• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

NifSkope Permission List

Started by FLASH_22798, February 22, 2007, 02:25:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FLASH_22798

I don't know if this has been covered, but is there a list from meshers giving permission for their meshes to be 'Skoped?   I thought that I had read that Ink had given permission, Tommy had said to go for it, but does anyone know about Grenadier, Beyonder, Vertex, Valandar, or others?

Revenant

There was a list before the boards went down.  I know Vertex was on it, and Valandar was, but he asked no one to hex his Voltron mesh in particular, maybe other meshes as well.  I seem to think Grenadier and the Beyonder were on it as well but I can't remember. 

I don't want to speak for anyone, of course, so I think it would be best to PM the meshers in particular, or politely ask the mods to retrieve the info if nobody has it saved somewhere  :P

FLASH_22798

I had thought about sending pm's, but then I thought that a public list may help other 'Skopers as well.   But if a mod could retrieve the list, if possible, that would be awesome.

UnfluffyBunny

I'm on a direct pm me first.
I've been pm'd a few times so far and havent said no yet, but if I think something's going over a certain border then i'd like the ability to refuse, take that as you will but that's my stance.
(tho it's also me wanting to see what people are doing with the stuff I put out :P)

Podmark

Ink and Tommy have both publicly said yes.

I've talked to Beyonder, Renegade, and Vertex who all gave me permission to release things.

Vertex gave a complete go for it.
Renegade seemed less enthusiastic about.
Beyonder said yes with the exceptions of Doc Oct, and his winged meshes because he had done alot of work on them.

Keep in mind those were all in pms, not open declarations, though the way vertex replied you can add him to the list for sure, so I don't really want to talk for them.

Dartman X

Quote from: Podmark on February 22, 2007, 04:14:36 PM

Vertex gave a complete go for it.

Sweet!  I've been waiting for that to release my 'Alice' from Resident Evil (it uses the hair from one of the female VX meshes, on tommy's fem versatile.)

Great news!

UnkoMan

Does anybody know of a way to contact Texas Jack about this?

UnfluffyBunny

I would say PM but I tried contacting him a little while ago via pm and had no reply

Tomato

Not that it really matters (since I prefer hexing if I can get away with it) but If anyone wants to bother with any pieces from my meshes, I really don't care. I don't really put enough effort in anyway >P

The Hitman

What about meshes done by people who have left the community years ago? Should ther be any "Public Domain"- type meshes?

For example, I have an Awesome Android mesh that I'd like to 'Skope a little, but the mesher hasn't been around since (from what I gather) 2004. I haven't gotten a reply from him on the matter. Is this, and any other meshes like this, just in hexing limbo?

Revenant

Those meshes are drifting through the universe, in a glass diamond shape with General Zod and Ursa, struggling to break out.  :banghead:

PsiBlaze

This is so touchy as far as topics go. I've tried PMing TJ and a few others, but no response :( I wouldn't go so far as to say they become public domain if they're not around anymore. Its still their art work. But it is a little sucky. I've not released anything lately, because I'm having too much fun with nifskoping  :P but didn't want to piss off anyone. Any word if Interceptor was on that list?

FLASH_22798

My general rule on the subject is: "If the mesher is no longer an active member of the community, then I won't 'skope their meshes for anyone other than myself."   And I try to avoid that whenever possible.

joemama

Don't know if this the right thread to address this but has anyone asked current meshers to include their 'skoping policy in the readme?

I think Tommyboy is the only one who does it now (due to the tv style, no doubt).

It doesn't help for the older stuff but might make it easier moving forward.

JM

Zivon23

Quote from: UnkoMan on March 03, 2007, 08:52:13 AM
Does anybody know of a way to contact Texas Jack about this?

Long time ago I asked TJ about hexing his meshes......

