• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Cmdrkoenig67's map thread....Resurrected!

Started by cmdrkoenig67, April 24, 2007, 08:07:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Previsionary

Quote from: cmdrkoenig67 on October 30, 2008, 09:26:44 PM
Quote from: life_matrix on October 30, 2008, 08:59:17 PM
I've got two questions:

1) How do you get some of those screen grabs to show a view at an angle that can show the horizon? A good example would be your shots of your underwater map. I can hold down the [Alt] key and try to move the mouse around to adjust the viewing angle. But I can not seem to quite dip the view that close to the horizon. Is there a special trick involved?

Yes...There is a trick...A well-guarded secret...LOL, Kidding.  It takes a bit of code added to one of your game's PY files.  I'm sure there's a post around here somewhere that will tell you how to do it...I'll get back to you on this (since I'm terrible at explaining this sort of thing), unless somebody else steps in and helps you, before I get back to you on it.

http://freedomreborn.net/archive/index.php?topic=41006.msg572264#msg572264

cmdrkoenig67

stumpy

Quote from: life_matrix on October 30, 2008, 08:59:17 PM
2) Are there additional steps involved in getting your maps to work when FFvTR was not installed in the default directory?

For example, I tried to follow your instructions for the Collinwood map:
QuoteUnzip and place the "ds_mp_collinwood" folder in your Irrational Games/Data/Missions folder, THEN place the "_textures_collinwood" folder in your Irrational Games/Data/art/library/area_specific folder and it should then appear with your other Rumble Room maps.

I installed FFvTR in the root directory of my F: drive, making it: F:\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich. However, there was no Data folder in my F:\Irrational Games\ directory, so I created one, as well as creating Missions and art/library/area_specific subfolders inside. I installed as instructed, but no new map was listed. Desperate, I also tried installing inside the Data folder of my Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich directory. (And, again, there was no Missions folder before I created one, nor an area_specific folder.)

Being a newb to both :ffvstr: as well as using maps, I'm probably overlooking something obvious. But I had to ask if this might be because of not installing in the default directory...

I think a directory level has gone missing, somewhere in the telling. The Data folder shouldn't be directly under the Irrational Games folder, it belongs under Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich. So, in your setup, things should go in F:\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\Data\. I hope that helps.

life_matrix

I think it's like what Stumpy said. I doubt there should be a Data folder directly under \Irrational Games\ because then it would not be directly associated with either \Freedom Force\ or \Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\. (Assuming you have both installed.) I think it's just a typo in your readme. But this can be confusing for newbies such as myself.

Quote from: cmdrkoenig67 on October 30, 2008, 09:26:44 PM
Your  :ffvstr: folder doesn't have a Data folder in it?  Odd...

This is a misunderstanding. I wrote that my \Irrational Games\ folder doesn't have a Data folder in it. However, \Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\ folder always had a Data folder.

In any case, I moved the "ds_mp_collinwood" Missions folder and "_textures_collinwood" area_specific folder back into the Data directory under my \Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\ directory and tried again. This time I found the map!

Apparently, I just didn't know what to look for in the Rumble Room screen. :doh: Because I had FFX installed, a bunch of extra FFX Game Modes and FFX maps were installed that are not part of a basic FFvTR install. Because the Game Modes are sorted alphabetically, this mode is selected by default:

FFX - EZSCRIPT MINI MOD: ALLIES EXAMPLE

But the only two maps that are available in this mode are "CITY LANDMARKS" and "LIBERTY PARK", hence my confusion. As soon as I selected a different Game Mode, such as "BATTLE IN THE RUMBLE ROOM" or "ACTION - ALL", then a bunch more maps are available. :doh: If had just tried using the rumble room before I would have known where to look...

BentonGrey

Hey CC, when are you going to release these fantastic maps!? :D  I'm a month (or several) away from starting my Aquaman campaign, but I'd love to use some of these new watery maps when I do!

cmdrkoenig67

CC?  I think you mean CK...LOL.  If I can't get the maps uploaded soon, I'll try to send you the underwater maps directly, BG. 

Howzat?

Dana

EDIT:  BTW, BG...I don't know if this would really interest you, but take a look in this thread...

http://freedomreborn.net/archive/index.php?topic=48584.0

BentonGrey

D'oh!  Typos.  Anyway CK, that sounds great!  Thanks man!

I actually saw when you posted that, and immediately ran to that site.  When Aquaman starts his campaign, he might just be using authentic telepathy sounds! ^_^

cmdrkoenig67

Good to hear...

Minor creepy maps update (a little something to add a bit more atmosphere)...

Spiderwebs...

BentonGrey

UnkoMan

Whoa, cool. Those could come in very handy for me... How'd you do them, where'd you get them, etc. etc.? I'll trade you for a readme about lights, ha ha.

Oh yeah, I was also wondering about those bonfires and torches from your very excellent medieval map.

cmdrkoenig67

Quote from: UnkoMan on December 06, 2008, 09:28:51 AM
Whoa, cool. Those could come in very handy for me... How'd you do them, where'd you get them, etc. etc.? I'll trade you for a readme about lights, ha ha.

Oh yeah, I was also wondering about those bonfires and torches from your very excellent medieval map.

LOL...The spiderwebs were pretty easy.  The torch/bonfire objects are from  :ff: and were tweaked by Detourne Correction: Revenant, for me (Skoped flickering firelight onto them).  I can send them to you.

Dana

EDIT:  Sorry Rev.

AfghanAnt

I really like the details it adds to the map. It could be really useful for a mod I'm suppose to be working on...(I am so lame).

cmdrkoenig67

No, you're not lame...And thank you.  :thumbup:

Dana

UnkoMan

Yeah, man. If you could send them over to joe dot idiot at gmail dot com, that'd be sweet! I'll get them when I finally get the internet at home again. Thanks a bunch!

PS: You've gotta teach me how to convert objects.

As for you, AA, I've actually got a little something I was hoping to ship your way for that paticular endeavour.

yell0w_lantern

cmdrkoenig67

If anybody would like Rev's Skoped bonfire and torch_pole for  :ffvstr:  Get them at his Yahoo group, here...

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/revenant_skins02/files/

Remember, you'll have to make templates for them and stuff in the Editor...

Unko and YL, I'll send out the spiderweb texture to you A.S.A.P.

Best.

Dana

UnkoMan

Thanks a bunch! When I can finally download it I am sure it will be rad. Also, I'll will be tricking it soes I can use it and the weeds together. All you gotta do is rename the texture in nifskope.

|