• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

FX Attached To Feet During Flight...

Started by The Hitman, March 31, 2007, 01:07:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Hitman

First off, if this is in the wrong section... oops, my mistake. Go ahead and move it.

My question is, how do you attach FX to a character's feet during flight for FF1? Kind- of like Man- Bot or El Diablo. For the life of me, I can't figure it out!  :banghead: I know there's FX in the EZFX mod pack specifically for this, so I know it can be done.

Thanks in advance!

Previsionary

here's a readme from one of Mike's fx:

Quote1) In FFEdit, on the Templates tab, create a character
-Name: CHARACTERNAME
-Class: GAME_OBJ_HERO
-Example NIF: Browse and navigate to the character.nif of the mesh your character is on.

2) Then go to the Character tab
-Name: CHARACTERNAME

3) On the FX tab
-Name: flying_CHARACTERNAME
-Nif Base: Browse and navigate to the folder that contains your flying FX
-Attack Type: Special
-Attack Sub Type: None

Then load up a mod (or the main game) and on the screen with Mission Briefing, Team, Database, etc. type the code:

Campaign_Recruit('CHARACTERNAME')

Your character should now become available to go on the next mission and have the flying FX.

To use flying FX in the Danger Room
-You must have FFX installed
- Assign tempform to the Character tab Attributes
- Create a character in-game with the shapeshifter attribute.

Then take both the shapeshifter (created in-game) and tempform (Editor-created) characters into the Danger Room.  You should be able to switch forms to the Editor-created hero and the flying FX should appear.

Epimethee

In FFX 3.2, for built-in characters, you just need to create the fx flying_charactername.

BTW, the whole issue is caused to the convoluted way in which characters are created in Rumble Room and MP mode.

EDIT: Oops. I missed the FF1 part. :(

The Hitman

That'll do. Thanks for the help, guys!