Quote from: Texas Jack on May 09, 2005, 09:57:35 AM
QuoteHello Texas,

I was wondering,  since you have released alot of your MAX files, does that mean you have given meshers permission to use them(without having to ask for permission)?  The reason I am asking this is I am planning on getting ahold of Shevek to see if he is willing to add your Warblade ponytail to his Deadpool mesh.  I am sending this pm out first to get permission to use your hairstyle.

Thanks in advanced

Zivon23

Awesome meshes by the way. keep up the great work.  I have in the past tried to mesh.....so I know how frustrating it gets.

Howdy :D

Yeah, you dont need any permission from me, although it would be nice if the mesher just kinda mentions where the mesh came from in the read me, other than that, you've got free reign, good luck with it :D

-TJ

Quote from: Shevek on March 17, 2004, 09:48:00 PM
If you wanna hex the mesh, I would have no problem with that at all so long as it is stated your readme file where its hexed from and, ideally, my readme is included as well. Also, you may wish to ask the good folks at NPI as well. They were nice to host my mesh and may like the model and its hexes to be exclusive to them (i am not sure as I am new to this community).                   

I believe he would say the same for skoping...IMHO.  I know this is not Direct permission and I do not speak for TJ or Shevek, but I leave inturpretation to the inturpreteurs.........

Zivon23

Alphanaut

I was wondering if anybody knew about the status of permission to skope Lord Ehmsidy's meshes, because one, I'd like to skope the Necron solider mesh onto male_basic_rifle and two I'd like to use the rifle for one of my originals.

UnfluffyBunny

i'm giving a full go on skoping my meshes now, no need to PM

the_ultimate_evil

anyone know whats gren's stance cause i have an idea on something long overdue

HA

HA

HA

HA

HA

HA

HA

HA

HA

Podmark

I seem to remember someone had talked to him about it, but I don't remember who.

Xenolith

I'm 99% sure he said it was okay to "hex away," but don't screw with his max files (i.e., slapping a blob on it and calling it your own).  He brought this up when he released the flurry of awesome meshes around December of 2005.  Something may have changed since then, but I didn't see anything.  Is it possible to PM Gren?  Still waiting for the new Warzone.   :mellow:

Tomato

Somebody needs to sticky this or create a new version with an actual list and sticky that.

Podmark

To simplify that process, Meshers who have given permission to skope away:

Tommyboy
Ink
Renegade
Vertex/Bobby 69
Beyonder (except Doc Ock and winged meshes)
UnfluffyBunny/Syn

If anyone is missing let me know.
If anyone has heard from any other meshers please let us know.

Tomato

I/Tomato/Antmananext am/is missing, actually, though I'm more of a "skoper with benefits". I agree with Joemama, and I'm going to add an additional bit on skoping to both my future readmes and to my website.

Podmark

ok adding Tomato:

Tommyboy
Ink
Renegade
Vertex/Bobby 69
UnfluffyBunny/Syn
Tomato/Antmananext

The Hitman

OK, here's one for youalls to mull over:

I have this mesh (male_basic_skullhead) that doesn't have a readme, and there's no place giving any indication of who made it. Am I good to go?

bearded

i made a male basic skullhead, may have been me.  and i stopped doing release notes several years ago.  cause i'm strange.
can i see it?  i'll remember if i see it.
you can add me to the list.
i'd say, in general if there is no release notes or readme's, it's open domain, which is sort of what i was trying to say, by not including any.

Podmark

ok adding bearded:

Tommyboy
Ink
Renegade
Vertex/Bobby 69
UnfluffyBunny/Syn
Tomato/Antmananext
Bearded

The Hitman

Beard, turns out there is a little thing on the Yahoo Group saying it was done by a guy named Gyruss. Which means, as previously stated, I can't release it.

It's here:

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/Freedomforcemesh6/files/

Tomato

I want ahead and took the liberty of moving the Permission List to the Wiki, so we don't have to keep looking here for every single addition, and so we can update the list fairly eaisily.

http://frworld.wikispaces.com/Nifskope+Permission+List

Podmark