• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Afghan Ant Artistic Advances: 12-07-2008 Atomik Backwards

Started by AfghanAnt, February 19, 2007, 09:04:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

AfghanAnt

Well it seems a lot of older skinners are back and posting again and the moment I saw JKC's Nextwave I was bitten with the skinning bug despite it being Carnivale and I should be out in the streets.

Well here they are, the greatest superhero team known to man: NEXTWAVE, Agents of H.A.T.E.

Again I need to thank JKC for the meshes and making the addition changes I wanted for my version of the team. I'm still not sure for Monica's hair I may just release two version of her.

Oh yeah and I plan on posting all my back skins soon, I'm still in talks about a personal site where these and some other original work will be making it soon. I just need to find the time.

BentonGrey

Great work AA, I really love the expression on the fellow on the right.  Ohh, and the cheesy smile on Machine Man really fits him :D

UnkoMan

JKC's were some good skins but... Dude the Captain has big goofy monkey ears now. Awesome!

detourne_me

Very Nice!  it's good to see you back in action AA!

Podmark

Sweet even AA is back, it's like the good ol' days. Nice work on Nextwave!

Burnout

JKCarrier

Outstanding work! Glad I could be of assistance.  ^_^

lugaru

This is why I feel lucky to be part of this community... not only do I get some really specific things I wouldent have expected (Nextwave skins) but I get options too. Great work on them! About Monica's hair I still kind of prefer JKC's first hex but your version of the captain really has a lot of personality. All in all great work... cant wait to see photos of the other stuff you have been up to.

Sledgehammer

Quote from: lugaru on February 19, 2007, 06:58:18 PM
This is why I feel lucky to be part of this community... not only do I get some really specific things I wouldent have expected (Nextwave skins) but I get options too.

Indeed. And not only you got options... you got EXCELLENT options. Because I think both AA and JKC have done a marvelous job here.

Great to see you're skinning again, AA. That Captain's face (and head shape) is so unique, you just gotta love it. And fantastic work with the rest of the gang.

herodad1

JKCarrier

Quote from: herodad1 on February 20, 2007, 05:29:10 AM
who is the captain?

"The Captain, also known as The Captain, is really strong and can fly. He's a bit sucky."  :D
More specifically:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_%28comics%29

Urthman

Very awesome, AA!

I'd vote for giving the dreadlock-Monica hair a shot. 

Haljack

Pretty cool, I always like the way you do faces.

AfghanAnt

Well I updated her hair and actually I do like it better. Anyway, here are the skins I've completed and are ready for releasing which means I need to zip them up and place them somewhere soon for you guys. My personal website still needs to be design and created but once it is you can get these and maybe the old ones too there.

Carravaggio

Damn, they all look impressive lined up like that. Im curious as to how you got that hair on monica, was it a tommyboy extra or did you painstakingly construct it one dred at a time via nifskope?

JKCarrier

Quote from: Carravaggio on February 23, 2007, 07:28:53 AM
Im curious as to how you got that hair on monica, was it a tommyboy extra or did you painstakingly construct it one dred at a time via nifskope?

It's the hairdo from Tommy's Static Shock mesh.

the_ultimate_evil

superb work as always my friend, your work on faces never ceases to amaze me.

i absolutly love the design of your av and its villain

UnkoMan

I am having to ask... Will you have the non-dreaded Monica available for download (or would you mind sending it to me)?
Monica looks great with dreads, and I wouldn't have her any other way, but I sort of wanted to get my hands on the other mesh.

PS: I almost forgot about your crazy little ball guy. I can't wait to scoop that fella up.

AfghanAnt

Quote from: Carravaggio on February 23, 2007, 07:28:53 AM
Damn, they all look impressive lined up like that. Im curious as to how you got that hair on monica, was it a tommyboy extra or did you painstakingly construct it one dred at a time via nifskope?

What JKC said, it was all him.

Quote from: the_ultimate_evil on February 23, 2007, 07:51:27 AM

Thanks, I still want take a crack at your design but I really want to finish up some originals first. In fact I need to get on them soon before I start working again.

Quote from: UnkoMan on February 23, 2007, 07:59:28 AM
I am having to ask... Will you have the non-dreaded Monica available for download (or would you mind sending it to me)?
Monica looks great with dreads, and I wouldn't have her any other way, but I sort of wanted to get my hands on the other mesh.

PS: I almost forgot about your crazy little ball guy. I can't wait to scoop that fella up.

Of course I will be including the first monica in the pak. I think he is my favorite too. I finally decided to call him "Big In Japan".

the_ultimate_evil

Quote from: AfghanAnt on February 23, 2007, 08:08:36 AM

Quote from: the_ultimate_evil on February 23, 2007, 07:51:27 AM

Thanks, I still want take a crack at your design but I really want to finish up some originals first. In fact I need to get on them soon before I start working again.

i know the feeling i've got around 20 designs and names for orginals in one of my sketch pads, just never find the time. i also need to do some more avs again.

look forward to see what you do with flesheater

Courtnall6

Awesome work AA! You've still got the coolest avatar around! :thumbup:

Burnout

hey afgan one question who is the dude in the brown and black next to ur avatar

the_ultimate_evil

if i'm right its a villain AA made to go with his av

AfghanAnt

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/AASkins/

All my latest skins are available along with updated Asgardian and Superboy Prime skins.

Carravaggio

awesome! i'm away to get them now!
great pic on your Yahoo group, BTW :)

AfghanAnt

Thanks, Carravaggio.

Hey guys, I goofed with the Captain and forgot the character nif, just reuploaded it. Sorry.... :(

And thanks again to JKC for all his hard work on the nifs.

juancho

what can i say that have not been said already?
just awsome job my friend, just awsome

Blkcasanova247

Absolutely wonderful skins AA! Well done!  :thumbup: I feel a little silly asking this; I'm thinking that I must have missed something, but are the meshes available for the NextWave characters?

AfghanAnt

The Captain and Aaron Stack come with the character nifs but the girls need JKCarrier's character nifs which can be found at his yahoo group.

Actually I'll go ahead and include them for my update for the site I'm creating.

Blkcasanova247

I just got 'em from you website. Again excellent work!  :thumbup: Are you also gonna release Monica with that other hair style (the non dreads version)?  :D

|