• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Paradox Patrol - Secret Headquarters

Started by BlueBard, December 14, 2007, 01:41:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueBard

FYI...

The Secret HQ for the Paradox Patrol is currently under construction.  No changes have been made which are permanent and all changes are subject to change.  Once all of the temporal drift and construction dust settles down everything should stabilize.

(Translation: I have been tinkering around with the base editor trying out different layouts and looks on the smallest plot size.  I'm not done by any means and the current layout and appearance may not be what we wind up with.  I'm shooting for something that will accomodate members from as many time periods as possible and still look okay.  I'm wide open for suggestions and comments as I've never done this before.

I have yet to place any permanent items that can't be sold back, haven't built any in fact.  The current layout has run through a good chunk of our prestige, but no permanent expenditures. 

I envision our first base to be fairly run-down as the membership starts to come together and hoping it will evolve as we get more members and more prestige to use for improvements.  Hence liberal use of 'Dingy' tilesets so far.  Right now I'm just trying for a basic hideout and hope to get a couple of teleporters set up eventually.

I understand that influence can be spent to improve prestige totals... what's the exchange rate on that?  I assume it's not 1:1.  I can spend quite a bit if it will help.)

JKCarrier

Quote from: BlueBard on December 14, 2007, 01:41:32 PM
I understand that influence can be spent to improve prestige totals... what's the exchange rate on that?  I assume it's not 1:1.  I can spend quite a bit if it will help.)

It's pretty steep... 1 million inf to get 2000 prestige. Not really worth it, IMHO.

I found this guide really helpful when I was setting up my one-man villain base:
http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showflat.php?Number=7852474

BlueBard

Calling all Paradox Patrolmen!

Base Salvage is needed!  Please collect as much Base Salvage as you can and deposit it in storage.  Thank you!

In other news, the base is now equipped with Inspiration storage and a Resurrection Circle has been installed in the med bay.

BlueBard

Enhancement storage has been added, along with a basic telepad.  The first beacon will probably be for either King's Row or the Hollows, I'm trying to collect them now.  When we've got enough prestige reserves built up, I'll be reconfiguring the base for more functionality.

Thanks to MikeB7 for a large donation of influence to help us get started!

Also, Inspiration storage has been stocked up a bit.  Feel free to take what you need.

BlueBard

Brother Chronos has been complaining that Monitor duty at the HQ is terribly boring and lonely.  Apparently nobody comes to visit.

(hint, hint, Patrolmen!)