• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Influx (New junk 12/18)

Started by Tomato, May 06, 2007, 02:12:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomato

Now that I have expended the nescessary blood, sweat, tears, and $104 (don't ask, it's complicated) Influx is online. It's currently only hosting my skins, but I'm inviting any other skinners, or meshers who would like a place to host their stuff to send me an email with a preview of their work, and we'll work on what to do from there. I'm still learning this process too, so forgive me if at first I have problems setting up accounts or whatever

BatWing

great site!
i didn't know u made a ult spider-man skin

djfredski

Influx is realy cool man.
way to go and i can't to see what next.

tommyboy

Always good to see a new site open.
I look forward to seeing more stuff.

cripp12

very nice.  That is also a very generous offer to house other skins and meshes.  I hope it comes into play due to the extinction of the other sites.

Dr.Volt

Great looking site.  REALLY like the ult spidey skin!   :cool:

Tomato

I find it intersting that the most here found my ultimate spider-man skin, which had already been released to my yahoo group, to be the best of the bath O.o

Anyway, to those of you noticing a problem right as this is being posted, that's just me screwing around. I'm setting the whole thing up as a frames page so I don't have to update every page when I want to fix the sidebar

Tomato

Ok, a few things actually with this update.

I've added Afghan Ant early because it might take me longer then intended to finish Syn, but whatever, that just means Syn's will be that much more awesome (and he better like it too  <_< Grr...)

Unfortunately, because of a series of events I won't bother going into, Helios has been taken down, and will likely never be put back up. Kirk Sigmon (Kirk@gametrash.com) who created the basics of the character, while not exactly asking me to take it down, recently expressed a certain ammount of contempt for my using the character any further. I'll be honest, I hate the guy, but I do respect his ownership of the character, so it's been taken down.

GGiant

When I clicked afghan ant it doesn't work.

Tomato

I uploaded the file, I know I did *mutters to himself irritatedly*

It's fixed now. For some reason the zip didn't upload the first time. GRAH!

Tomato

Ok, new stuff again! It's been awhile huh? Well, here's a quote from the update page so I don't have to type again...

QuoteOk, so we have a lot of new stuff for you guys today, and I'll try to sum everything up for you guys.

First, all the old skins have been updated. I'm somewhat lazy (in the same sense that Mohinder is somewhat stupid) so when I updated before I sort of "forgot" to do the portraits... They have them now. I also used the opportunity to upgrade some of my readme files in response to some of the PM's and posts I've been getting (as well as an update to a particular readme's FR commentary, for those who caught that the first time around).

Second, we have a rather large (for me, anyway) crop of skins this time. We have The Sharkmentm, Hellscorp, God Girl (Young Hero's Avatar) and, for the very first time, a downloadable copy of the Magnificent, the Outstanding, the ZOMG Awesome...

TOMATO BASE

Yeah, it's sort of bad, but I still recommend it to other skinners regardless. It's a decent Anime or Cartoon style base, and even if you aren't using that, I encourage you to use the neck from, I spent some time getting that area right.

YoungHeros

Is it already Christmas? ;)

I will work on her history soon ^_^

billdamn22

Great looking site, Tomato. Thanks for the update. I can't wait to get that Hellscorp skin!

GGiant

Quote from: billdamn22 on December 19, 2007, 05:21:26 AM
Great looking site, Tomato. Thanks for the update. I can't wait to get that Hellscorp skin!
It's released hours ago. :)

Tomato

I think he just meant he can't wait until he's got a chance to play with it, not when I uploaded it

Tomato

Just to note here... Carrivagio, Podmark, and the new Tomato have just been released.