• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Casanovas Penciling Adventures! Not my artwork....!

Started by Blkcasanova247, March 27, 2007, 09:26:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Blkcasanova247

'Sup everybody...I've been looking back a little a my work and decided to redo some of my "redux's" namely the Titans designs I came up with a few months ago. First outta the gate is Raven...

Before

[spoiler][/spoiler]

After
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Next up.....Supergirl!  :thumbup:

7/1 Update:Here's Supergirl!
Before

[spoiler][/spoiler]

After
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Blkcasanova247

Roy Harper (Longshot) is the next target!  :lol:  :thumbup:

Revenant

Cas your skill is improving so much!  I remember wowing over those initial sketches, these are even more impressive!  Nice work.

One thing about Raven, I sort of liked her top better before.  The new one is nice but it makes me think of Wanda's Scarlet Witch costume that George Perez drew her in the Avengers/JLA crossover.  The initial one with the chest window was distinct... and I thought the tatoos were in character as well.  Also I miss the details on her boots, but practicality should rule if you are going for the Ultimates feel.  Still, I am a big fan of small details like that.

Supergirl looks.... super!  What else can I say?  I'm looking forward to seeing more!  And to seeing some hexes for 'em...

MJB

Blkcasanova247

Thanks guys.  :thumbup: Y'know Rev..I tell ya I for the life of me when I was drawing Raven for the second time I couldn't think of a really good tatt' for her. I did like what I did originally...but I felt that it didn't work for this version. I however in the inertim found a great bit of ink that hopefully look totally sweet on her arm/s.Check your email for Ult Nightwing, Cyborg and Longshot skoped nifs, I'm still workin on the others. :thumbup:  :lol: :thumbup:

Blkcasanova247

Ladies and germs I give you Roy Haper aka Longshot!

Before

[spoiler][/spoiler]

After

[spoiler][/spoiler]
Edit: 07/07/07  :P
The arrow shafts looked a bit whimpy. :doh:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Next up....Cyborg.

MACH 3

Yo, the drawings just get sicker and sicker. Man, you've honestly inspired me to do some re-design of my own characters the old fashioned way, with pencil and paper.....Awesome work man!

Revenant

What he said!

Roy looks sharp as heck!  I just printed out all of your drawings up to this point, just so I can spread them out and look at how awesome they are!

And to plan on skinning them.....  ^_^

Blkcasanova247

Thanks guys! I just wish I was more proficient and had more time to color these with photoshop or even to use colored pencils and or watercolors.  :( However things are moving in a direction right now where I'll have the time to really do these up right. :D I did a bit of an edit of the image in my previous post...I think this small change makes him look 100% better. :)
Revenant Medievel is coming......Revenant Medievel is coming....soon! ;)

Panther_Gunn

I might very well be wrong on this one, so feel free to correct me as needed.  ;)

As I don't read current stuff, is Roy being depicted as having all of his shafts unfletched?  Or is it something I'm missing?

Also, the right hand looks.....off to me.  In a pose like that, I'd expect his hand to stay in line with his forearm, or perhaps even to rotate towards the body a bit (at the wrist)....but it almost looks like it's rotated away from the body, which would make holding that pose much harder, and less natural.

Blkcasanova247

Quote from: Panther_Gunn on July 06, 2007, 09:28:53 PM
I might very well be wrong on this one, so feel free to correct me as needed.  ;)

As I don't read current stuff, is Roy being depicted as having all of his shafts unfletched?  Or is it something I'm missing?

Also, the right hand looks.....off to me.  In a pose like that, I'd expect his hand to stay in line with his forearm, or perhaps even to rotate towards the body a bit (at the wrist)....but it almost looks like it's rotated away from the body, which would make holding that pose much harder, and less natural.
Panther my man...thanks for your critique. :thumbup: I'll take another look at it....I'm pretty sure that this won't be the last time I revisit this character. I quite like him! ;) And you're absolutely correct...although this is not definitely not Roy's "Red Arrow" or even his previous "Arsenal" look...his arrows are all unfletched...hmmmm..makes ya wonder were those damned feathers coulda got to huh! :rolleyes: Well my thinking is he's "special" target seeking arrows with tiny retractable wings built in. His "glasses" house several micro cameras that record everything he sees and the lenses are a HUD; he can designate a target by a single verbal command or by clicking a small button on his bow that then "paints" his target with a built in laser sight. My version of Roy has tech up the wazoo and the pocket wad to pay for it. :rolleyes: :D :lol: Maybe I'll actually start giving the backgrounds and motivations I was thinking of for these guys.  :thumbup:

zuludelta

Some nice looking sketches there... but a suggestion, if you don't mind one coming from me:

on the archer (Roy Harper), you'll want to re-visit how his deltoids (shoulder muscles) cling to his frame. The pectorals (chest muscles) should be almost contiguous with the deltoids up until two-thirds of the way down... as it stands right now it looks like they connect only at the very top (this is especially pronounced on the right shoulder). Check out this classic muscle study by Versalius to see how the chest and shoulder muscles are related anatomically. 

