• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Green Lantern FX

Started by crocodamon, September 22, 2007, 07:20:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crocodamon

Where i can find Green LAntern and Sinestro FX?

murs47

crocodamon

Thank u very much Murs, and congratulations for the amazing work  :lol:

pr1983

(sorry, i figure bumping > new thread)

anyways, i did get previsionary's gl fx pack, and it is awesome. i'm just wondering if there are any other gl packs? its just that i have john, hal, guy and wog pretty much sorted, but kyle is being a problem, as he tends to make giant characters to fight for him, like the giant viking on qward, or when he made a giant supergirl when they fought doomsday...

i tried to get the green raptors working, but they don't work on ffx 3.3 (they're blank as standard, and if i try to get a newer version, all i get is some weird black box)

i tried the green golem thing from fx force, but the link is busted...

just wondering if there's any going around the forum that would suit kyle (some would even suit guy too)

anyways, thanks in advance, even though this forum is probably losing its patience with me right now... :oops:

daglob

Ahem...

... if you know how to use a graphics program ,like Photoshop you can make some characters green and let Kyle summon them, like Superman, The Flash, Solomon Grundy, The Human Torch, Ash (from Army of Darkness), Loopy Wolf's Dalek and K-9...

They would be kitbashes, and not available for general distribution.

pr1983

i do actually know a decent bit of photoshop... is there a tutorial for this?

murs47

Quote from: pr1983 on November 29, 2008, 12:37:44 PM

open up the skin file >
select a neon green with your eyedrop tool >
press CTRL+U to bring up the hue/saturation dialogue box >
click the "colorize" check box in the bottom right corner >
turn up the saturation and brightness until you get the desired effect >
press ok >
and save and quit.

That should do the trick. I hope.

pr1983

Quote from: murs47 on November 29, 2008, 12:46:38 PM
Quote from: pr1983 on November 29, 2008, 12:37:44 PM

open up the skin file >
select a neon green with your eyedrop tool >
press CTRL+U to bring up the hue/saturation dialogue box >
click the "colorize" check box in the bottom right corner >
turn up the saturation and brightness until you get the desired effect >
press ok >
and save and quit.

That should do the trick. I hope.

lol, i didnt mean that part. i meant making them summonable in the game... :oops:

murs47

Quotelol, i didnt mean that part. i meant making them summonable in the game... icon_redface

Heh...sometimes I R stoopit. :mellow:

pr1983

lol, how do you think i feel?

murs47

pr1983

*cries*

here's a quick mock up i did colouring over c6's awesome sentinel skin:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

i just need to figure out how to get him in game...

and yes, i know thats a marvel character being summoned... :(

daglob

Kyle being DC property didn't stop me from including a Dalek, K-9 (I've actually replaced K-9 with
Ash), Ash and The Human Torch. Kyle draws comics, maybe he reads them too.

Someplace I got a character called Doombot that is actually a Sentinel with a differnt skin.

Previsionary

As a side note, I'm fairly sure most of Spud's GL fx got packaged in the ff1 version of ezfx (dunno why that fx pack went down...I grabbed them like a few months ago). If you really want them, you can go through all those fx folders + textures and reinstall them on FFVTTR. Doesn't that sound fun? Fun in a can indeed.

bearded

i'm intrigued.  how to summon constructs.  i think ffx is the way to go.
private army would work, but it's not perfect for this.
is there an fx that lets you summon allies on command?  and is there a good ai for help?  the cop ai i know of.
how would you differentiate between controllable constructs and ai driven cops?

catwhowalksbyhimself

Well, the summoner attribute is made exactly for this, you know.

bearded

there are so many ffx attributes, i haven't checked them all out yet.  all i have to do is give the character summoner, set up the constructs in ffedit, and then use the control center to set the specifics?

pr1983

Quote from: Previsionary on November 29, 2008, 11:57:36 PM
As a side note, I'm fairly sure most of Spud's GL fx got packaged in the ff1 version of ezfx (dunno why that fx pack went down...I grabbed them like a few months ago). If you really want them, you can go through all those fx folders + textures and reinstall them on FFVTTR. Doesn't that sound fun? Fun in a can indeed.

aye, lots and lots of fun...

i've been to the ffx site, and tried to find a way to, well, actually utilise the summoner attribute... it's still leaving me scratching my head a little, i'm sad to say...

daglob

Hey! Everybody goes through that stage.

pr1983

yay for collective confusion!

Mystik

Quote from: pr1983 on December 01, 2008, 05:57:20 PM
Quote from: Previsionary on November 29, 2008, 11:57:36 PM

aye, lots and lots of fun...

i've been to the ffx site, and tried to find a way to, well, actually utilise the summoner attribute... it's still leaving me scratching my head a little, i'm sad to say...

what exactly is your problem with summoner attribute? did you give your gl the attribute? did you run the control  center after ? did you read the manual? what exactly isnt working? the ffx manual is pretty straight foward

pr1983

i gave kyle summoner level 3. quit the game, ran the control centre. it said various things that he could summon. i went to the manual, and although it explained what the actual summoner attribute does, i couldn't find where it actually said where to apply it in game...

i know, i know, its probably staring me in the face... :oops:

Mystik

Quote from: pr1983 on December 02, 2008, 11:09:49 AM
i gave kyle summoner level 3. quit the game, ran the control centre. it said various things that he could summon. i went to the manual, and although it explained what the actual summoner attribute does, i couldn't find where it actually said where to apply it in game...

i know, i know, its probably staring me in the face... :oops:

i dont get what your saying. what do you need to apply?- after you ran the control center and restarted your game, did you test your gl in the rumble room? you just click someone or thing and select summon this or summon that

pr1983

Quote from: Mystik on December 02, 2008, 11:16:24 AM
i dont get what your saying. what do you need to apply?- after you ran the control center and restarted your game, did you test your gl in the rumble room? you just click someone or thing and select summon this or summon that

it must be something to do with the control centre that i'm not doing... i'll go back to the manual and try to figure it out...

and yeah, i just tested him out, no such luck...

i'm sorry guys, i must come accross as such a noob... y'all have been very patient with me, and i appreciate it...

pr1983

i figured out what i wasn't doing. and i feel sooo dumb.

i was running the control centre, but not actually saving the settings on kyle...

once i did that, i was picking on poor logan lol...