good as this guy, it'll be worth the wait.

ink

heh cool looks like an ink mesh ^_^" it's like i'm meshing but not really

Revenant

Nice Mad Hatter!  It looks very professionally done!

TAP43

Well I finally had some time off and managed to fix a skin I had made a few months ago. It was cool I got to use the export wire map feature on nifscope to find out were the over lay was. Anyway the skin is of the Ray II the son of the original Ray, go figure. Anyway it's for Renegades ray_GA mesh and as you can see it has 2 skin for the different animations the mesh has. It's neat to see it in game as it switches back and forth between skins, hope you enjoy it too. It's at my yahoo group

TAP43

I finally made the face like the idea I had in mind for him, I think it gives that crazy look but not so pycho look. I'm going to play with the hat some more before I release it to see if I can get it a little clearer or if you think it does'nt need the 1/10 card I could do one without. Well here is the face, let me know witch you like better or if I should do both as a 2 pack.

Thanks