• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Sephiroth FF7

Started by Zivon23, March 29, 2007, 02:41:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zivon23

Been working on this hex for a bit now...........

and an in game shot.........

I had to take Grenidier's Silver Samurai mesh, strip it to the bones and then imported Ink's Jason Todd mesh onto the SS bones.  After some adjustment I have ended up with this.  This is still a WIP.  I just wanted to show it off to see what others think.

Zivon23

The Pwime

I'm really digging this.  Not a big fan of the Final Fantasy series, but this is looking pretty damn sweet.

I'm guessing you're also going to lengthen the sword?  Gotta have that perfect Masamune. :P

So far, it's looking really good though.  Awesome work, Zivon.

Blkcasanova247

Can't see the pics. :( And you mean Grenadier's Silver Samurai mesh right...I don't think Beyonder made a Silver Samurai mesh.  :thumbup:

Zivon23

Quote from: Blkcasanova247 on March 29, 2007, 09:43:29 AM
Can't see the pics. :( And you mean Grenadier's Silver Samurai mesh right...I don't think Beyonder made a Silver Samurai mesh.  :thumbup:

You are correct Casanova.  You win my secret trivia quiz.   :lol:  Honestly...that was my screwup( Sorry B).  It is Gren's SS and Ink's JT meshes.

For those who can't see the pics, try here.

http://edit.81x.com/Authors/Zivon23/Sephiroth01.jpg
http://edit.81x.com/Authors/Zivon23/Sephiroth02.jpg

and an in game shot.........
http://edit.81x.com/Authors/Zivon23/Sephiroth00.jpg

Z23

Blkcasanova247

hmmm....still no dice! :unsure:

catwhowalksbyhimself

I see them with no problem.

FLASH_22798

QuoteI had to take Grenidier's Silver Samurai mesh, strip it to the bones and then imported Ink's Jason Todd mesh onto the SS bones.

Is there a tutorial for that? That could be really usefull for things that I'm working on.

Zivon23

Quote from: FLASH_22798 on March 30, 2007, 01:39:16 PM
QuoteI had to take Grenidier's Silver Samurai mesh, strip it to the bones and then imported Ink's Jason Todd mesh onto the SS bones.

Is there a tutorial for that? That could be really usefull for things that I'm working on.

I haven't seen a tutorial for this type of thing.  I discovered it on accident.  Make a copy of the Silver Samurai mesh and select the poofy arm.  Right click/ remove branch.  You should now see the 'bones'.  Continue deleting all the parts in that section and you should just have the sword, scabbard, and bones.  You should then be able to paste a new mesh over the bones and with luck, it should conform to the new bones.  It is still a trial and error thing for me.  Once I get it figured out I will try to do some kind of tut for it.

Zivon

Zivon23

Ok....I have a problem now that I can't fix.......

http://edit.81x.com/Authors/Zivon23/Sephiroth03.jpg

In most of the animations, the shoulder pads seperate from the mesh and fly away.
How do I get them to attatch to the mesh and stay in position during animations?

Thanks in advanced

Zivon23

EDIT:  I was wondering in anyone would be interested in doing the standard for this?

JKCarrier

Quote from: Zivon23 on March 31, 2007, 05:28:09 AM
In most of the animations, the shoulder pads seperate from the mesh and fly away.
How do I get them to attatch to the mesh and stay in position during animations?

Make sure you're attaching the shoulderpads to one of the Bip nodes, not the Scene Root.
Make sure you've deleted the NiSkinInstance from the shoulderpads.

AfghanAnt

I would remove the sleeves on this coat and add the sleeves from Ink's Rogue_Jimlee mesh because it give him the same look from the game (bulky shoulders and thin fore arms). If you can make those changes I would be interested in skinning him. Ever thought of making an Advent Children Cloud?

also have you thought about using Ink's Joseph mesh for the hair? I think it would look better.

Zivon23

Quote from: AfghanAnt on April 04, 2007, 01:07:20 AM
I would remove the sleeves on this coat and add the sleeves from Ink's Rogue_Jimlee mesh because it give him the same look from the game (bulky shoulders and thin fore arms). If you can make those changes I would be interested in skinning him. Ever thought of making an Advent Children Cloud?

also have you thought about using Ink's Joseph mesh for the hair? I think it would look better.

Didn't even concider the Rogue mesh.....I will check into that.  Never thought bout Advent.  This whole project started as an accident.  I was messing around with Skoping and found a way to transfer mesh specific keyframes to other meshes.  As soon as I get it perfected, I hope to do a tutorial about it.  As far as Joseph, I asked Ink a while ago about using it and he said no because of copyright issues(something about he had to sign a form saying he wouldn't share it because it wasn't his hair to share or something like that).  So, as far as I am concered, Joseph is off limits.  I'm gonna go find the rogue mesh and see what I can do......Later.

Zivon23

Tomato

I know this is kind of self-serving or whatever, but I did a "Helios" mesh awhile back that would be perfect as far as those front bangs go, and I still have the max for it.

BatWing

maybe cloud could be next.......or sora :thumbup:

Gokou

Wow this is great news. Finally someone is doing an anime mesh. :thumbup:

But I can't see the pics. :(

BatWing

actually theres more anime mesh
like naruto, temari, gundams, and dbz

Gokou

I think I got too much excited when I see this Sephiroth thread and I forgot about those Gundam and DBZ models. :D Lord Ehmsidy's Gokou animations/keyframes is great but the mesh needs to be updated. :(

I can't wait to see the Sephiroth mesh. :)

m101969

Nice.  I think it will work with minor tweaking.  Looks great so far!  TY for sharing.

AfghanAnt

there are evas too but i have no clue where they are anymore (making post with cellphones can be bad it seems)

Nergal

Magnificent job thus far, can't wait to see it finished. Just posted an fx request for a "meteor" direct. Be nice to have something to go with it.

Now, I'm wondering if I could steal those shoulderpads from you...?

AfghanAnt

I should have something to show soon as far as the skin is concerned.

BatWing

and make his katana really long! :thumbup: