Community Forums > Posting Games

Luck of Heroes: Twilight *Open thread*

(1/12) > >>

Uncle Yuan:
Things have gotten a little quiet in her RPG-wise and I've been seriously thinking about starting up a new PbP.  Those of you who've been around may be familiar with the Luck of Heroes that I ran.  Unfortunately, like most games it petered out, although that was somewhat influenced by a couple of board outtages.

My current plan is to try and construct something similar - longer post, collaborative story telling type things - but design it to be much more episodic/serial rather than epic.  This would allow for roster changes with minimal impact or even allow players to play different characters in each episode.  The setting would be super heroic, likely taking place in my Luck of Heroes universe.  Conflict resolution (what little I tend to feel is necessary) would be loosely based on the FUDGE system.  (You can download a free pdf of the game book at the link).  The characters would be fairly specifically defined, but in more narrative terms rather than stat centered.  Posting expectations would be on the order of 2-3 times per week, mostly becuase I hope that eacher player's post will be on the order of several paragraphs.

I'm hoping to get 3-4 strong players to start.  Beginning RPGers are encouraged to apply, but I reserve the right to request PM pre-post outlines, at least until we all get comfortable with the collaborative storytelling aspects.  Uber just reaaly, really especially sucks in this format.

So, give a shout if you think you'd be interested.  Ask any questions you might have.  Grill me on mechanics.  What have you.

BlueBard:
My advice?  Wait until after the holidays to start.

RP Posting Games historically slow to a crawl until sometime in January, I've noticed.  The Paranoia game is on life support and not expected to emerge from its' coma until after the holiday, if ever.

Lord Elcorion:
i'd be willing to play. heck, i recall practically calling dibs on a spot in the next game you ran after LoH wrapped up. so i'm here to claim my dibs, sir. --presents a claim check that reads 'good for dibs on one spot in the next uncle yuan-run RPG'-- i still remember the charecter concept i wanted to use, too.

kkhohoho:
I'm interested, and I won't be slowing to a crawl during the Holiday Season. :P

Uncle Yuan:

--- Quote from: BlueBard on November 30, 2007, 04:22:16 PM ---My advice?  Wait until after the holidays to start.

RP Posting Games historically slow to a crawl until sometime in January, I've noticed.  The Paranoia game is on life support and not expected to emerge from its' coma until after the holiday, if ever.

--- End quote ---

I almost certainly won't be starting anything until after the holidays, but I did want to get a head start on character creation and maybe some introductory solo play for those who can/want.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version