• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

FRPMods.com- Grab stuff while you can!

Started by Previsionary, September 10, 2007, 06:27:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Previsionary

For those of you who still have access to the site, it has recently be updated. Nothing big for now, but for those who didn't know:

QuoteSeptember 9: cmdrkoenig67's long over due maps, Ego and Creepy house, are finally added to the site for everyone to grab.

Previsionary

QuoteSeptember 26: Premonitioner releases 2 mods to the FF public for FFVTTR: The long awaited Exiles mod and G'day: the mod, a secret santa gift.

Previsionary

QuoteFebruary 4: The Wolverine Christmas mod is finally added to the main site.

Wow, giant update and 2 months late.  :rolleyes:

Previsionary

Matrix Revolutions Mod added to the main site. Go download it before we sell out...or something.

apfarmakis

Sorry to post here but I can't seem to download the mod - it's loading in the browser window.

Conduit

Right click on the download link and select "Save target as."  Just like the instructions say.

apfarmakis

For some reason it was saving as html but I saved and renamed.

Previsionary

Sorry to inform the community of this but...FRPMods is gone for good, so I hope you got everything you wanted before it went kablammy. While I may have most of the stuff backed up on a cd somewhere, I probably won't be uploading anything anytime soon. So, it was a fun run, but it's gone. Many thanks to Mikeb7 for hosting it as long as he did.

The_Baroness

will miss the site :( thankfully i got almost everything that was hosted there..

another jewel in the comunity that disapear....

hope it returns sometime

MikeB7

I apologize for the quick exit of the site.  Here's the story behind it:

The renewal was coming up in the next month or two, and I knew I wasn't going to renew.  I haven't been involved in Freedom Force for about three years now.   :blink:  The webhost, MySiteSpace, was alright in the beginning but changes in policy, account management, the control panel - it's just gone downhill to the point where it was a hassle to do anything with them.  The times the site went down, it was hell trying to get a decent answer - or even a conversation going.  I'd open a trouble ticket, they'd respond and close the ticket.  To continue a discussion, I'd have to open *another* ticket, and so on.  And the contact people were never much of a help.  Adding to that, changes to the control panel of the site made management very confusing and limited.  They removed all account information, so I could not find a date for when the renewal was to take place.  The actual finances are done through a third party and it was set up as an automatic deduction.  Going through old emails, I was able to find the account number, and canceled the recurring charge.  I figured this would set things in motion.  Something like when the auto-renew bill was sent to the third party and rejected, the site would disappear.  Or MySiteSpace would make me jump through hoops such as phone calls, faxing a signed document or just answer questions before the account was officially cancelled.  But no, the one time they're actually efficient...  Within a few hours, the site was gone.  Again, I apologize for the hasty disappearance.  I'd planned to post and give a heads up with a few weeks' notice.  But this all just happened last night and blammo, it's gone.  Thanks for the support of the site, I'm glad people enjoyed it and made use of it, whether as a downloader or all the creative people who made it what it was.

MikeB7

Quote from: ips on July 02, 2008, 10:55:11 AM

i did some checking and determined the problem is not billing mike. it is DNS related. i have some influence with the people at mysitespace and i had them email you instructions on what you need to do to correct the problem. either you or prev will have to update the nameservers for the domain FRPMods.com to properly point your domain to your hosting services. details are in the email you've been sent. if you have any questions let me know.

i know it's really easy to blame the company etc, but it sometimes pays to look into the situation properly to find out what the real problem is so that it is effectively resolved. it took me 5 mins to determine the problem without talking to anyone there yet.

I dunno...  The site was up yesterday.  I cancelled the site last night.  The site is gone today.  So yeah, it's kinda confusing to me.  I've had the domain name managed by MyDotNames.net since purchasing the webspace.  It's where I was directed to by MySiteSpace.  Though the email tells me to go to access.enom.com - a service that isn't on their main site and I was never told about, if they'd changed the way they handle things.  See what I'm saying?  It's confusing to the regular consumer.

Either way, I pointed the domain to the new nameservers in the email using the account at MyDotNames.net.  Perhaps the site will return for however long the actual webhosting account has left (which is still a mystery to me, as the Client Login on the MySiteSpace page just takes you to the site control panel, not any webhosting account area).  Thanks for the info tho - and if it does return for however long, downloaders will have you to thank for it.

ow_tiobe_sb

The site appears to be active.  I just accessed it.  :thumbup:

ow_tiobe_sb
Phantom Bunburyist and Fop o' th' Morning

MikeB7

Back up for me now, too.  Thanks IPS.   :)

Though I still don't quite get it...  Mysitespace changed their nameservers?  Shouldn't they have emailed their subscribers the new nameserver addresses when they did it?

