• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

EZ Voice Pak

Started by Dreaded Porcupine, February 24, 2007, 09:22:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreaded Porcupine

I just reinstalled FF1 and thought I still had EZ voice PK. With Gammapatrol gone is there another place to get it?

Panther_Gunn

Give me an email addy (PM, email link on my profile, or just list here if you're comfortable with that) and I'll send it to ya.

Dreaded Porcupine

Quote from: Panther_Gunn on February 24, 2007, 10:29:28 PM
Give me an email addy (PM, email link on my profile, or just list here if you're comfortable with that) and I'll send it to ya.

Thanks Panther.

gerard_rinaldi@sbcglobal.net

Dr.Volt

Out of curiosity, does this EZVoice Pack require the FF Editor??

Panther_Gunn

No, it doesn't.  It works best (and easiest) if you haven't made any changes at all.  I haven't done extensive testing, but it should be perfectly compatible with EZFX.  Since both the Voice Pack installer and FFX make exclusive changes to the characters.dat, installing one after the other would make changes unavailable from the first one.  Also, any hero files you've "sent to DAT" with Alex's EZ Hero prior to installing the Voice Packs would disappear, but can just be added back in again (as they only do a simple edit of the file, rather than a full replacement).

As I was still using an earlier version of FFX when I compiled everything, there's quite a few FFX entries missing (such as the tiggot).  If you have access to FFEdit, a simple merge of the previous .dat and the new one (before installing FFX and after) should fix the problem.  Without access to it, however, I don't see a quick way to fix it.  If there was a need for it, I *could* see about merging it with my dat, and then trimming out all of the things I've added that aren't a part of either installer.

Dr.Volt

I am very interested in the EZ voice pack then.  Could you send it to me as well? My e-mail is:  rburley707@yahoo.com

Oh, one question though, does there happen to be a voice pack there in for spider-man, Hawkgirl, Batman, and/or The Tick (the last one's a long shot I realize!  But I do enjoy the Big Blue Avenger!).

Well, THANKS!

catwhowalksbyhimself

Yes, the Tick is in there.

Anyway, if someone can get it to me, I'll make it easy for everyone and put it on the Mod Graveyard.

Dr.Volt

Cooly Hotness!   :thumbup:  Thanks!!

Panther_Gunn

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on February 26, 2007, 01:53:59 PMAnyway, if someone can get it to me, I'll make it easy for everyone and put it on the Mod Graveyard.

I had thought about mentioning it to you at some point, cat, or at the very least putting them up on a Yahoo group, but my only hesitation was that I hadn't heard about the final status for the Underground.  If it's definitely not coming back (not sure if Randy has made a decision or not......or if he's even thought about it), then your site would probably be best.  Although, I may want to delay that long enough to rework the characters.dat to blend better with the latest FFX for  :ff:, for better compatibility.  I'll think it over in the next couple days, and see if I can send it to Dr. Volt somewhere in there (I won't be back in my primary location until Wed. night).

Dr.Volt

Thanks, Panther Gunn.  I really want to thank you for your help.  I've actually wanted to thank all you guys that have been so helpful here.  You all rock!   :thumbup:

Dr.Volt

Hey Panther, any luck with the EZ Voice Pak work?  Just wondering....THANKS!

*cue the sounds of crickets*

Oooooooook, does anyone else have a copy of EZ Voice Pak that they wouldn't mind sharing?

Dr.Volt

Doctor TOC

I'm going add my voice to the chorus requesting the EZVoice Pack. I archived my copy to DVD while moving, and now it seems my file got corrupted during the burn.:doh:  If anyone has a copy, I'd sure be grateful! 

Panther_Gunn

Sorry about the delay, Dr. Volt.  I sent a message to the email you had provided a couple days ago, but I guess you either didn't see it, it didn't get to you somehow, or it wasn't exactly the correct email address (I cut & pasted from your post, to avoid any typo problems on my end).

My concern was whether you had access to FFEdit or not (due to your question about it earlier in the thread).  If you can't merge DAT's, then you're going to experience problems getting it to work well with FFX.  I *can* make a solution to that, but it will take longer (obviously).  However, if you can merge with no problems, then I'll see about putting up a Yahoo Group with them, and also try to send them to catwho so there's more than just one place to get them, just in case.

Dr.Volt

Hi Panther,

Gosh, I thought it all figured out.  But I want back in this thread and re read some things.  And just a few questions for clarification:

1.  So, FFEdit is not required to merge EZFX with EZ Voice Pak?  And yet, some files might be lost by doing so?  Is that only hero files?  Or may other things be lost as well? 

2.  Soooooooooooo, what part does FFEdit play?  I'm wanting to avoid those problems with merger. 

3.  You mentioned a way around it, what is involved with that?

Thanks for your patience in my questions!

Panther_Gunn

Dr. Volt:  check your email.  You've got a rather detailed reply.  ^_^

Dr.Volt

Thanks, Panther Gunn.  You rock! 

Doctor TOC

I'm still looking (and hoping) for a pointer to the EZVoicepack, so *bump*!

Panther_Gunn

My apologies over this, gents.  I was hoping that I could load them all up to a Yahoo Group, but YG won't take any files over 1/2 the size of these things!  :o  And since I really don't feel like spliting them all up *yet again*, I'll be coordinating with Catwho to get the files to him for hosting.  If you really can't wait, let me know, and I can see if I've got the hour or so it takes some day to email them all (seriously, even with a fast cable modem, it takes quite a while for each one to upload ot Hotmail).

bearded

support for this idea, i'd like to get a copy again also.
how hard would it be to convert to  :ffvstr:?

Panther_Gunn

Quote from: bearded on March 31, 2007, 11:22:44 PMhow hard would it be to convert to  :ffvstr:?

If all you want voice packs for is  :ffvstr:, then I would recommend using Crimson Quill's VPMAX collection as a base.  A good portion of Zetor's packs have been covered in both, and CQ's work was purposely made to be compatible with  :ffvstr:.  If, once you've gotten the hang of installing seperate voice packs in that one, feel free to d/l the EZ Voice Pack for any sets that you might feel you're missing.  If you d/l just one of them, there's a text file in each zip that lists what *all* of the voices are, and which pack they're in (in case you only want specific ones, not all of them).  If asked nicely, I could post that list in this (or some other) thread.  ;)

Doctor TOC

Rock. I've been waiting a while, so a little longer while you and Catwho coordinate won't kill me (much). Thanks for this; it's very much appreciated.

Intensity

I was wondering if anyone could send me the ez voice pak for freedom force?

masterkev@comcast.net

It won't mess up any of my ezfx, will it?

Panther_Gunn

Minor update:  I've sent the files towards Catwho, so if all goes well, they'll finally be hosted again within the week.  If you don't see an announcement from either of us by the end of the month (wow, is it that late, already?), something must have gone wrong.  ;)

Quote from: Intensity on April 20, 2007, 05:53:54 PMIt won't mess up any of my ezfx, will it?

As I may or may not have mentioned in this thread already (can't be bothered enough to completely check), it's perfectly compatible with EZFX, as they only change files that the other one doesn't.  However, it's *not* compatible with the last versions of FFX for  :ff:.  But, with a simple merging of .dat's, it's all good.  ^_^

Intensity

sweetness!!!  that makes everything a lot easier on me!

BatWing

can u send me the ezvoice pak too?

bearded

i think reinstalling this might fix the voices in my mod.  could someone send me?
beardlair@aol.com

Jedi

Send it to me too! jaymeshoopman@hotmail.com

Megatallica

anyone mind sending it to me?
meganubis@live.com.au