• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Jurassic Park IV - Really??!!?!?

Started by Agent, August 13, 2007, 05:18:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agent

Jurassic Park IV Story Details Revealed

I've never been to this site before so I don't know how accurate they are but dinosaurs with machine guns?  That has the potential to be either a complete train wreck or the must spectacularly awesome movie in the history of popcorn.  I'm leaning towards train wreck.   :P

crimsonquill

MMmmmm... I say that sounds more like misinformation to me. Maybe the plot is more like dinos being made into cyborgs so they could be easier to control... which sounds interesting if they get the right writers to play it out in a sci-fi/horror kind of way. They already exhausted every other dino story they could do with those islands "accidently" being populated especially since they would be surrounded by military gunships by this point (escaped dinos in the city from Lost World and a plane crash landing in JP3). Maybe a few dozen cyber-Raptors and a Robo-Rex being unleashed into a battlefield might be worth watching.

- CrimsonQuill

lugaru

Bloody disgusting is reputable, although their source may not be.

It's hilarious because growing up we would rent at this place that mostly had pirate VHS copies of movies, often when they where still in the theaters. We would always joke that the guy's copies where getting more and more ahead of the vhs release and that eventually he would rent movies before they where in post production.

"Hey there! I just got Jurassic park 4! It's really cool but they havent done most of the CGI stuff yet, so when you see the guy's shooting the guns just picture that they are shooting them at dinosaurs!".

GogglesPizanno

AICN got a copy of the script a few years ago and this in fact was the plot then.
Who knows how many rewrites have happened since, but I think the basic details of the plot are legit.

What I find funny is that:

Part 1 -  You had a cast.

Part 2 - Everyone bails but Jeff Goldblum is like, uh ok I'll do it.

Part 3 - Goldblum bails, but Sam Neil (who bailed on part 2) is like, uh ok I'll do it.

Part 4 - Sam Neil bails, but Laura Dern (who bailed on 2 and 3) is like, uh ok I'll do it.

Its like you can track who from the original cast needs a paycheck by what movie the agree to return in...
(Cameos don't count before someone mentions it)

stumpy

Weapon-wielding dinos? Is that idea really the crutch upon which this cinematic debacle is leaning? If so, I would seriously suggest that they instead re-release the first Jurassic Park, with the ending edited to correspond to Crichton's original ending in the book, where they just nuke the island to tie up the loose ends.

Talavar

Quote from: crimsonquill on August 13, 2007, 05:51:39 PM
They already exhausted every other dino story they could do with those islands "accidently" being populated especially since they would be surrounded by military gunships by this point
- CrimsonQuill

Except for the one story I wanted to see immediately at the end of part III: soldiers with heavy weapons vs. dinosaurs!  Think Aliens, but with velociraptors and tyrannosaurs.

RTTingle

Been hearing this rumor about JP4 for quite a while now...

... if I remember correctly --- they actually did a JP comic book tot his idea.

This idea is so...

... Sci-Fi movie of the week.

RTT

detourne_me

I want it to be like the transformers movie,  that would be rad.  just seeing laser-raptors and gattling gun t-rex's destroying cities.  actually just edit D-War and Tranformers together,  then call it Dino-Riders.  yeah sweet.

BatWing

minus well make a torok movie :mellow:

lugaru

Quote from: detourne_me on August 13, 2007, 11:45:24 PM
I want it to be like the transformers movie,  that would be rad.  just seeing laser-raptors and gattling gun t-rex's destroying cities.  actually just edit D-War and Tranformers together,  then call it Dino-Riders.  yeah sweet.

I owned several dino-rider toys but didint make the reference because I couldent remember their name for the life of me.

Im willing to bet they are going to market this one like snakes on a plane. THIS SUMMER.... DINOSAURS... WITH GUNS!

Jakew

We used to be four ordinary teenagers, until one day,
We met some new friends from out of town.
(Dino-Saucers)
They were called Dino-Saucers
My friends and I became the secret scouts (Dino-Saucers)
Allies to these Dino-Saucers from Outer Space
And joined in their battle against Ghengis Rex and the evil Tyrannos.
"The Dino-Saucers are leaving, Boss-osaur!!"
"Well, Follow them!!!"

TheMarvell

I like JP, but if they continue the series in the devolving manner it's been going down, I'll be sad. Honestly, there's only so much you can do with the "dinosaur island + stranded" idea, but giving the dinosaurs guns? Ugh, that sounds like a really, really bad direct-to-video idea.

If it were up to me, I'd have a mix of dino island + dino's on main land. It would involve some ethical and environmental controversies and ultimately use ideas that weren't used in the book, finally ending in nuking the island, maybe playing up the angle that man is still the most ferocious predator, or something along those lines.

Of course, then they'd probably make a JP5 with mutated dinos ultra horror fest.

When I heard Sam Neil, Jeff Goldblum, and Laura Dern would return, I thought it could be cool, but with Sam out, and probably the others too, just leave JP alone.

UnkoMan

This is pretty old news, actually. I've been hearing about it for years. But you know what? Dinosaurs with guns are COOL. Remember that old comic with the dinosaur mercenaries? It'll be like that but sweeter because Laura Dern will be in it.

herodad1