• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Looking for interest: Wild Talents

Started by Sword, September 13, 2007, 06:57:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sword

I'm looking for people who'd be interested in a game using the Wild Talents rules. The book is out of print, but I can help create characters and aid in understanding the rules if you wish.

I want to run one of two ideas:
First is MOOKS! a game where you play the henchmen of villains in a four-color world who have decided to hand in the two week's notice and go legit.
The other is Random Acts where characters have an act of kindness or cruelty amped up to superhuman levels: so a person who donated a rare blood type can heal, or an identity thief can mimic the image and abilities of the one he's stealing.

Post here if you're interested in either.

for more information on wild talents, check arcdream.com

BlueBard

Looks interesting, but I've got all the posting games I can handle right now.

Glitch Girl

Good luck Sword - I'm up to my eyeballs sadly, but maybe the next one.

kkhohoho

bredon7777

Sword

If I can get one more player, I'll get down to it.
ANd for those interested, we're playing "Mooks!"

Rick Battlemage

This seems pretty interesting, I'm in if you need me.  ^_^

Sword

All right, Rick's back around. I'm trying to decide whether this should be on the forum or done in the shack. IF I did pick the shack, I'd pretty much be available all night from 7 to 11 Eastern Time. Not sure what that translates to for the netherlands, but I bet Rick does.

Rick Battlemage

hehe hrm... that would be from 2 am 'till 6 am my time, I might not be able to make it  :rolleyes:

Sword

all right then we'll do it here.  Unless someone else here has the book, here's what I'd like to try:
Give me a character concept of some nameless minion working for a four color supervillain. Tell me what kind of powers and skills you'd like your characters to have and what the gimmick of the supervillain is. Then I will write up character sheets for your perusal. Sound good, everyone?

Volsung

Sword

A second edition is in the works, which will be released in print and pdf format.

Rick Battlemage

Maybe we should try to brainstorm a bit?

I was thinking of a mook who has a cape (or maybe a cloak or a raincoat :P) which he can form patterns on to disorient people, he also has a symbiotic relationship with the cape and talks to it every now and then :P something like that...

my other concept was a mook with the power to control cardboard. Shape it to his will and create cardboard constructs to fight opponents.

So, any thoughts on it?

Sword

Well, in Wild Talents, "Control" is its own power, and can be applied to anything. I figure though that paper control is better than cardboard control, like in Read or Die.

What kind of villain would give his mooks the power to control paper or cardboard? Is it the kind of guy who truly wants word domination, or just to screw with the heroes' minds? Think about it.

bearded

i'd like to try, if you might be willing to take a fifth.  otherwise, consider me on hold for an opening, for future reference.

Sword

Sure I've got space. PM me your idea for the villain your mook stepped out from under, what kind of gimmick he has, two superpowers you'd like your mook to have, and seven real-life skills.

bearded

i'll think it over tonight, and have an answer for you on the morrow.

Sword

Sorry about this, but I've been going through a lot of stuff with my mom and dad's medical conditions and I'm going to have to let this idea drop.

bredon7777

No worries. Do whatever's best for you.  And good luck.

R