• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

NOV 09 "War never changes."

Started by Carravaggio, February 22, 2007, 07:50:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Podmark

Homelander looks great as well. You have an excellent eye for design!

MACH 3

Yeah Carravaggio, just like the artist, you works are AWE-Inspiring.....

Helix

Outstanding!! Both of those look incredible. I am truly in awe.

AfghanAnt

Tomato

It always amazes me how much talent you have in dangling your in-progress awesomeness in front of us and then putting another one out there just as the other one is winding down.

Carravaggio

thanks for the comments guys, i like to hear people enjoy what i do here at FR.

WIP of The Believer, a character who was supposed to be in the Church but i kicked him at the last minute for fear of making them too powerful. Look at the JLA in Morrison's day: they regularly had to fight gods and white Martians because they were so powerful.
But while waiting for GW to load i sketched a quick costume, which i liked, so before i had to retire to bed last night i decided to skin it.
Needs hair/face work etc. but the costume basics are done.
Why is this guy any different to the other spandexed pretty boys that make up The Church? well, because this guy's faith manifests as blue energy armour, so in game he can shift into a blue robotic energy form, which looks neat. What i am hoping to do is transport both this mesh and the robot form mesh onto one set of keys, enlarge the robot so the man fits inside it. Then alpha back the robot until it is partially transparent. Hopefully the effect will be the man and robot acting as one, so when he fights you can see the believer inside his armour, kind of like when a GL creates energy armour for him or herself they can be seen inside it.

BatWing

that sounds pretty neat carravagio :)

blue energy armor sounds awsome :thumbup:

UnkoMan

That is going to friggin' rock if you can do that. And I've got to say, I think I like this fella's logo the best of all your Church guys. There's something about it that really pops to me.

Man, you work on so many guys at once.

Tomato

Lunarman

like Lunarman, but powered by religion!
I like it ;)

I never like saying this, and I know it's WIP. But something about this guy just doesn't stand out to me. Maybe it's that white and light blue don't contrast as much as say, white and dark blue/black. But he feels a little weak, colour wise. Also, on his right hand (left from this direction) there seems to be a little jagged bit. His neckline also fades into skin :)

All in all, a good idea!

Nice work

Carravaggio

Yeah Lunarman, you're not wrong, i'll address all that stuff before the next WIP update.

Man this next thing took me an hour to put together, but it was worth it...

ok its kind of anticlimatic, true, but in motion it looks sweet. My Avatar twinkles and sparkles like nuclear winter does when he's in giant form. you can see the sparkles on his legs there, and they wink all over the mesh.

Alphanaut

That sounds pretty nice. Any chance you could get us a little animation of it in progress?

Revenant

Hey Carravagio, I've been trying to hex those same sparks over from the Frozen Giant mesh and I can't seem to get them to work.   :banghead:

Is that what you did?  And if so how did you get it to work?

AfghanAnt

I can't wait to get him in game, please can you include a hero file. I love your avatar's design and with this new addition to the design all the better.

Dr.Volt

Quote from: Carravaggio on May 20, 2007, 05:47:31 PM
thanks for the comments guys, i like to hear people enjoy what i do here at FR.

WIP of The Believer, a character who was supposed to be in the Church but i kicked him at the last minute for fear of making them too powerful. Look at the JLA in Morrison's day: they regularly had to fight gods and white Martians because they were so powerful.
But while waiting for GW to load i sketched a quick costume, which i liked, so before i had to retire to bed last night i decided to skin it.
Needs hair/face work etc. but the costume basics are done.
Why is this guy any different to the other spandexed pretty boys that make up The Church? well, because this guy's faith manifests as blue energy armour, so in game he can shift into a blue robotic energy form, which looks neat. What i am hoping to do is transport both this mesh and the robot form mesh onto one set of keys, enlarge the robot so the man fits inside it. Then alpha back the robot until it is partially transparent. Hopefully the effect will be the man and robot acting as one, so when he fights you can see the believer inside his armour, kind of like when a GL creates energy armour for him or herself they can be seen inside it.

