• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

28 Weeks Later

Started by thanoson, April 22, 2007, 06:48:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thanoson

Ok, I liked the 1st movie. This looks pretty good. Your thoughts?

http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox_atomic/28weekslater/

lugaru

Kind of the same deal... I love the first one but the trailer did nothing to prepare me for the movie. Again WHO KNOWS how the sequel will be but if it's anything like the first movie it will be excelent.

... so did you ever watch the alternate endings on the first movies dvd? That was a cool extra...

thanoson

I missed the alternate endings. Not sure how to find them either, without renting the dvd.

Spam

I heard the first one was very good, but I'm not entirely sure about this one... The story to the first one sounded cheesy (Hehe, monkies...) but I guess they pulled it off somehow. So I'll have to see it before I critique it.

So yeah, still not sure about this one...

FORIAMSPAM!

UnkoMan

Well, I loved the first one right up to the soldiers. Then I thought it was good, but not nearly as good. The alternate endings... well I can say I'm alright with the one they used. Thank god they scrapped that blood transfusion one because that made zero sense.

This one... Well I'm really not that excited. I'm more puzzled than anything. But I will probably still watch it, and if it's even half of the other movie I will probably enjoy it.

Jakew

I loved the first one when I saw it in the cinema. Especially the build up at the start with Jim walking through deserted London as the guitar score slowly swells.

28 Weeks later doesn't have Danny Boyle directing, so I'm not overly excited about it at this stage. Plus, its a horror movie sequel, and these are rarely any good. But the cast seems pretty decent for this type of thing (I like Rose Byrne).

Sevenforce

Loved the first one, but I have my doubts about this one. Doesn't seem as...well, clean, what I've seen from trailers. And to be fair, they're gonna have to do some explaining as to who or what decided that the entire country was safe again, considering how widespread and infectious it is! :huh:

Mentioning that alternate ending, Unkoman, I love it when they're talking about it on the DVD commentary, and their reaction when they figured out what the problem with it was...

"We'd already established that a single drop of blood could cause infection. Just how the **** were we going to empty every single cappillary?!" :thumbup:  Classic.

lugaru

Quote from: Sevenforce on April 26, 2007, 03:39:13 PM
"We'd already established that a single drop of blood could cause infection. Just how the **** were we going to empty every single cappillary?!" :thumbup:  Classic.

That's why Im recomending the alternate endings... because they are pretty much comedy gold, it's the comentary that makes it... its like "this is cool... this is cool... wait... where are we going with this anyway?"

Here's my thoughts on why I love the original:

- I love zombies and it was an interesting take on fast, angry and pack like undead
- I love filmaking and it was a great early example of digital filmaking... ask Robert Rodriguez if there's any advantages to that.
- While its a stable group of characters the plot twists and turns like a fun house, the soldiers where so-so but it makes sense that the movie would end very differently than how it started.
- Good characters, violent, well put together world... all in all I would love to have that "universe" revisited and if it sucks well too bad, we still have the first movie.

BatWing

i like the first one too and i can't wait to see 2