• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Obscure Heroes

Started by Green Hornet, March 13, 2007, 07:12:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

daglob

I'm not sure that's Mysta on the cover of Planet Comics, since that's not the outfit she wears inside, but I know full well that that makes no difference whatsover. I think that may be the 1940s-50s version of Conan's Miraj cover girl from the 1970s. She gets in a lot of troube on those covers. However, I have a Superwoman skin for a vxfemale mesh that won't take more than a few minutes to turn into that outfit (need to see if they have hexable collars...).

Might be Jack Kirby art on The Black Owl... he did some work on the strip. The backgrounds don't look like it though, an the knees aren't knobby enough. Hmm.

Green Hornet

Daglob
I think Major Victory looks great love that collar and cape  :rickbm

Green Hornet

The Green Lama and Electrawoman and Dynagirl Here is some facts on the Green Lama  College student Jethro Dumont spends 10 years in Tibet studying the secrets of meditation and returns with mystical powers. He now returns to Park Avenue and New York City to combat crime, evil doers and international enemies and with a magical Tibetan chant, he is transformed into the Green Lama. :rickbm

Panther_Gunn

I'm positive that Electrawoman & Dynagirl have been skinned, but I can't recall where I saw them.  I checked Vigilante's site (the most likely), but he doesn't have them.

GhostMachine

Panther, I think someone at GPL did them.

kssaints

Actually I did Green Lama. I believe he is in my first Yahoo group. He was one of my first skins.

JKCarrier

Quote from: Panther_Gunn on July 27, 2007, 07:58:51 PM
I'm positive that Electrawoman & Dynagirl have been skinned

I was the culprit on that one. They're here:

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/jkcfreedomforcestuff

(Note that these are really old, and kind of crappy.  :unsure: )

Green Hornet

Thanks for the links for the Green Lama Electrawoman and Dynagirl :rickbm

Green Hornet

Here are some new old ones Skyman, Rocketman, Blue Bolt  :rickbm 

kssaints

Hey there All,
I have a quick question. I have my Avenger skin and hex ready I think. But I have looked at many picks and never seen him with a holster ot sheath. Should I add them or leave them off of the Taskmaster hex I have done of Avenger.

UnkoMan

I know I've seen Skyman somewhere...

And who is that guy in the yellow? Is that Rocketman? I could skin that in a minute, considering I've been saving the bases I colour now, so I've already got a yellow and a red. I have no idea what his rockets look like though, but whatever. Hmm, guess I'd need to do the girl, too, but that wouldn't take too long. Man, those are simple costumes.

The Pwime

okay, so we've got a Green Lama skin...I can check that off my list.

Did anyone ever skin a Green Llama, though?

doctorchallenger

Quote from: UnkoMan on August 01, 2007, 05:33:40 PM
I know I've seen Skyman somewhere...

And who is that guy in the yellow? Is that Rocketman? I could skin that in a minute, considering I've been saving the bases I colour now, so I've already got a yellow and a red. I have no idea what his rockets look like though, but whatever. Hmm, guess I'd need to do the girl, too, but that wouldn't take too long. Man, those are simple costumes.

Vigilante's site: http://members.tripod.com/originalvigilante2/skins5.htm

http://members.tripod.com/originalvigilante2/skyman1.jpg

GhostMachine

Quote from: kssaints on August 01, 2007, 01:57:32 PM
Hey there All,
I have a quick question. I have my Avenger skin and hex ready I think. But I have looked at many picks and never seen him with a holster ot sheath. Should I add them or leave them off of the Taskmaster hex I have done of Avenger.

None of the pictures I've ever seen show a holster or sheath either. I'd say leave them off, but if you do leave them on, I'd suggest you color them either a very dark brown or black, so they look like leather.

daglob

Quote from: kssaints on August 01, 2007, 01:57:32 PM
Hey there All,

That's because they were strapped to his legs under his pants. They were named Mike and Ike, and i can't remember which is which. The knife was something like a Magnum throwing knife I once saw (no crosspiece-hollow handle), and the gun was curved to fit his calf. There was no trigger-guard, and the cylinder was probably no bigger than the gun itself (held four .22 rounds). Since these things don't really exist, I'd go with making the sheath/holster show. However, if you can play with the animations and have him reach down to his ankle to draw his weapons...

