• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

30 days of Night

Started by thanoson, October 22, 2007, 11:45:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thanoson

Good movie. When the action starts, it starts. Pretty jacked up were these vampires. Thought they may have been russian, but my russian friend said they were far from russian. Good visuals. I thought the chick that played Faith was in it, but it's just a girl that looks A LOT like her. I give this movie a 7+

Revenant

Loved it... Didn't have any expectations going in, other than I read about the premise and was intrigued.. I'm a horror movie fan as well..

It had the weighty feel of the movie The 300, but created a morbid, foreboding world. It does a great job of psychologically scaring you before the vamps even show up, and man are THEY scary!  Whatever language they were speaking seemed very ancient and evil.  They philosophize about humans as a plague, and as nothing more than food.  These vampires don't want to turn mankind into the undead. They want to eradicate us slowly... they hate humanity.  Which makes them more terrifying.  They represent the darkest side of humankind, the most devilish and beastly imaginable.. so much in this movie is left unspoken, but it's packed with philosophy.

It's been a while since I felt anybody GOT vampires right, and this film definitely does.

Jakew

I watched it a little while ago (pirated) and will watch it again when it comes out in Australia next month ... its a very decent vampire movie, which is a bit of a rarity nowadays.

Anyone watch the 30 Days of Night Blood Trails short films on youtube? Despite being pretty low-budget with some ropey acting, they're also quite good.

UnkoMan

I... actually, really didn't like it. Lots of things felt way too forced for me. And the lead vampire's one liners got real old real fast. The technique used for every single action scene drove me nuts. A lot of lines seemed incredibly cheesy...

Which is weird because the first time I read the comic I loved it. However, when I went back and read it, I realized how very close an adaptation it was. Yet all the lines I was now reading were tainted by the movie. There was a lot that I felt just didn't translate to real life.

However, the vampires did look awesome. I think their language was cool, but would have enjoyed to just hear them nattering to each other, but never seeing sub titles. I think that would have worked much better. Granted, I had just a vauge memory of the comic being some kind of masterwork, so I had expected quite a bit. Me, and the other fellow with the same attitude, were probably the most dissapointed of my group. My girlfriend, who is jumpy as heck, wasn't scared at all though.

To me, I'd say it's no Lost Boys.