• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Battle of the Batmen! New Hurt and Heal!!

Started by Uncle Yuan, September 24, 2007, 12:48:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Spam

Tomato

JKCarrier

Reepicheep

Hurt West - c'mon, guys! Nearly got him!
Heal Terry

Glitch Girl

Uncle Yuan

I'm an optimist -

Heal West
Hurt McGinnis

Which means me and GG just cancelled each other out.

The Hitman

Heal West (For making fun of himself on The Fairly Oddparents)

Hurt TAS (Too big of a lead)

Mystik

Panther_Gunn

Hurt West

Heal Bale (he's gonna lose to TAS, anyway)

Uncle Yuan

So let's put this one to bed

Round 8 is over.

Batman - TAS/Timmverse     17
Batman Beyond - Terry McGinnis     11
Adam West     3
Christian Bale     10

OUT
Val Kilmer -1
George Clooney 0
Superfriends (Hannah-Barbara)     -1
Robert Lowrey ('49 serial)     -1
Lewis Wilson ('43 serial)     -2
The Batman     -1
Micheal Keaton     -1
New Adventures of Bat Man (Filmation)     -1

Much to my own dismay, TAS was randomly tapped to be "Mighty Batman" this round, turning its other wise even run into a +3.  Adam West's 12 votes drop him by two while McGinnis and Bale more-or-less tread water.

Given TAS's overwhelming lead at this point, I'm going to declare Bruce Timm's excellent version of Batman, Batman: The Animated Series, the Best Broadcast/Movie Batman of Current Time!

But since I'm running the game, I'm going to give an honorable mention to Adam West as the Toughest Broadcast/Movie Batman of Current Time.  Seriously people, every single round he had at least 50% more votes than the next "busiest" contestant (sometimes more like twice as many) and was still standing at the end.  That's gotta be worth something!

Thanks for playing everyone!

Glitch Girl

Yay TAS!  :)

Good game Yuan.  I'd forgotten how fun these were. 

BentonGrey

Hooray!  All honor to TAS!  Haha, this was a lot of fun, and you definitely have to give Adam West credit, there is a lot of love for his goofy version of Batman, even if there is also a lot of hate.

Uncle Yuan

Adam West is definitely a part of the Batman.  Not only did he portray the first large market live version, but he has been involved with many other aspect of the character.  Not only the Grey Ghost as BG alluded,  but he and Burt Ward reprised their roles as the Dynamic Duo in Hana-Barbara's depictions of them - both Superfriends as their guest appearances on Scooby-do.

Spam

w00t! I never gave up on the West, and he's still alive! Every single heal I was given went straight to him.

*sniffle* They grow up so fast...

FORIAMSPAM!

JKCarrier

As the man himself might say, "Some days, you just can't get rid of Adam West!"  :lol:

The Hitman

Quote from: Spam on October 09, 2007, 12:43:39 PM
w00t! I never gave up on the West, and he's still alive! Every single heal I was given went straight to him.

*sniffle* They grow up so fast...

FORIAMSPAM!

Same here! I never gave up on TV's Adam West!

kkhohoho

I never really West myself.  Forgive me if I can't remember the following quote exactly.

"If only I could reach my bat-shark repellent..."

Seriously, if there's any reason to dislike West, it's that scene.  And the scene where he's running around with a giant bomb in broad daylight.  There's even more examples in the show then in the movie, but they would be too many to count.  I can remember one distinct line of cheese though.

"Holy ________ Batman!"

The Hitman

You mean the "Shark Repellant Bat- Spray?"

kkhohoho

JKCarrier

Quote from: kkhohoho on October 09, 2007, 03:32:55 PM
Seriously, if there's any reason to dislike West, it's that scene.  And the scene where he's running around with a giant bomb in broad daylight.

The scene with the bomb is a genuine cinema classic, and I'm not being even remotely sarcastic. The fact that everyone will immediately recognize the scene just from the description "the one where Batman runs around with the bomb" tells you how memorable and brilliantly staged it was (if there's anyone who hasn't seen it, here it is on YouTube). It's both hilariously funny, and genuinely suspenseful. The way they raise the stakes to even more ridiculous degrees every passing moment (No, not the Salvation Army Band! Not the nuns! Noooo, NOT THE BABY DUCKS!!!) rivals the best Bugs Bunny cartoons or Marx Brothers movies. Pure genius.

Glitch Girl

Longest.  Fuse.  Ever.  :D

It's an odd thing.  When I was a kid, I hated the 60's Batman show, but when I got older, somehow, it got funnier and more clever.  Some of the delivery was an absolute riot. 

Now I do prefer my Batman to be a little (okay, a whole LOT) darker, but I can't say that the 60's Batman was bad either.  And Adam West has kinda grown on me, which is why the last Hurt/Heal was hard. 

Uncle Yuan

Not to mention one of the greatest lines of all time . . .

"Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!"

|