• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Ultimates Volume 3 Questions

Started by Mowgli, December 07, 2007, 03:40:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mowgli

Crimsonquill: They don't explain anything else... so why start now? I mean, Cap was pretending to be Panther and even gets asked why and if Panther was ever real.... but no one answers any of that meaningless plot diversion. I think Loeb has been using beer comercials to create his own M.O.... "Why ask why?"

It ended as badly as it started... and that's setting the bar pretty high. Well, at least he's consistant.  :(

MJB

That's just sad. I really like Loeb's writing.

-MJB

Previsionary

Bump again.

Ultimate Cap annual came out this week, so I'll just put this here for anyone that has any interest.

Before I begin...I will point out that there IS an ultimate T'challa (Ultimate Origins #5):

- the book opens with "The Trial of the Panther" which explains the origins of the true Black panther.
- T'challa is defeated and loses a lot of blood during the trial. He wasn't meant for it...his brother was.
- T'chaka reaches outside of Wakanda for help with his son which is against the law
- T'challa is sent over to weapon X (part of Origins fits in here)
- This means "Black Panther" was made by Weapon X...more or less.
- This explains why Capt never spoke as BP...his (BP's) vocal chords were damaged during the "Trials..."

Next story:

This takes place before Ultimates 3 and before Ultimate Fury ends up in Squadron Supreme.

- Capt and T'challa battle. This is just training and it has lasted for over three hours. Capt wins in the end before the training is called off.
- Fury wants Panther on the team. Capt doesn't want to make that choice, but Fury asks him to be Panther's mentor.
- During an actual mission, BP comes up against thunderball. BP easily beats him and finally shows Steve his neck scarring.
- BP is definitely a mutant in this continuity and has claws similar to Wolverine (see weapon X statement/Origins)
- We see Tony and Capt talking about Hank Pym being back on the team...kinda
- BP reveals that he misses his father and tells (well...types) that Fury won't let him go home
- Capt tells Fury that BP is ready to join the team and Fury says that Janet will just take his, Capt's, word (we're at the beginning of Ultimates 3 now).
- Capt talks to Jan (we also learn Thor suggested Valkyrie to Jan as well).
- Capt replaces BP and has Tony make him an outfit to simulate BP's abilities. He does this so T'challa can go home.

And that's pretty much it. Everything that Loeb should have explained in Ultimates 3 which was plotless...was explained in an Annual that was basically actionless. Balance is something Loeb lacks these days.

|