• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Freedom Reborn Mod Website up!

Started by Tomato, November 03, 2007, 05:54:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomato

Well, after weeks of sitting on my bum doing nothing, and one week of actual work, It's finally done. I bring you the official webpage of...

*drumroll*

Freedom Reborn: The Mod

Now just wait one week while I finalize the mod, m'k?

Carravaggio

Looks good, mate. Thanks for all your work on this :)

Outcast

Cool site Tomato! Really enjoy reading the avatars section.
I can't wait to see more avatars added to the list.

Like some of the characters here. (http://frworld.wikispaces.com/Freedom+Reborn+Universe)
And possibly some characters here too. (http://freedomreborn.net/archive/index.php?topic=41824.0)
:D

It's a great idea for a mod!  Hopefully it will feature more of the community members here.  :thumbup:

I didn't expect Benton Grey's avatar to look like Aquaman though. :P.... :lol:  Nevertheless, all the avatars look awesome. Makes me wish i had one. ^_^

Tomato

Well... the avatars I actually stole from what they were using as of yesterday... so yeah, Benton's was aquaman, so I just used that.

As for more avatars- Trust me, I'm happy to add more, the mod will be better for it. However, we don't want to summarily steal stuff, so we have to get permission for all entries we add.

Lunarman

Reepicheep

Its not letting me register! What do i do?

:P

Awesome job. I can see this coming along.

detourne_me

Oh Tomato... i hate your host.   i can't connect to this site, or your regular one ㅠㅠ

Tomato

Quote from: detourne_me on November 04, 2007, 02:45:12 AM
Oh Tomato... i hate your host.   i can't connect to this site, or your regular one ㅠㅠ

Meh, that was one of my fears... If nothing else, when I put the mod up I'll back it up on googlepages or a yahoo group, something that'll host it in case there are others like you who can't access it, or if the site goes down.

detourne_me

don't worry about backing it up.  I should just make some requests for your stuff.   see if someone could email me it.
but how big is the FR mod?  maybe mediafire would work best (100Mb file upload max)

Tomato

Right now it's only about 40 MB zipped, but even if it goes over 100mb (wishful thinking on my part, I know) I can use winrar or somesuch and split it up. As far as googlepages or Yahoo group, I was actually thinking I could do that because it would be something a bit more permanent then a filesharing system, or even the website host for that matter

Previsionary

Quote from: Tomato on November 05, 2007, 12:06:18 PM
Right now it's only about 40 MB zipped[...]

Just curious, how is a mod that basically consists of 10 meshes, skins, and a few fx 40mb? Something about that just seems odd to me.

Tomato

It also has the additional info from FFX and the EZFX pack, at least I think that's why *shrug*

detourne_me

i know my character takes up at least 3mb of it...

yahoogroups now have a 100mb limit now too.  so that might be an easy way to distribute it (for those of us that live in odd countries)

Tomato

Ok, just updated the site with some new bio information, sent Unko the beta version of the mod (just so he can check that I didn't blow it up or something) and am preparing some of the extra crud I have planned as useless advertising. But now I have school, buh-bye!

Tomato

Just a minor notice, nothing really important or spectacular...

The mod is up. Go now.

UnkoMan

Seriously, do go, then give Tomato a huge thanks for this.
THEN go check out http://freedomreborn.net/archive/index.php?board=37.0
Especially the submission thread. And submit, people!

Volsung

Hey unko! I checked the sound files! Where's your sweet voice?!!  :P

Outcast

Thanks to Tomato and to all the people involved in this Mod.I really think its a great idea for a mod.  :thumbup:

Thanks for all the hard work you've put into this project guys!  ;)

UnkoMan

Unko Man is too busy to talk. Also, too not good at vocal work.

Hey, I wonder... maybe the voices should be a seperate download. It will again keep file sizes down, Tomato. If you want that, anyhow.

Tomato

Version 2.0 is finally finished and is up on rapidshare! DOWNLOAD NOW

Version 2.0 New features include

- Modified all the templates for the characters so that they'll load data from whichever drive they happen to be on, rather then just the "C:\" drive.

- I added "*"s to each Freedom Reborn character, so we don't have to search though hundreds of useless characters to find each Avatar.

- Figure Fan no longer glitches. And the Tomato rejoiced

bat1987

UnkoMan

Tomato, you are a man without peer!

Figure Fan

I blame Glitch Girl for all of my hero file's goofiness..

:blink:

Oh, and W00T!

detourne_me

Tomato

Quote from: Figure Fan on January 20, 2008, 12:10:39 AM
I blame Glitch Girl for all of my hero file's goofiness..

:blink:

Oh, and W00T!

Actually, it's math's fault. Apparently when your avatar got added to the mod all his melee ranges went from a minimum of 2 to a maximum of 0. Oddly enough, the mod couldn't seem to figure that out.