• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Of Alternate Realities and Artistic Challenges

Started by BentonGrey, April 16, 2007, 08:59:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FLASH_22798

All right Benton, Golden Age Hellcat is ready to be downloaded and checked out for your approval.   Or Non-approval, your choice.

BentonGrey

Flash, I've already told you through PM's, but I'll go ahead and repeat here how awesome your work is! 

Well guys, I know that some of the rest of you have ideas!  Let's see them!

BentonGrey

Cyber Burn

I have to say that this thread is one that I really enjoyed watching, I really hope it continues.

BentonGrey

Well, in order for CB's words here to not be in vain.....and because I'm a greedy son of a gun, I'd like to see this continue as well!  Skinners, skopers, come one, come all, redesign your favorite DC character as their alternate number!  I'm especially interested in a new Quizmaster (alternate Riddler) since the one from Earth-2 was just exactly the same as the regular Riddler.

Thunder

I give you Quizmaster!  Having defeated Mr. Monster (the world's 3rd smartest man).  Edward Nygma improved upon the fallen villain's technology and upgraded his arsenal. 
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Thunder

Flash...I have a design for Blood Eagle, but I am interested to see your skoped mesh.  Is it in one of your groups?

BentonGrey

Wow Thunder!  That's an awesome redesign!  I'd have never thought of putting him on Mr. Terrific.  That gives him a lot of new possibilities.  I assume Mr. Monster is the villainous Mr. Terrific?  Nice back story there.  May I makes some suggestions?  How about "Q"s instead of "?"s, I'm not really sure how that would work, but I think it might make for an interesting change.  Also, what about a switch on the classic color-scheme?  How about orange and red instead of green and purple?  Once again, just pitching ideas, I love your redesign, so if they don't interest you, that's totally cool. 

Alas, Flash has quit FF for the foreseeable future, but he left most of his unfinished work in the charge of Cyber Burn.

Thunder

BentonGrey

Ohh man!  Perfect!  Great job, I was thinking of orange on the coat, but I definitely like the red much better, good call.  I think the color scheme works really well, but what I like best is that symbol.  That's pure genius man!  The only suggestion I could make....maybe keep the domino mask?  Orange?  I don't know, I sort of like the futuristic look of the goggles there, but that might add some visual continuity.  Either way, I love this.  I may have to include a Quizmaster storyline....

Thunder

keot mask red...looks better than orange against flesh tone

[spoiler][/spoiler]

BentonGrey

Ohh yeah, good call.  He looks awesome Thunder!  Can I get my hands on him?  I'm itching to hero-him up.

Carravaggio

Ack, how the heck could I miss this? I'll have to read the whole thing, see if there is anything i could contribute. BG, anything in particular you need for this? (Carter and Ray are just about done, btw :D)

EDIT: Oh yeah, Thunder, that Riddler reimagining is gorgeous  :thumbup:

BentonGrey

Quote from: Carravaggio on January 11, 2008, 05:15:36 AM
Ack, how the heck could I miss this? I'll have to read the whole thing, see if there is anything i could contribute. BG, anything in particular you need for this? (Carter and Ray are just about done, btw :D)

EDIT: Oh yeah, Thunder, that Riddler reimagining is gorgeous  :thumbup:

Awesome to have you interested Car! Flash did a lot of awesome stuff for me, but there are still tons and tons of characters that you can take a crack at if you like.  I don't necessarily "need" anything in particular, but I definitely want all that I can get!  I suppose it would be great fun to see new versions of more of the top tier villains or some of the other Leaguers.  Ohh, and I can't wait to get Ray and Carter!

Thunder

I did a skin for Blood Eagle on Beyonder's Hawkman mesh.  If there's a new hes/ skope..I'd like to transfer it over..stay tuned for a preview really soon.

BentonGrey

Send Cyber_Burn a PM, he might just have Flash's skope lying around.

Thunder

here's my try at Blood Eagle:
EDIT (image removed)

BentonGrey

Wow Thunder, you've got a great eye for redesigns!  Let's see...first off, I love your color palette for this guy.  I really like his uniform, but I think my favorite thing are those glowing demon eyes...just awesome.  What are those lines on his wings just to the right and left of his 'ears', though?  I like the look of those gauntlets and greaves, it makes him look even more dangerous for some reason.  I might darken the wings just a bit...but not much really.  He looks fantastic Thunder, awesome job!  Ohh, what is that symbol there?  I can't quite make it out, but I like that you didn't go with the standard Thanagarian symbol.

Panther_Gunn

Quote from: BentonGrey on January 12, 2008, 01:25:40 PMOhh, what is that symbol there?  I can't quite make it out, but I like that you didn't go with the standard Thanagarian symbol.

It looks like a raptor talon.

Cyber Burn

Wow, I can't believe how much this thread has jumped in the last few days.  Thunder, I really like both the designs for the Quizmaster (everyone needs a variant costume).  Also, I have all of Flash's unksinned skopes that he had done for this, about 6 I think, but they're all for  :ff:.  I was going to re - skope them for  :ffvstr: and then try to find some one to skin them.

CSA Blood Eagle (Hawkman)
CSA Deadeye (Green Arrow)
CSA Nucleus (Atom)
Golden Age Blood Eagle (Hawkman)
Young Offenders Red Bird (Robin)
Anti - Matter Ivodroid (Amazo)

Other ones he had started he didn't do much work on so I'm not sure if the characters were finished or not.

Thunder

that is a raptor talon on his chest..good eye Panther!

BentonGrey

Quote from: Panther_Gunn on January 12, 2008, 03:19:50 PM
Quote from: BentonGrey on January 12, 2008, 01:25:40 PMOhh, what is that symbol there?  I can't quite make it out, but I like that you didn't go with the standard Thanagarian symbol.

It looks like a raptor talon.

Ohh!  I totally see that now!  Awesome choice there.

CB, remember what I told you about Tomato's fix for FF1 skopes, it might be easier than re-skoping them.

GGiant

Blood eagle, ha that name is cool. :D
Still, I like blood phoenix. :lol:

Cyber Burn

Unfortunately, even with Tomato's fix, I was still having problems, as well as spending the same amount of time on a character.  Also, this lets me update most of the characters to Tommyboy's TF meshes while lining some of the pieces up a little better as well.

BentonGrey

Fair enough man, I can't wait to see these guys!

Cyber Burn

The two Blood Eagles and Deadeye have been sent to Thunder.  And I'm actually tempted to try my own hand at this there are sme characters that I would like to see for myself.

BentonGrey

The more the merrier, CB, you're welcome to take a crack at whomever you like.

Thunder

OKay..here's a modified skin on the Blood Eagle skope CB sent me:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

BentonGrey

You know, that looks even better!  I love the symbol on the shield as well as the shirt.  Great work, Thunder!

|