• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Hero Help! Skins and Meshes.

Started by UnkoMan, May 02, 2007, 09:17:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GGiant

So do I keep the cape and shoulder caps, bearded?

SnowMan

thank you unkoman, but i'm afraid i did the skin myself.
i just need a mesh with goggles.
take a look at my skin.

well does it look kewl?
i added seam to his beanie :P

GGiant

Have you considered using the reflect layer, it will probably look "cooler"...get it?! "cooler". :lol:

SnowMan

yeah we get it.
anyways i'm addin a refl right now.

UnkoMan

Yeah, a refl would be good. Maybe a subtle one with an exaggerated "snowy" texture, so you could have little glistening crystals.
As for goggles, look at some of tommyboy's meshes. I am sure you can find what you need there.

SnowMan

glistening crystals eh?
hhmmm how do i do that?

GGiant

BA-DA-BUMP!
Anyway, I made a minion of Mr.Hamrick as seen in fr wiki.
It looks dull but here it is.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

UnkoMan

Quote from: SnowMan on January 06, 2008, 07:18:56 PM
glistening crystals eh?
hhmmm how do i do that?

If you use a mesh with effects turned on, then you add another .tga file called male_basic_refl (or whatever your main skin file is called). What I would do for that skin is to put a layer of black over top of everything, and set it to 70%, maybe 80%. I'd overlay a snow texture over the white parts also, at about 30% - 50% probably. Then, I'd flatten the snow texture onto the skin, and crank up the contrast. That's what I'd use for the refl file.

But I'd also go back and keep the snow texture on the main skin file. Anyhow, this would make it really shimmer.

As for the minion, he's decent. It'd be cool if it still faded away like the fire guys do. Making shadow characters on interesting meshes is fun, though. Gni's alien or the x-com chryssilid (I forget who made that).

SnowMan

ah shoot, i lost my file to my skin and stuff after the reformat.

GGiant

Quote from: UnkoMan on February 02, 2008, 09:29:09 AM
Quote from: SnowMan on January 06, 2008, 07:18:56 PM
glistening crystals eh?
hhmmm how do i do that?

If you use a mesh with effects turned on, then you add another .tga file called male_basic_refl (or whatever your main skin file is called). What I would do for that skin is to put a layer of black over top of everything, and set it to 70%, maybe 80%. I'd overlay a snow texture over the white parts also, at about 30% - 50% probably. Then, I'd flatten the snow texture onto the skin, and crank up the contrast. That's what I'd use for the refl file.

But I'd also go back and keep the snow texture on the main skin file. Anyhow, this would make it really shimmer.

As for the minion, he's decent. It'd be cool if it still faded away like the fire guys do. Making shadow characters on interesting meshes is fun, though. Gni's alien or the x-com chryssilid (I forget who made that).
All X-com meshes for Freedom Force have been done by Jik, AFAIK.

|