• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Afghan Ant Artistic Advances: 12-07-2008 Atomik Backwards

Started by AfghanAnt, February 19, 2007, 09:04:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

AfghanAnt

Quote from: Blkcasanova247 on March 14, 2007, 07:57:19 AM
I just got 'em from you website. Again excellent work!  :thumbup: Are you also gonna release Monica with that other hair style (the non dreads version)?  :D

Totally forgot about that one, I'll try to get that up soon.

Anyway, I am determined to finish off some original characters I designed before I have to go back to work.

Anyway, here is Pupae and Two-Bit Turk. Pupae is from the same world as Afghan and Nox. She generates electrical fields that polarize her wings and allow her to fly. Two-Bit Turk is an essentially a gun-mage detective (I still need to design his gun) with a demonic entity known as Red Duke inside of him (think Ghost Rider meets the Question). I still want to add some bells and whistles on him, like a tarot card in his hat and some other things (like shoes) and he'll be done.  Pupae needs me to actually paint some detail on her clothes and she is ready to ship. I've still got my Grasshopper character, Cricket character, Bumble Bee character, my Spider, Termite and Ant soldiers and Ultrahellesant to complete before I pretty much have to start refocusing on my life. Hopefully I will complete them all.

Edit: Pupae Update!

Just completed her. I'm going to try to complete two more original skins tomorrow. I hope I can do it.

Blkcasanova247

Podmark

I really like the Pupae skin, very nice looking, reminds me alot of Pixie from New X-Men who is ridiculously cute. The work on her clothing is simply excellent and you did work on the hair, I always find that hair hard to work with. Two-Bit is looking good too.

UnkoMan

I've got to say these crazy bug world characters are pretty interesting. I was recently fooling around with Nox and Afghan, and they are pretty darn fun... although I got trounced because Nox had his shield up non-stop.

It's neat to see that skin go from colours to done in (to me) no time. And she's adorable. I can't wait to see the rest.

Tomato

Once again you astound me with not only skin quality, but the lushness of design on your originals. Pupae is just plain awesome

Dr.Volt

Afghan Ant,  Dude!  Pupae is fantastic!  Soooooo...when and where will she be available for download???

AfghanAnt

Quote from: Podmark on March 14, 2007, 07:50:43 PM
I really like the Pupae skin, very nice looking, reminds me alot of Pixie from New X-Men who is ridiculously cute. The work on her clothing is simply excellent and you did work on the hair, I always find that hair hard to work with. Two-Bit is looking good too.

That's because I used that mesh you hexed but I think I'm going to change the hair.

Thanks everyone, she's not 100%. I really don't like this hair and since Nifskoping is an option these days I guess that is the answer.

AfghanAnt

Well here is one of my favorite character as he will appear in JMS and Oliver Coipel's new Thor title coming this fall. I wanted to skin it before the comic came out because I love the new look, I love the character and to be honest I wanted to be the first to skin this version of him. I think it came out great and I would like to give a big thanks to Thor Reborn as he is the one who helped me with the nifskoping of this mesh. It is partly Ren's Sentry and Shining Knight with Beyonder's Thor's keyframes, helmet and hammer. The next skin I am working on is Ares and another myth related character. After that I'll be heading back to my own universe to finish up several new characters and get back to working on this script so the mini-mod will start production.

Blkcasanova247

HOLY CRAP! :shock2: Thats so cool! Great job!

Podmark

Looking good AA. I always love seeing the latest designs getting skinned. Makes me wish I had the time to get back to my skinning, but that will have to wait for a bit.

I totally get that feeling that you want to skin the character first, I get that all the time.

the_ultimate_evil

that is simply stunning, the detailing is superb

BentonGrey

Wow, beautiful skin there, AA, really awesome!

Xenolith

Thats the first I've seen of the new Thor.  I'll have to check out some websites.  Nice skin.

Courtnall6

Great skin! :thumbup:

Horrible costume! :thumbdown:

Podmark

Yeah I can't say I'm huge on the new costume, I'm more meh though. I don't actually think Thor's classic look is especially great but something about the character I've always loved.

Personally the Lord of Asgard Thor is my favorite.

lugaru

Quote from: Podmark on April 02, 2007, 07:10:22 PM
Yeah I can't say I'm huge on the new costume, I'm more meh though. I don't actually think Thor's classic look is especially great but something about the character I've always loved.

I had a soft spot for Thunderstrike, it was a kind of cool thor look. Your great skin is my first impression of the outfit and honestly I dont mind it at all, but then again your skin might be doing marvel some favors.

