• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

UE's sketch pad and design studio(09/09/08 new wild life shoot)

Started by the_ultimate_evil, September 26, 2007, 07:08:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_ultimate_evil

thought i'd post some of the more design like art i've been toying with

i always wanted to try dvd cover design to replace some of the more (IMO) poorer cover studios make, so i gave it a go. i used the films original marketing art and elements from the dvd( film synopsis and special features)
offical dvd cover

mine

i also tried my hand at t-shirts, got an idea for an FR one but not sure about it

Dr.Volt

zuludelta

One thing about doing prospective t-shirt designs is you have to keep in mind the limitations of the printing process. Most t-shirt printers still use silkscreening methods (either traditional or computer assisted) and those can't really do complicated colour gradients (like the one you have in the final design). Of course, you can also just get a t-shirt transfer printed out but those typically don't survive repeated washing all that well, and they don't fade the way an actual silkscreen print would (especially a concern if you're "aging" a shirt to get that vintage look).

MJB

Reepicheep

Woah... That is pretty awesome stuff. Its not much my style, but I do really like the design on the 3rd Tee.

:thumbup:

the_ultimate_evil

Quote from: Dr.Volt on September 26, 2007, 10:44:39 AM
Wow!!  Very nice work, UE!! 

thanks man

Quote from: zuludelta on September 27, 2007, 07:36:02 AM
One thing about doing prospective t-shirt designs is you have to keep in mind the limitations of the printing process. Most t-shirt printers still use silkscreening methods (either traditional or computer assisted) and those can't really do complicated colour gradients (like the one you have in the final design). Of course, you can also just get a t-shirt transfer printed out but those typically don't survive repeated washing all that well, and they don't fade the way an actual silkscreen print would (especially a concern if you're "aging" a shirt to get that vintage look).

yeah i agree, its just something i kinda threw in there. it would need a hell of a lot of tweaking if these went to print

Quote from: MJB on September 27, 2007, 11:59:19 AM
I would SO buy that Horde shirt!

-MJB

hmm never would pictured you as a masters fan

Quote from: Reepicheep on September 27, 2007, 12:15:37 PM
Woah... That is pretty awesome stuff. Its not much my style, but I do really like the design on the 3rd Tee.

:thumbup:

thanks man

here a new cover i think most of us can get a kick out of. its kinda big so i'll put it in spoilers tags. i re drew the logo in PS to try and give it a more modern look yet keep the charm of the orginal

who ya gonna call.

the_ultimate_evil

guess busting makes no one feel good

again i return randomly with a third crappy attempt at dvd cover design.

feedback as always is most welcome

the_ultimate_evil

any better

the four pieces i submitted to the NIPA: Northern Ireland Photographic Association sports photography round.

i made through the first round but sadly wasn't placed in the second and final round

Previsionary

Thanks for gracing us with your work again, UE. You know i've always liked your photog work. The masters dvd cover looks nice too minus the pointy-ness of a certain person. Perhaps AHNALD (arnold) could play him in a movie like he did Conan. :P

Sevenforce

Wow, very nice, TUE, my favourite is the Goliath picture, its a good angle.

As for MOTU DVD cover...

memories...pain...stop...stop the bad man!

the_ultimate_evil

hey do not mock the masters film, langella kicked arse :angry:

anyway new photos this is what you get with practising with my new canon 400d and a crappy weather day, put in  :spoiler: to help with page loads

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

the_ultimate_evil

randomness from my sketch pad

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

just simple sketches to try an get back into drawing

Podmark

So every so often I come into the art forum....
Must say I love your DVD redesigns. The black Masters of the Universe is better than the white I think.

Nice sketches. I really wish I had a little more artistic talent so I could do stuff like that.

MJB

Cool sketches, UE. The first 3 sketches look like you are trying out some new styles. I like 'em.

-MJB

the_ultimate_evil

the results of my latest zoo based shoot, there are over 30 images so i'll put them in batches of 5 for quicker downloads

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

as usual all feedback is welcome not just on the photos but my new framing technique, i'm also contemplating watermarking my images but i'm worried  that it will ruin the look

Xenolith

I'm not a fan of nature photography, but of the things I've seen in this thread, your nature pictures are the strongest.  You seem to have a good eye for a shot.  I think your waterfall/vegatation pictures are stronger than your wildlife pictures, but having said that, Yogi is very good and the black and white format works quite well for that picture.  Nice job.