Grab stuff while you can, folks!

Previsionary

annnnnnnd, thread title has been updated to reflect the current state of the site.

Previsionary

the site seems to be down again...or under construction (using a gif I have never seen used, but do remember coming across before)...or something. *shrugs*

FRP is totally cursed!  :o

*end dramatics*

manboy

great job guys  :thumbup: , im gona check it out now. Im sure ive got most of the stuff up there but if i find any problems ill post them here.

Previsionary

Just a note, most of my mods and some of Lude's skins will probably remain down until Mondayish. We'll see.

cmdrkoenig67

IPS and Prev....You are both awesome!  Thanks guys!

Dana

UnfluffyBunny

slightly offtopic :P
but seeing as IPS is knowledgable about the workings of mysitespace, just thought i'd ask if ya know how  retrieve a site "adress"
technically, freedom asylum is still up "somewhere" but mysitespace has been refusing for months to give me an adress to point the domain name to, despite the fact they keep charging me >_>.

much like mikey my experience was great at first and after year 1 it turned into "ok, we have your money now, we'll get back to you when we feel like it"

House Quake

Quote from: UnfluffyBunny on August 21, 2008, 09:53:37 AM
slightly offtopic :P
but seeing as IPS is knowledgable about the workings of mysitespace, just thought i'd ask if ya know how  retrieve a site "adress"
technically, freedom asylum is still up "somewhere" but mysitespace has been refusing for months to give me an adress to point the domain name to, despite the fact they keep charging me >_>.

much like mikey my experience was great at first and after year 1 it turned into "ok, we have your money now, we'll get back to you when we feel like it"

I actually feel kinda bad about the turn you, Mike and others had in dealing with this host... because I suggested them back when.

My only reason for not shifting host after the company changed focus has been the sheer hastle that a full relocate would cause.  The service was great to me for years... then suddenly... ughhhhhhhhhhhhh.   They shifted away from being a budget host and stripped away a lot of what made them appealung to begin with.

I hope you can get your problems resolved.

Previsionary

Soooo, another update.

This may be FRP's last life line as IPS informed me that it may go down permanently this time around (I'll let him explain the reasoning behind that if he so chooses). So, with FRP going down again (it's the spider-girl of the FR world), this means the following items are going to disappear: A good deal of the FFVTTR mods (I have most of them except the matrix mods backed up on a usb stick), Some unreleased stuff you weren't going to see anyway, tons of maps (this includes the ones of FXForce), a few skins (I have them all on cd), Teen Titans mod, some of conduit's coding tricks (I have those as well), some "Strangers" stuff, and the XDR mod.

We'll see if any of this changes in the future, but as of now, these things are unavailable...again.

*I say this now since I can't log onto the ftp site at all and all the pages disappeared + some of the files I named*

EDIT:

the site seems to be back AGAIN. I'll assume IPS pulled off some fancy magic as all the pages + files magically restored themselves a few minutes ago...after I spent all day downloading stuff to ensure all the content could be restored. Heh.

MJB

The bottom line is that the doors may be closing! Grab all the bargains that you can. FF content like this doesn't grow on trees, you know?

-MJB

Blitzgott

Ouch! It's down again.

It was normal yesterday, though.

I wish I knew it wouldn't last until today. I'd have downloaded everything I could yesterday, then.

Previsionary

yep, it seems to be fully down (again) and i no longer have ftp control. YAY! So, see my earlier post for all the things that will be unaccessible--for now? who knows.... On the plus side, I have mostly everything downloaded and backed up except conduit's three matrix mods.

cmdrkoenig67

Craps!  Anyway...I have all my stuff on my computer still.

Dana

Previsionary

Thanks to the awesomeness that is IPS...

FRP is back in action...again. ^_^  You may all thank him now.

cmdrkoenig67

Blitzgott

Previsionary

I was just about to post. Yes, the site is dead again. Might be down for a good while. Might be forever. Dunnnnnnno. If IPS can restore the site, I'll let you know. Otherwise...consider it dead with an off chance of revival.

In other news, most of the stuff is backed up for archive purposes, so once I finish that, you'll most likely be able to grab some old stuff...unless I rebuild the site as well...then it'll be an even longer wait. :P

In other news, if anyone has Conduit's mods download (original exes + patches), lemme know.

Previsionary

MMMK, the site is back again. You can go and thank IPS and sir Middy for their assistance. And when I say back up, I mean all the links "should" be working (IE: maps on fxforce). If something doesn't work or isn't fully uploaded, lemme know.

In other news, I'm working on some other stuff...so you might see an update...you might not.