• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Containment Crew - All Controller SG on Virtue

Started by Tortuga, April 25, 2007, 02:41:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tortuga

All ranks have the ability to invite, so if you're in CC and you see someone online that isn't -- invite away!

Stopman

captainspud

For anybody who doesn't have a particular concept in mind: please no more Sonics. We've got five. @_@

We're short on Rad, and we could use a few more Fire peeps. Oh, and as a general request-- if your primary has an AoE immob, please take it.

I've played with quite a few of the SG members, and it's working well so far. If everybody could get to at least six, and maximum seven, we can start to do a big team.

GO TROLLERS! :D

Tortuga

It might be helpful if folks who are in the SG or intend to be in it post their builds. [edit]I'll post a roster in the first post of this thread[/edit]

Most people are rolling new toons, so how about let's get those toons to lvl 10 and then have a team-up night to see how it goes.

Tort

[edit] I'm bringing Doc Tectonic over.  He'll be Earth/Rad or Earth/Kin[/edit]

[edit again!] all variations of Doc Tectonic were taken! not sure what his name will be now [/edit]

gdaybloke

Only had an hour or so to play tonight; Ngalyod's on the cusp of 5, and has her AoE Immob, just to make Spud happy

Midnight

UR-532 (or something) is level 4 and is packing raddy goodness. :)

Viking

What with the multiple people taking Earth Control, I just don't have the impulse to make my Earth Controller concept, Dr. Hu.

Specifically, Dr. Hu Flung Pu.  He wasn't particularly happy with his given birth name, and he really didn't want his hero name to be the Pu Pu Platter, so he'd generally just prefer to be called The Doctor...

At any rate - that should be enough punning to make Spud weep for a while.  Gotta figure out another concept.

Ephemeris

captainspud

El Condor

Tortuga

Baseline - Earth/Rad

Vikes, I picked earth b/c it's a set I hadn't ever played before.  Plus I thought it would go well with Rad. :)

Well after one day, we're already 20+ members!  Thanks for joining up, folks.  Right now, Baseline has Founder status, and Spud's toon has Architect status so he can make the base all functional and purty.  Besides that, anyone who wants to be a leader can be.  Just let me know somehow.  There are certain permissions that I'll just keep to Founder status, but otherwise it'll be even across the board, if that's what folks want.

5 ranks is way too many, btw ;)

B A D

Tortuga

If anyone's still interested in making a CC member or rerolling here's what we seem to have a lot of...

-Primary:
Gravity and Earth
-Secondary:
Sonic and Radiation

What we DON'T have a lot of...
-Primary:
Mind, Illusion, Ice
-Secondary:
Empathy, Trick Arrow, Force Field, Kinetics

Out of those sets, the one we need more of is Illusion -- this is a key power set, especially later when facing AVs or GMs.  It's great for aggro and damage.  More Rad, Kinetics or Force Field would be the secondaries we could use more of.

We could also use more Fire, as it's a great dmg set.

[edit] BEcause I'm a list guy (it drives Madam T nuts) here's how many of what we have:
Primary:
Earth Control - 4
Fire Control - 5
Gravity Control - 5
Ice Control  - 2
Illusion Control  - 2
Mind Control - 2

Secondary:
Empathy - 1
Force Field - 1
Kinetics - 3
Radiation Emission - 6
Sonic Resonance - 4
Storm Summoning - 3
Trick Arrow - 2

BlueBard

FYI... Maxwell Miracle is Illusion/Empathy (which Tort is aware of, but everyone else may not be.)

I might consider doing a version of Astragirl on Virtue.  I've come to believe she should have been Grav/FF instead of Grav/Kin like she is on Freedom.

Funeral-Pyre

I forgot to post that my toon is Cool Arrow (ice control/trick arrow, in case you couldn't guess).  I could create another toon to fill in for the deficiencies if you feel that is necessary, Tort. 

Viking

Ultimately, I've made Cold Beer Fusion, an Ice/Radiation Controller.

Midnight

Made Kiem. He's an Ill/TA troller. Probably won't delete him today. :p

Alaric

Quote from: Midnight on May 01, 2007, 01:28:57 AM
Made Kiem. He's an Ill/TA troller. Probably won't delete him today. :p

That's a fun combo. I have one on another server.

BlueBard

I 're-imagined' Astragirl and put her on Virtue as Grav/FF.  Up to 6th level so far, and mostly Grav powers.

But here's the thing... I don't want her on the Crew full time.  I'd like her to have a sort of 'affiliated hero' status.  She would contribute Salvage and anything else that is possible to contribute.

Would that be okay?

I know, the question is... why do I want to be a part-timer and why should anyone go out of their way to accomodate this odd notion?

Well, as to the first... mainly I don't want an unsightly cube pasted on her chest every time I play in a pick-up team or travelling from point to point.  It wouldn't look right, and it doesn't fit my concept of this character.  I'd spend a lot of time out of SG mode when not playing with anyone else in the Crew and I'd do a lot of switching back and forth.  No offense intended; I'm just being honest.

As to the second, there is no compelling reason why anyone should accomodate this odd notion.  Other than what little prestige, Salvage or other drops she might bring in, I recognize that the Crew doesn't benefit much from the association.  I want her to work with the Crew whenever possible, that's all.

captainspud

You know you can suppress the SG emblem, right? It's a checkbox at the bottom of the SG colours screen.

Alaric

What Spud said. Just go to the screen where you can customize your SG uniform and hit the "hide SG emblem" (or whatever it's called) button at the bottom of the screen- dependiong on your costume, you may have to scroll down to see it.

Tortuga

Quote from: BlueBard on May 01, 2007, 08:06:53 AM
Well, as to the first... mainly I don't want an unsightly cube pasted on her chest

Unsightly?!

It's a box.

A container.

Containment Crew.

I'm not one to care much about prestige -- it'll happen when it does -- but if I were to care about it, it would be at the beginning of a SG, when you're in the process of acquiring base items.  Once we have base items, prestige matters not.

But yeah, just turn off the emblem.  Or don't play in SG mode.  The game functioned for many months without SG mode, so one person not earning prestige is no biggie.

Tort

BlueBard

A-Ha.  I did not know I could 'turn off' the emblem.

In that case, I'd have no problem staying in SG mode all the time.

As to the cube being 'unsightly', well, only as a chest tattoo.  As a costume piece, I have no issues.  :D

B A D

I say we beat him and just take his lunch money.

BlueBard

Quote from: B A D on May 01, 2007, 10:41:53 AM
I say we beat him her and just take his her lunch money.

The character is Astragirl, BAD.  And I guarantee there ain't no place to put lunch money in that outfit.

BlueBard

Maxwell Miracle dropped off his base salvage, as ordered.

When are we going to put in Enhancement storage/Invention Salvage vault?  Not that I'm overflowing or anything, but I'm planning on Max being my main inventor on Virtue so I was wondering.

captainspud

The vault costs $100k, I'm not sure if we're wealthy enough as of yet. You should probably just use the ones in the gameworld for now.

BlueBard

Quote from: captainspud on May 03, 2007, 09:29:05 AM
The vault costs $100k, I'm not sure if we're wealthy enough as of yet. You should probably just use the ones in the gameworld for now.

no prob.  Thanks for the quick reply, Cap'n!

Thunder

I'm just getting back into CoH, I'd love to join up....I'll make a character tonight.  What to make though...hmmmm,