• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Submissions

Started by Lunarman, May 02, 2007, 10:24:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomato

In most cases FF meshes work as-is for FFvTTR(The one I use in the mod works for both), especially the skoped ones (though I don't know why that is the case). Almost all that don't initially work can be ported using one of the two converters plus my tutorial for the skopes that don't.

The ones that cannot directly be converted or used are usually ones with FX, but you can remove the fx, convert it, and copy the appropriate fx over from vx_human_torch using nifskope.

The problem is, again, going backwards. Some meshers, especially Renegade, release their awesomeness for FFvTTR only and it's impossible to convert them back to FF1

UnkoMan

Yeah, my internet is dead yet again, PLUS I have a million miles of work to do basically all the time.

If you want to just add them, Tomato, you totally can. I have no problem with other people adding, or even "taking over." I know I got the ball rolling, but I wouldn't consider myself head of this project. It's a community thing, so we're all on equal standing here.

Anyhow, sweet. Two more heroes? Exciting stuff. If only I had the time!

Tomato

Quote from: UnkoMan on October 29, 2007, 01:47:34 PM
Yeah, my internet is dead yet again, PLUS I have a million miles of work to do basically all the time.

If you want to just add them, Tomato, you totally can. I have no problem with other people adding, or even "taking over." I know I got the ball rolling, but I wouldn't consider myself head of this project. It's a community thing, so we're all on equal standing here.

Anyhow, sweet. Two more heroes? Exciting stuff. If only I had the time!

NP, can't be all that hard

*ten minutes later*

ACK! TEH DESCRIPTIONS R EVUL! DIE NOWZ!

... anyway...

Added FF and I'm working on intensity... everything's in the right folder but I had three versions of Hero Editor installed and in a vain attempt to remove them I removed all of them, meh. Decided to take the opportunity to duplicate the notes I and Unko made on my site preview so I can get started on that again. Now I'm off to set the recorder for Chuck and Heroes, then I can finish intensity and do my homework for three classes.

A vegetable's work is never done

Edit: all that and I completely forgot the purpose of my post: Unko or TPE, could you send me Eyebrow's skin/mesh? you/Unko put it in the standard folder rather then the mod folder. I've fixed it in ffedit, but I don't actually have the skin.

Figure Fan

Tomato, thanks for keeping this together while Unko is out. I'll try to be of more help somehow once I can get some extra time.

Also, I noticed that my hero file in my game is acting up. None of my attacks seem to want to function and for some reason I have the super leaper attribute when it should be puppet master. I want to know if the version I sent you is acting the same way, or if it just fine.

Oh, and when can I test the mod??  :P

Tomato

Quote from: Figure Fan on October 29, 2007, 04:59:20 PM
Tomato, thanks for keeping this together while Unko is out. I'll try to be of more help somehow once I can get some extra time.

Also, I noticed that my hero file in my game is acting up. None of my attacks seem to want to function and for some reason I have the super leaper attribute when it should be puppet master. I want to know if the version I sent you is acting the same way, or if it just fine.

Thank's, I appreciate it. I'm not really a modder, I'm sort of running on guesswork... took me forever to figure out the scripts.dat was how I added the powers info.

But yeah, I wanted to double check Intensity and FF in-game anyway, I'll check back tomorrow with some more info.

Quote from: Figure Fan on October 29, 2007, 04:59:20 PM
Oh, and when can I test the mod??  :P

NEVER! IT'S MINE, ALL MINE!

Seriously though, once I get the site put together I'll release it. I'm having to rework it some though, and I've got a busy few days ahead... long day tomorrow, and wannabe-holloween party at church ("Harvest Festival") wednesday, with a semi-long day thursday.

Figure Fan

Haha, alright. Sounds cool. Let me know how the attacks look damage-wise, too. I wasn't sure how much damage they should do in comparison to other heroes, but I wanted it to be accurate. They might not do quite enough damage as-is, but that can be fixed if necessary. I was mostly trying to keep his cost down between 10,000-15,000 like the FF characters.

UnkoMan

Quote from: Tomato on October 29, 2007, 04:43:07 PM
Edit: all that and I completely forgot the purpose of my post: Unko or TPE, could you send me Eyebrow's skin/mesh? you/Unko put it in the standard folder rather then the mod folder. I've fixed it in ffedit, but I don't actually have the skin.

Oh shoot! That's what I keep forgetting to do. I barely am at home, and my computer's on for about ten minutes a week, tops.

