• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Afghan Ant Artistic Advances: 12-07-2008 Atomik Backwards

Started by AfghanAnt, February 19, 2007, 09:04:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

AfghanAnt

Thanks guys. I don't know why but I really went out of my way to make these skins as accurate as I could (especially Ares). Here are some close up of Ares and Thor. Ares' helmet has the ears actually skinned on them because it wasn't alpha friendly and Thor's hair is a mix of skin on the male_basic body and alphaing out Sentry's hairs to capture just the right haircut.

I've got a skin update and a new copywritten character coming probably tomorrow and an avatar I need to design and skin (which should be fun) then hopefully I can get to work on the beautiful hexes/nifskoped meshes for my original characters. I want to have these two skins, Flex Mentallo (with herofile and fx) and the other two skins up soon on my site. I've decided from now on when I do comic characters I'm going to include herofiles and fxs (if such is needed) for them. I figured if I'm going to take the time to skin something else's work why not go all out to make someone's experience with the character just as amazing as their creators hope the comics has.

Oh and here are their portraits. I always like adding a little something to the character's portrait because it fun to see them in-game reflecting the character's personality.

the_ultimate_evil

the skin is superb, great detailing and fantastic tonal work

konbiz

wow, AA your attention to detail really shows, and these truly are magnificent skins. I do like Thor's new costume. Just wondering, will Ares' helmet be hexable on and off? If not its no problem and its great that you've got back into skinning again. I've missed you  :thumbup:

Tomato

Outstanding AA, and for the record I agree about the thor design, though I do think he needs longer hair... But, to each his own.

Podmark

Ant you're protraits have inspired me, I will endeavor to do the same when possible. Also I love the idea of including hero files and effects. I used to always include HFs until my computer troubles flared up.

As a skinner who always tries to get details correct I really appreciate to attempts at accuracy. Excellent work my friend.

Mystik

oooh where have i been those are beautiful :thumbup:

NomadX

Your Ares skin looks so awesome, I'm almost tempted to go out and buy FFvTTR -_-

Shazam

Skins and hero files from AA. Great, I always liked the way you set up your files  :thumbup:

ink

yeah loved yoru portrait designs...so much flair. Ares is becomeing one my favorite new characters. I loved the mini and i never really liked hercules that much.

AfghanAnt

Here's Thor Reborn's avatar since he was so nice to to help me with Thor I had to help him with his lack of an avatar. I actually thought Thunder God plus Bob Marley would be a challenge but after some nifskoping I think I fused the ideas together. I wanted his thunderbolt on his belt to be glowing but this mesh's gloss and glow weren't available. This skin plus Ares, Thor and another myth related character should be available tomorrow if I can finish packing everything up and finishing off this last skin.

Oh here's the portrait for Thor Reborn. I nicknamed his avatar Jamaican Thunder.

Edit: I just noticed some of his hair from his torso is on the belt that has been correct in the actual skin. Ignore the preview's error.

Also this is my very nifskoping attempt and it was very successful.

Mystik

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

you nailed it, thats pretty much what i had in mind
thank you so much

UnkoMan

Holy moley... That is awesome. No, really, I... I cannot express the amount of awesome. Let me assure you, it is a lot.

A shame about gloss and glow though, since this skin could use both effectively. But it still looks sweet, and who even pays attention to that ingame? Also... does the nose need quite so much highlight, or am I just seeing things? It's late...

Yeah, that is very dang cool.

BatWing

with that ares helm or mesh could make the perfect leonidas!!!(300)

Alphanaut

Wow, Thor Reborn looks great! You do know, however, that you can enable the gloss and glow with nifskope, eh?

the_ultimate_evil

doooooood, thee be jammin

sorry that was bad

AA that is fantastic a great design, and excellent use of colours, it could use a few highlights on the hair, though it may just be the preview angle

i have to learn to nifskope

Xenolith

The Hitman

AA, these skins are amazing. Truely amazing!

I know how to nifskope glow and refl layers. When you release the mesh, I'll tack them on for you.

Toxic_J

Great skin AA and a very nice original idea there. Jamaican Thunder hehe, cool.

BatWing

AfghanAnt

I've fixed the highlight on the nose and made some changes for thor reborn. I'm still working on my other skin plus i'm skinning a mesh for zivon. so it should be done soon.

juancho

i think i just cropped eyes and mouth all at once
u know u are one of my fav skinerz over here AA, i just love to stare at those protraits, so well done, just awsome

Mystik

if you need anything else hexxed, let me kno

The Pwime

man, that is some beautiful beautiful work on Scion there, AA.   :)

phantsamfan

AfghanAnt

Quote from: phantsamfan on April 11, 2007, 07:57:42 PM
Have Thor and Ares been released yet?

Not yet, I'm trying to finish up another skin before I release them.

Renegade

That Jamaican skin is pretty durned hot AA.  :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Night Dragon

Quote from: the_ultimate_evil on April 08, 2007, 07:42:41 AM
doooooood, thee be jammin

sorry that was bad

You coulda said, Jamaican me crazy mahn!  :doh:

I likey the look and it makes me want to hear the backstory for the character.  (Plus Green is my favorite color.)

AfghanAnt

Thanks!  :D

Ok so these are going out later today once I go to sleep and wake up because I got the updated nif for Thor. I just wanted everyone to know.

AfghanAnt

They are release go get them while their hot!

Mystik

|