• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

The Pillars of the Community

Started by Lunarman, October 11, 2007, 10:55:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lunarman

At the moment there arn't many people actually in this mod. And there are quite a few people that I really feel must be in it, the original founders of our humble home.

Just off the top of my head, people like GG, MJB, Goodaybloke, Captain Spud and of course, Randy should be present in this mod. I know that some havn't submitted because they don't have the time or FF any more and so can't make hero files. As long as it doesn't get out of control, I'd be willing to do this. These members all have meshes and skins of them, and some even have FX that are suitable.

I'm going to make another call in General about this to ask for permission from those who don't have the time to make a submission. But, do you think it's right for someone who's to make and submit the info for someone else's avatar?

Or should we just stick to, whoever submits gets in and no one else?

Thanks

Lunarman

Carravaggio

Quote from: Lunarman on October 11, 2007, 10:55:52 PMdo you think it's right for someone who's to make and submit the info for someone else's avatar?
Lunarman

Absolutely, so long as they give the go ahead.  :thumbup:

Lunarman

OOOH, I just had an idea. There was an avatar permissions thread a while back, that will be a great resource. Instead of asking all those people again we can use that.

http://freedomreborn.net/archive/index.php?topic=41751.60

I'll pm Randy too, if he's not on there already.

Do you think that's a good idea?

Tomato

Well... techniqually we could use that, as it does label all included avatars as "open", but it's sort of shaky ground. In the cases it's possible, I'd prefer we eithor kept to submissions or, like you referenced, PMs. If we were shooting for a deadline and didn't have time to ask, yes, we could just use the permissions thread. But this is open ended, so we have the time to ask rather then just summarily take things.

I think the most major thing we can do is advertise. I was planning to at least try to finish off the site this weekend(don't expect much, it's all frames and html) but I'll come up with an ad for it we can tack onto our Signatures.

UnkoMan

I'd say get permission from everybody individually. As for hero files, most people have at least an old FF one. If you can get your hands on it, you can make a corrosponding FFvsTR one. Easy.

There are a few members who I'd really like to include but who we can't get a hold of ever, for different reasons. I am still unsure how to go about that.

But yeah, it'd be awesome and almost necessary to include some people.

Mr. Hamrick

definitely get permission from them individually!

i know a few of the pillars that will likely opt out of being a part of this as they do like their avatar being used unless its by them.

Intensity

you have my permission to use my avatar for anything if you need it in this mod or otherwise...
let me know if you need any additional information or hero files/skins/whatever.

Intensity

Tomato

Quote from: Mr. Hamrick on October 13, 2007, 09:50:08 AM

i know a few of the pillars that will likely opt out of being a part of this as they do like their avatar being used unless its by them.

Like you?

Figure Fan

Hey guys, I'm trying to finish my hero file for the mod. I decided to try the shapeshifter route, so I'll be experimenting with that. Also, does anyone know of a rolling ball mesh? Perhaps even some kind of toy airplane mesh or anything else?

I've been struggling with Figgy's descriptions ans whatnot, too.

Its coming along. :D

Figure Fan

Also, I don't have a voicepack..

Oh, and I'd like to try to setup my own AI.

I'm so clueless when it comes to all of this fancy hero creation. It sounds cool, though.

Mr. Hamrick

Quote from: Tomato on October 13, 2007, 04:40:24 PM
Quote from: Mr. Hamrick on October 13, 2007, 09:50:08 AM

Like you?

Nope, I wasn't referring to me.  And I don't know that I qualify as a pillar of the community though I have been around a while . . . since near the beginning actually.  Actually, I was referring to a couple of people who have asked me not to consider using their avatars in something I was trying to in the past.

I would actually love my avatar to be a villain in this thing but not a playable character.