As for not being a modder... you and me both. I had to ask a ton of questions just to figure how to add characters. ACTUALLY, if you aren't already, ues M25's character adder. You still have to mess with things, but it's a way simpler starter, once you figure it out.

A note about costs, Figure Fan: It's alright to keep them in a certain level if you want it there, but the cost will go up when we import them (since the powers all start at three) AND cost never really determines power. I say that you just make it play right rather than worrying about cost.

So, yeah. This is totally sweet. If you have a question about adding, Tomato, just ask me and I'll... probably not remember, but will try!

Figure Fan

Quote from: UnkoMan on October 30, 2007, 09:17:40 AM
Quote from: Tomato on October 29, 2007, 04:43:07 PM

Oh shoot! That's what I keep forgetting to do. I barely am at home, and my computer's on for about ten minutes a week, tops.

As for not being a modder... you and me both. I had to ask a ton of questions just to figure how to add characters. ACTUALLY, if you aren't already, ues M25's character adder. You still have to mess with things, but it's a way simpler starter, once you figure it out.

A note about costs, Figure Fan: It's alright to keep them in a certain level if you want it there, but the cost will go up when we import them (since the powers all start at three) AND cost never really determines power. I say that you just make it play right rather than worrying about cost.

So, yeah. This is totally sweet. If you have a question about adding, Tomato, just ask me and I'll... probably not remember, but will try!

Hm, ok. I may be making some changes then to my hero file. If I do, I'll send out some PMs and reupload my zip file. I just upped all of my powers to three wince I remember you saying something about having them set to three anyway. I just didn't want Figure Fan to be overly powerful or anything. It is hard to tell how much damage some powers should do when you don't have anything to compare them to.

Tomato

Quick note before I have to run off- Both files seem to work fine, but I still need to finish off the intensity descriptions. FF, if you want to send me a new copy, feel free. As long as you don't change names of powers, it's as easy as clicking.

M25's huh? is it any better then just using Ez hero? That's how I've been adding them, and it seems to work well enough.

UnkoMan

Well, you can add heroes en masse with his. And the powers get named in a way easier way to organize, and the dat files get added to so you can totally just paste in the descriptions. It's what I used and it was awesome.

Tomato

A tidbit here... I'm adding a bios page for the avatars we've added to the mod to the website. I've got what's on the Wiki, and I'm about to check the old permission thread for some others. However, I know that not everyone has bios up in eithor place *cough*AfghanAnt*cough*, and some of you probably have addendums to those bios, so if anyone wants to send me new/update bios for that page, my email is tomatoisjp@gmail.com . Don't worry about images, I'll be making up a new set of images based on the avatars you submitted, to keep everything fairly uniform and whatnot.

For those without bios, I'll probably just add a rediculous statement about how lazy you are and how much I hate you. No pressure though  :P

((for those without a sense of humor I AM KIDDING. Jebus))

Figure Fan

Quote from: Tomato on November 01, 2007, 08:53:56 PM
A tidbit here... I'm adding a bios page for the avatars we've added to the mod to the website. I've got what's on the Wiki, and I'm about to check the old permission thread for some others. However, I know that not everyone has bios up in eithor place *cough*AfghanAnt*cough*, and some of you probably have addendums to those bios, so if anyone wants to send me new/update bios for that page, my email is tomato@kotsproductions.com . Don't worry about images, I'll be making up a new set of images based on the avatars you submitted, to keep everything fairly uniform and whatnot.

For those without bios, I'll probably just add a rediculous statement about how lazy you are and how much I hate you. No pressure though  :P

((for those without a sense of humor I AM KIDDING. Jebus))

Hm, ok. What information is required for the bio? I can probably whip it up for you in no time.

Anything that is already out there is probably morbidly outdated..

Tomato

I think I'll keep to the format on the wiki(which was from some other project if I recall correctly), make things moderately simple

Edit:Grah, meant to post guidelines but forgot

Identity:
Legal Status:
Alias:
Place Of Birth:
Marital Status:
Group Affiliation:
Bases Of Operations:

Weight:
Eyes:
Hair:
Unusual Features:

Strength Level:
Known Powers:

History:

Tomato

Edit: Grah, posted in the wrong thread, sorry!

