• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Update?

Started by MJB, April 20, 2007, 01:36:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJB

I've noticed that FR is sitting on almost 3 mil in prestige and began thinking. I know the base is large and the rent is probably steep but are there plans on updating it?

Issue #9 is around the corner and some new stuff is on it's way. There is also a porter or two that could be added.

I have no knowledge of what's required for any updates/upgrades and I'm not ranked high enough to make any of these changes.

-MJB

Alaric

Personally, I think we need to rearange the teleporters, anyway.

Zapow

3 million doesn't buy a whole lot with base design.

Upgrading the plot would be well more than 3 million.

Tortuga

There's a point at which, if you're not designing your base for Raids, that there really isn't much to add to a base.  Practical stuff, anyway.  More storage, perhaps.  But if current storage isn't being 'used' (in other words, not just added to, but also utilized for the base) then there isn't much point in that either.

El Condor

Quote from: Alaric on April 20, 2007, 03:13:30 PM
Personally, I think we need to rearange the teleporters, anyway.

Do you mean rotating the teleporters as they are in some of our other SG bases, Al? I would love to see this in the FR base, as I always feel that entry to the TP pads is a little awkward.

EC

Zapow

Okay, I've upgraded the plot and made some changes.

1. I added a large teleportation room that houses four pads. We now have beacons for every zone. The beacons are arranged from lowest to highest...as soon as you enter the base there is a hallway. The lower zones are closer to the base entrance, the highest ones all the way at the end in the big room.

2. I added a new workshop. This room house a personal salvage vault, two invention tables, a third base salvage rack and enhancment storage.

Please note: Only combined salvage (not invention salvage pieces) should go on the salvage rack in the original workshop. Use the other two racks for uncombined salvage.

These changes are the start of more upgrades. Nothing is set in stone yet. More changes are forthcoming.

Tortuga

Thanks for working on the base tonight, Zap.

El Condor

Boy, you worked while we played.  :(

Gracias, Zap - can't wait to check out the changes!  :thumbup:

EC

Alaric

I checked it out last night- great work! Thanks for putting all the time and effort into it!

One small problem, though- and I hate to bring this up- the Talos Island teleporter seems to be misplaced (at least, it seemed that way to me- I was half asleep when I checked it out...)- it seemed to me that it was fruther into the base than the Founders Falls teleporter. Still, now that I think about it (and am awake), it probably just requires switching two teleporters around to fix that...

Asside from that, looked really good. Big improvement.

MJB

The base looks awesome. I already unloaded a heap of base salvage into the new rack.

-MJB

Zapow

Quote from: Alaric on May 03, 2007, 06:42:21 AM
I checked it out last night- great work! Thanks for putting all the time and effort into it!

One small problem, though- and I hate to bring this up- the Talos Island teleporter seems to be misplaced (at least, it seemed that way to me- I was half asleep when I checked it out...)- it seemed to me that it was fruther into the base than the Founders Falls teleporter. Still, now that I think about it (and am awake), it probably just requires switching two teleporters around to fix that...

Asside from that, looked really good. Big improvement.

It's in the same room with the FF beacon...

Lunarman

I've been exploring the base recently with my char. I like it very much especially the feel that each room has got going, eg the meeting feel, workshop, garage, indoor garden.

Very nice