If you do give him a holster and sheath, I have to dissagree with Ghostmachine's perfectly logical suggestion as to color. The Avenger was all about gray, like Doc savage was all about bronze, and The Shadow was all about sneaking around in black. Ike and Mike were blued and stainless steel, however, since they were artifacts from Benson's life before he became The Avenger.

Let me retract part of that-black would probably do fine.

kssaints

Hey there folks. The Avenger will be uploaded to one of my groups this weekend. I am also almost done with a Yank and Doodle skin. Just need to do a hex for them. Hey guys and girls. Just a quick update to let you all knbow I missed getting them uploaded this weekend. But will try and get it done in the next few days.

Green Hornet

new additions to the obscure here is the Golden age version and an updated version Airman  :rickbm

daglob

If I can figure out how to get the cock-comb thing off one of the bad guys in the new Pulp Fiction mod and on a Taskmaster mesh, I may be able to do Blue Bolt. We have male alpha and male alpha collar, it's too bad we don't have male alpha fin or a version of male alpha with a fin that can be changed. I have wanted to do Blue Bolt, but haven't because of the fin issue.

Also: there is a Fu Manchu look-alike (and a LOT of monions) in the new Pulp Fiction mod.

kssaints

Hey folks,
The Avenger and Yank & Doodle are now uploaded in my 10th Yahoo group. I am also working on Arrow and the Inferior 5. I also think I'll tackle Airman. Any how Here's alook at Yank & Doodle. I hope they are OK.

daglob

Hey! I just found Airman and The Arrow at http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/Copper_Wire/files/Centaur/. Haven't looked at them yet, but the other Copper Age skins I have are quite nice.

Green Hornet

Kssaints yank and Doodle are excellent you do fantastic work. Daglob I checked out the site you mentioned and downloaded everything there Thanks haven't checked out what they look like yet.  I also downloaded the nifscope haven't had the time to use it yet thought.  I have been experimenting with trying to make a Green Hornet skin for the Grenadier Beetleman Mesh.  Here are a few more obscure Heroes Mango, Twister, Ultra the multi alien. 

daglob

Ultra, the Multi-Alien.

I am working on a mesh for him on Male Alpha. I have been for some time. I'm trying to get the electric leg to look right, but haven't yet. I don't know enough Niftscoping yet to add half a head of hair and an ankle wing.

I wish Texas Jack had done this one before he quit.

I have seen reference to a Male Twirling mesh or somesuch. Anyone know if itreally exists, or will th Human Top attribute stand in for that. Neet to try that out.

BatWing

whoa that dude  reminds me of darn it 4got his name

Kaede

Quote from: kssaints on August 11, 2007, 09:31:12 PM
Hey folks,
The Avenger and Yank & Doodle are now uploaded in my 10th Yahoo group. I am also working on Arrow and the Inferior 5. I also think I'll tackle Airman. Any how Here's alook at Yank & Doodle. I hope they are OK.

what mesh did you use for this one?

kssaints

I used tommyboy's speedboy_ttvlite.

JKCarrier

Quote from: daglob on August 12, 2007, 09:05:52 PM
I have seen reference to a Male Twirling mesh or somesuch. Anyone know if itreally exists, or will th Human Top attribute stand in for that.

IIRC, the keyframes from the Whirlwind69 mesh will work with most Male Basic meshes:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bobby69meshes4

BatWing

this guy should be ez to make for a hexer/skinner
use red tornade mesh and add those under wings

kssaints

this guy should be ez to make for a hexer/skinner
use red tornade mesh and add those under wings

well actually I started one and am almost done.

BatWing

sweet kssaints
now how many obscure heroes are left?

kssaints

Many are left. Check out Copper Age's site and see just how many http://www.geocities.com/copperagecomics/index.html I personally want to do the Owl.

|