Podmark

Quote from: lugaru on April 02, 2007, 07:17:21 PM
Quote from: Podmark on April 02, 2007, 07:10:22 PM

I had a soft spot for Thunderstrike, it was a kind of cool thor look. Your great skin is my first impression of the outfit and honestly I dont mind it at all, but then again your skin might be doing marvel some favors.

Just so we're clear about something, I did the MC2 Thunderstrike, Courtnall is the only person I can think of who's done the vest wearing regular Thunderstrike.

kssaints

A great skin as always AA. It really has me looking forward to Ares as well.

Courtnall6

Thunderstrike = the urbanized Thor! :D

Classic Thor will always be his best look...followed by his battle armour designed by Walt Simonson and later by Ron Frenz.

Sorry for the thread drift AA.

AfghanAnt

Thanks and I don't mind the drift at all. I personally love Coipel's design but I also love his Hawkeye, Wasp, Scarlet Witch and Ant-man redesigns as well. His design speaks to me I always thought Thor looked a little ridiculous in those primary colors especially because he was an ancient Asgardian god, this design has a more warrior feel then the classic and pull as lot from Walt Simonson's armor design (which was cool but it was a little more King Arthur if you ask me) and the classic costume though from the preview pix Coipel's classic Thor is awesome as well.

UnkoMan

Well I actually am really fond of this new Thor too... And your skin AND hex are both flippin' sweet.
The helmet sits a little high, but it's a minor point. I'm sure you tried getting it down lower.

Shazam

Thats a really nice skin AA and as usual of a very high standard. I will echo C6's thoughts on the new look however.

Who was it that didn't like Thor's classic design? May Mjolnir strike thee down varlet!  :lol:

Blkcasanova247

Quote from: AfghanAnt on April 02, 2007, 10:39:03 PM
Thanks and I don't mind the drift at all. I personally love Coipel's design but I also love his Hawkeye, Wasp, Scarlet Witch and Ant-man redesigns as well. His design speaks to me I always thought Thor looked a little ridiculous in those primary colors especially because he was an ancient Asgardian god, this design has a more warrior feel then the classic and pull as lot from Walt Simonson's armor design (which was cool but it was a little more King Arthur if you ask me) and the classic costume though from the preview pix Coipel's classic Thor is awesome as well.
My thoughts exactly! :thumbup:
Quote from: Shazam on April 03, 2007, 12:01:20 AMMay Mjolnir strike thee down varlet!  :lol:
Hey according to JMS no more "Thee's" and "Thou's".  :lol:

Courtnall6

QuoteHey according to JMS no more "Thee's" and "Thou's".

Oh Marvel....look how far you've fallen. So very sad.

Shazam

Quote from: Courtnall6 on April 03, 2007, 07:52:45 AM
QuoteHey according to JMS no more "Thee's" and "Thou's".

Oh Marvel....look how far you've fallen. So very sad.

Marvel is so low it could walk under a snakes belly wearing a top hat.
Sorry for the threadjack AA, thou has done a most wonderous job of thine skin.  :thumbup:

Deaths Jester

Quote from: Courtnall6 on April 02, 2007, 06:16:54 PM

At least it's a better costume than when he was a frog...that was a horrific look.  But a good looking skin there AA though, personally I'd add a bit of shadow effect to the bottom of his "tunic" so it didn't look so flat...but taht's just me.  Either way it looks good!

AfghanAnt

Quote from: Deaths Jester on April 03, 2007, 12:54:19 PM
Quote from: Courtnall6 on April 02, 2007, 06:16:54 PM

At least it's a better costume than when he was a frog...that was a horrific look.  But a good looking skin there AA though, personally I'd add a bit of shadow effect to the bottom of his "tunic" so it didn't look so flat...but taht's just me.  Either way it looks good!

It actually isn't 100% yet. I still need to add some shadows and refl to his chainmail but thanks.

AfghanAnt

Here is Ares, God of War as he appears in Bendis' Mighty Avengers. So far I'm iffy about the title (Ultron Iron Woman is just silly) but I do like Ares especially since he's a Thor and a Wolverine, that and his dedication to his mortal child is actually refreshing in comics (he worked construction to provide for his kid). If you haven't checked out Mighty Avengers or the Ares mini series I highly recommend it. Big thanks to Zivon for nifskoping the mesh for me.

kssaints

AA thanks so much. That Ares is amazing. Can hardly wait to pick him up.

Podmark

Wow great work AA. Nicely crip and clean. I really like it. Havent gained any attachment to the character as yet, but we'll see.

|