Hey Carr, DUDE!  I LOVE the idea behind Believer!  What a very original idea to have his faith manifest as armor.  I really hope that you can get that effect of the armoring being partially transparent.  That would ROCK!!  And hey, I like the idea of him NOT being a part of the Church.  Oh...and fantastic skin of course.  Like the colors.  I dig the costume/uniform...the gold cross standing out in the midst of the blue field works well.  Great face work as usual.  Fantastic stuff, man!

And hey great work on your Avatar as well.  Nice work.

Carravaggio

Quote from: Revenant on May 21, 2007, 08:06:38 AM
Hey Carravagio, I've been trying to hex those same sparks over from the Frozen Giant mesh and I can't seem to get them to work.   :banghead:

Is that what you did?  And if so how did you get it to work?

nah, sorry to disappoint but all i did was use the billboard nif and substitute frozen_giant twinkle texture into the tga cycle. i couldn't get the original twinkle to work either, its like its locked into the mesh.

The Pwime

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEAAAASSEEE release this version of your avatar!  :lol:

Revenant

Quote from: Carravaggio on May 22, 2007, 03:12:40 AM
nah, sorry to disappoint but all i did was use the billboard nif and substitute frozen_giant twinkle texture into the tga cycle. i couldn't get the original twinkle to work either, its like its locked into the mesh.

I was afraid of that!  Ah well, it will probably look better to place them as billboards, that way you have more control over the placement and overall "look".  Your av looks awesome though..  could you  post an animated gif?

Carravaggio

yeah its a bit clumsy but i have to be in class in 20 mins so it was a bit of a rush,

hope its not TOO big.

The Pwime

Lunarman

Nymph

Car......I reccomend you leave the new church guy bald......it would dull down the pretty boys a little plus he already looks good like that......is there a woman member of the church.....like a Nun?

also where can i find the whole set of them again?

Carravaggio

There are two female characters for the Church, they are on the extensive 'to-do' list.
And all my recent skins can be found at my yahoo group

http://au.groups.yahoo.com/group/carravaggio_original

Thanks for the comments i'll take them into consideration  ^_^

Dr.Volt

Female characters for the Church?  Awesome!!  Which makes total sense.  I found the following article quoting a US poll that says that 44% of church attendees are women as opposed to 32% being men.  Yeah, I know that doesn't add up to 100%...but polls rarely do for some reason (factoring in "other" categories I guess).  Then again, the article also says that the women were likely over 65 (and from the Southern US).  Which I'm guessing these women will not be over 65 years old.  Oh, here's the source article here:  http://www.abcnews.go.com/sections/us/DailyNews/church_poll020301.html

Btw, my 2 cents worth is if you are going to leave "Believer" bald he DEFINITELY needs a goatee and an ear ring!

And, bring on the Av no matter how big.  Cooly hotness! 

AfghanAnt

Has your av been released? I love the design.

Carravaggio

nope i lost it along with everything else ever previewed in this thread and, well, i wont have time to make any of it again until the end of the year.

AfghanAnt

Podmark

Carravaggio

...cos he skinned this character:
http://freedomreborn.net/archive/index.php?topic=41284.30
A nazi shield slinger.
Now I hate Nazis, I really do, so I never touched on ww2 with any of my skins or characters, but I had a strong image of a character, a nazi superhuman, in my head, and since I had an iota of free time i decided to skin him.

Haven't decided on a name. I wanted to go with Iron Cross (but in German), but he doesn't actually have the iron cross on him. Der uberman sounds silly (to me) and every nazi team has one. And with good reason, if nazis ever did make a superhuman I'd bet good money thats what they would have called him.
So I'm still working on a name for him.
Its skinned on Tommyboy's new Captain Marvel mesh with his Black Adam keyframes and some huge bootcuffs skoped on. I love the modelling on the face of this mesh, it provides a really unique face/look beyond the old male_basic face.
Still some touch ups (rope, belt, briefs, hair) but its just about done.
C&C Welcome, as always.
For some good news, i have managed to recover or remake almost half of the skins and hexes from this thread. Most of the Circus was recovered and the JLA analogue team is almost fully rebuilt and reskinned.

yell0w_lantern

Wouldn't it be ubermensch with the little dots over the 'u'?

I think you should call him der Teufel in honor of the evil scientist from the old Superman radio serial who created the Atom Man. Of course, I have no idea why the Nazis would call their own man 'the devil'.

|