• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Sarah Connor Chronicles

Started by clownprince, July 27, 2007, 06:47:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clownprince

anyone hear about this?  :huh:

crimsonquill

I managed to get a DVD copy of some of this years pilots.... Among them was The Sara Conner Chronicles which I was more then excited to immediatly toss into my DVD player.

My review is here: http://freedomreborn.net/archive/index.php?topic=43696.0

- CrimsonQuill

thalaw2

I just caught up on this.   Great series!  They completely wiped out T3 and went with the Cameron films as cannon.  It works.  When was this aired in the US?  Is there a season 2?

House Quake

Good series I expect to see back in the fall.  I believe it was one of many series which ran a shortened season due to the writers strike.

catwhowalksbyhimself

It has officially been renewed for a second season.

Shogunn2517

The first season reairs next month.  The second season premieres Sept 8th.

AncientSpirit

Good series.  I like how John Connors starts to evolve into who he's to become.

docdelorean88

Loved it! This is as streight forward as you can get when you make a movie into a tv show, while adding a few subtle changes of course. And to think my hopes had been low when i first started watching it. I had originally started to watch it because summer glau [Who I know from Firefly: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firefly_(TV_series)   ] is in it as the new terminator.

Mr. Hamrick

the "Summer Glau" factor is the same reason i started watching it

but it's not a bad show.

MJB

Holy muck.

Thank you Hulu for hosting all 9 episodes of the first season for me. I greatly appreciate it.

The first season was a worthy successor to the Terminator films. I loved everything that happened. Who would have thunk that Brian Austin Green would be a bad a$$ in this series? Not me, that's for sure.

The twist at the end of the season 2 premier was awesome. I loved it along with the fact that John cut his shaggy tweenager locks.

I have converted over to the other side. Color me terminated.

PS: I did not watch "T3" and I'm glad I didn't. The producers of this series have stated that "T3" didn't happen in this universe.

-MJB

Kommando

I've really enjoyed this since it aired diring the writer's strike.  And its getting more interesting.  One thought that has been stuck in my head is whether or not Skynet is indeed unified or if there are factions, schisms, or terminators with their own agendas.  And for that matter, I've been intrigued and disturbed how terminators in this show have names (Cameron, Cromartie, Catherine Weaver - hmmm they all start with a C...).

thalaw2

Quote from: MJB on September 10, 2008, 11:33:47 PM

PS: I did not watch "T3" and I'm glad I didn't. The producers of this series have stated that "T3" didn't happen in this universe.

-MJB

T3 isn't a bad movie.  It could have been done differently but it does fit well into the Terminator mythos.  That said it would not have worked as part of the TV series and is better left alone. 

Podmark

Apparently ratings are poor right now and the series' future is in jeopardy if there isn't improvement. Not really surprising as the show faced similar questions after the first season.

I want to like this show. Terminator is a cool movie series and I adore Summer Glau but so far the series hasn't clicked for me. It's not bad but it's not always interesting and I feel it lacks a strong direction. 

MJB

Thanks to the awesomness that is Hulu.com I can say that I've watched every episode to date. What's that? I've already said that?! Well excuse me.

The series is in jeopardy you say? I can believe it. This series relies heavily on the fact that you have seen the first two movies and have seen each and every episode of the series. If you missed a couple episodes you are screwed.

I love this show and I hope that it makes it to at least season 5 but if it gets cancelled during season 2 I can't say I would be surprised.

B A D

The show as a huge fundimental flaw in it. How many @$@#$@#$ terminators did skynet send to take out Sarah Connor? So far, im counting at least 5, including 3 suuuuuuper secret prototypes. With that amount of Terminocity availible it makes the machines themselves less unique and kinda poo poos the notion that Skynet was on the ropes when apparently it had a freaking conveyor belt dropping terminators willy nilly into the time machine.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quoteand kinda poo poos the notion that Skynet was on the ropes

The timeline has been altered so many times, it may be that Skynet was never beaten that badly.  In fact, it seems from references in the series, that Skynet may in fact be winning the war, or at least holding its own, in the current future timeline.

thalaw2

This is the freakiest show I've watched i a long time and I'm loving it!

[spoiler]The writers have expanded the story very well.  It's not just about going back in time to kill John.  It's about insuring survival.  I can't make out if the T1000 Irish chic is good or evil.  Her purpose for being sent back seems to insure the existence of Skynet, but at the same time she's been working counter productive to creating a machine that will destroy half of humanity.  I also like the idea of alternate futures and the methods they used for avoiding jumping the shark....very clever expanding the cast.   

Anyway, anyone who has seen T3 knows that D-day is inevitable and that's the point of the terminator universise.  I'm guessing this show will onliy deal with how to delay things not matter how postive they look.  I can't want to see how they teach John Henry the 10 commandments.[/spoiler]

catwhowalksbyhimself

You are looking for this thread.

http://freedomreborn.net/archive/index.php?topic=43726.0

[MOD EDIT]

Topics merged. Have a nice day. :)

[/MOD EDIT]