Blkcasanova247

I certainly dont mind...coming from you. :D Thanks Zulu! :thumbup: I'm all about improving whatever skills I've got. That's my goal...to keep improving.

Uncle Yuan

Man, you know what a big fan I am of your work - I can't wait for Cyborg!

I'm going to echo PG on the hand - also, a "proper" grip on the string is behind the farthest set of knuckles, not the middle.  That being said, I have no idea how it's shown in the comics.

Revenant

Thought I'd post this here too... here is the skin based on Blkcasanova and Juancho's design. 

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Blkcasanova247

:thumbup:  :lol:  :D  :thumbup:  :lol:  :thumbup:  :D  :D  :D

Blkcasanova247

Somebody call my mama!  :thumbup: I don't think I've thanked him enough! Thanks Rev!  :thumbup:

style

MACH 3

Yeah Rev, I like the colour scheme. Very Timmverse-esque....(Is that a word?)  :doh:

Blkcasanova247

Hey there folks,
   It's been a spell since the "ole" Casanova posted anything new in this thread. Work, RL and some skopin' projects have been gettin' in the way. But here's a little something that I finished sketching and 'skoping a few days ago for Rev to skin for our "Ultimate" Titans...It's a "re"redesign of Raven.............
[spoiler][/spoiler]
There is a little background I came up with for her and the other Titans which I'll post later with a new sketch that I'm finishing for a redesigned Wally West Flash. :thumbup:

Blkcasanova247

BatWing

UnfluffyBunny

first of, I love your style, very nice work and very creative, but I do have to mention wally just isnt wally for me unless he has the streaming lightning >_> I know i'm just being fussy, but right now he just makes me think quicksilver or speed demon, not knocking either of those speedsters, but they dont have the same presense as the flash, igf ya know what I mean? none the less it's still a very nice piece of work, keep it up ^_^

Blkcasanova247

Thanks fellas. :D And for the most part Syn I agree with you....but my concept for him isn't quite the same as DC's Wally. To some extent I guess "Ultimizing" is "Marvelizing" so in that respect that's what I've set out to acheive and succeeded. Yeah me! :thumbup: I also wanted to give him a kind of "uniformed" look rather than a "costumed" look (if that makes sense) and also more practical maybe even a little militaristic. But with some color he'll really stand out. I just finished the skope for him so he'll be off to Revenants' "paint-works" for a beautiful skin job. :thumbup: Rev has done such an amazing job bringing my concepts to life so I want again to give him a big thank you.

[spoiler]THANK YOU REV![/spoiler] :lol: :P

Up next "re"redux of Supergirl, Beastboy and my vision of the ultimate "Fearsome Five"!

AfghanAnt

I love th Supergirl redesign. I can't believe I missed it.  :thumbup:

Blkcasanova247

Well If you like that one..then I think you'll really like the "re"redesign that I just finished that I'll be posting as soon as I get home from work.  ;) :D After that Beast Boy and that'll finish up the Titans......maybe. :rolleyes:

Blkcasanova247

Ok...I'm still workin' on her...a few tweaks here and there...but for the most part done.
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Supergirl "re"redux.
Now to give her a little color....soon..... :D

AfghanAnt

I really like the Brainiac symbols on her shoulders. I also like how grown-up and cool she looks. It a nice sleek design and I love the use of the Kingdom come S symbol. I've also been fond of that symbol.

Reepicheep

I'm a colouring novice, but I thought I'd give it a try - Its very weird and messy, but considering my experience (or lack thereof) I'm quite proud of the outcome.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Thankyou again, Casa. I can't get bored of this pic!

Blkcasanova247

I love it Reepicheep....you're doin' a lot better than me with photoshop. Great job! You know that this gives me a little skoping inspiration.... :rolleyes:

|