Tomato

Ok, upon investigating Prem's "How is a non-mod 40Mb?", I discovered that a fair sized chunk of the size was taken up by the library\character folder(about half of it when I started O.o), and much of that on skins. Now, there's not much we can do about most of it (images often tend to be on the large-ish side as far as files go), but just to help reduce size in the long run I'm adding a few new restrictions on image resolutions for skins.

- No skin may go above 512x512 pixels
- Useless, Blank or one-color tgas may not go above 64x64

I'm not exactly happy with #1 (I much prefer higher quality myself) but the fact is just by shrinking one person's skins down I brought the overall size down about 5MB, which is too big a difference to be ignored. #2 should be fairly standard though... if you aren't using your glow/refl layers, don't leave them at a 512 resolution...  :rolleyes: As for useless tgas, try not to include them if at all possible. We don't want people to have to wait 2 hours to download this because of a few useless tgas do we?  ;)

If you've already submitted something though, don't spaz out. I went ahead and altered the data I had, just to save time. This is just for other skins coming in.

Intensity

thanks Tomato :)  I've been pretty busy- but just wanted to say hi and thanks for the awesome job you are doing on this mod.

Kevin

The Hitman

Man, I really feel bad for asking this, but...

Could someone with FFvTR help me create a herofile? I only have FF1, and athough I won't be able to play this particular mod, I'd like to at least add to it. I know it's just added hassle to the astounding work youall've put into this project, so if you guys say "No, not really" I totally understand. Thanks.

vamp

*bump*

Well finally my submission

Vamp
Skin/Mesh/Herofile
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/joeskins/files/Originals/

hover description:Part human, part bat, all crime fighter
Full description:Kidnapped as a baby, he knows but one name to call himself, VAMP. VAMP is a genetically engineered project of a group named EVO. After changing his genetics to match that of a bat, he was to be hypnotized into following their orders. But before they could, he broke out using his new found powers. He now cleans the streets of all evil.

Power Descriptions
Punch-What do you think?
Combo- blows from the shadows
Shriek-an ear shattering burst of sound
feedback- a beam of repulsing sound
by any means- do what you got to do
extreme feedback- blast from an amp
smokescreen- good for disappearing
Rage!-going from thought to instinct
inner-ear pan - messes with your balance

If they are any conflicts with names just rename them to "Bat (original name)"

Thanks

UnkoMan

Quote from: The Hitman on November 21, 2007, 06:47:41 AM
Man, I really feel bad for asking this, but...

Could someone with FFvTR help me create a herofile? I only have FF1, and athough I won't be able to play this particular mod, I'd like to at least add to it. I know it's just added hassle to the astounding work youall've put into this project, so if you guys say "No, not really" I totally understand. Thanks.

Hitman, I'm sure plenty are willing to help with this. Send me a PM about what powers you want, and link to the mesh/skin and I could whip you up a hero file. In fact... you could rehash a FF one (adding or omiting things you think would be cool that you find in FFX) and use that. Best bet, really.

YoungHeros

I'm going to make my submission soon :cool:

She's going to be uber-powerful... is that okay? ^_^

GGiant

Quote from: YoungHeros on January 19, 2008, 03:25:25 AM
She's going to be uber-powerful... is that okay? ^_^
How do you define "uber-powerful", she's gonna beat everybody?

YoungHeros

Actually I have to make it before I know it

catastrophe

yeah i was wondering about that too, how much are your heroes costing?

YoungHeros

I haven't made her file yet :oops:

But GGiant if your avatar is Galactus-powerful, he could just eat her or something :P

UnkoMan

Quote from: catastrophe on January 19, 2008, 04:20:58 AM
yeah i was wondering about that too, how much are your heroes costing?

If you've checked the original thread, we don't worry about character cost. The best balance is play balance, but at the same time people should be allowed to make the herofiles they want. Some avatars ARE more powerful than others...

Granted, that doesn't mean you should just go overboard and make the most powerful hero you can. Just stay true to character and it should be alright.

YoungHeros

Quote from: UnkoMan on January 19, 2008, 10:08:32 AM
Granted, that doesn't mean you should just go overboard and make the most powerful hero you can. Just stay true to character and it should be alright.

And I will stay true to my character :cool:

GGiant

Quote from: YoungHeros on January 19, 2008, 04:34:39 AM
I haven't made her file yet :oops:

But GGiant if your avatar is Galactus-powerful, he could just eat her or something :P
My avatar will not really be "uber-powerful" but a little in the middle of Darkseid and Anti Monitor, I guess. :unsure:

|