• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Tommyboys meshes, new releases.

Started by tommyboy, March 19, 2007, 09:25:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

laughing paradox

Really nice job with this Antman. It's a great mesh.

Did you skin the ant itself?

tommyboy

Quote from: laughing paradox on December 12, 2008, 10:05:05 AM
Really nice job with this Antman. It's a great mesh.

Did you skin the ant itself?

Nah, quick copy/paste of some picture found googling 'flying ant'

Podmark

looks good Tommy. Hows it compare to TJ's flying ant. Can't check until I get home.

tommyboy

Quote from: Podmark on December 12, 2008, 10:27:29 AM
looks good Tommy. Hows it compare to TJ's flying ant. Can't check until I get home.

Heres TJ's, with the flying version at the same 'magnification' in ctool as the normal sized idle.

And heres mine with the same sized comparison (assume that both full sized figures are the same height);

So you can see his is much larger than mine.
I also included Irrational's Worker ant (top left) since that is what TJ's appears to be based on, to my eyes.
So mine has a much smaller ant/rider his ant is about 1/3 the length of the full size man, mine is approx 1/8, my ant is dissimilar to the in-game ones made by Irrational, TJ's ant looks very similar or may actually be one of them.
His mesh has slightly more animations than mine, and they are probably better executed than the animation bits I did (most of my kfs here are vanilla male_basic Irrational kfs with some shrinking added).
Other than that, I cannot say how they compare, his was a trail-blazing never before seen effort, mine is a sloppily executed bodge of someone else's ideas.
Mine has bigger wings...

Xenolith

Really cool, Tommyboy.  Your skins are looking very good. 

detourne_me

GogglesPizanno

Podmark

Was just asking about the size, I like the smaller ant. I wonder if I can hex down TJ's...

Very happy to have this mesh. Always wanted one.

doctorchallenger

Nice work Tommy. I like the mesh, but I think you really should be proud of the skin as well.

|