• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Pod's skins: Finally some releases (Dec 14/08)

Started by Podmark, December 19, 2007, 02:33:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Podmark

Quote from: Previsionary on March 14, 2008, 11:29:49 PM
ooooh, interesting. What mesh is that, sir? It's interesting because it looks teenaged, but I dont think he represents that image anymore, but that's neither here nor there. I, personally, think that the symbol on his chest could be more defined and slightly redder, but other than that, prev likes.

Yeah it is teenaged, but that is how the current Vision looks. I'm going to double check more reference pics but I think the diamond isn't actually a solid red. It seemed to a pink or colour closer to his face. I'll check though.

Quote from: Jakew on March 15, 2008, 04:29:51 AM
Cool. that mesh looks like a combo of male teen and quasar_syn. what kfs does it use?

It's a combination of Beyonder's male_teen, Syn's Quasar, a collar found in Tommy's Red tornado and the head gem and ear covers are from other Tommy parts.

I haven't checked yet but I believe it only accepts the Quasar keyframes.

Quote from: murs47 on March 15, 2008, 07:35:51 AM
That's great Pod! You really captured that soulless un-emotional look on his face. The colors look spot on as well. The only critique I can offer is too put a bit of that brighter green on to the feet. Nice work man!

Hadn't noticed the feet until now but your right they are pretty dark looking.

Quote from: ElijahSnowFan on March 15, 2008, 12:20:30 PM
wow.

first off, the Vision is, as always, nice work.

but what i really wanted to say was holy cow, dude! you have done a TON of skins.

i certainly knew that, but it's hard to always get the feel for how many until you see a list.

whoa!

Yeah that's kinda why I put the list on my first post. Plus that way if anyone is looking for a certain skin they can check quickly if I've done it.

Previsionary

Quote from: Podmark on March 15, 2008, 01:34:01 PM
ooooh, interesting. What mesh is that, sir? It's interesting because it looks teenaged, but I dont think he represents that image anymore, but that's neither here nor there. I, personally, think that the symbol on his chest could be more defined and slightly redder, but other than that, prev likes.

Yeah it is teenaged, but that is how the current Vision looks. I'm going to double check more reference pics but I think the diamond isn't actually a solid red. It seemed to a pink or colour closer to his face. I'll check though.

Yeah, he did looked teenaged, but I'm pretty sure I saw him in a recent book (mighty avengers? Somewhere) and he looked nearly adult. I don't know where he stands anymore in general. :P

Podmark

Quote from: Previsionary on March 15, 2008, 02:01:54 PM
Quote from: Podmark on March 15, 2008, 01:34:01 PM

Yeah, he did looked teenaged, but I'm pretty sure I saw him in a recent book (mighty avengers? Somewhere) and he looked nearly adult. I don't know where he stands anymore in general. :P

Well the kids are hard to follow after Civil War, but when his Young Avengers Presents issue comes out I'm sure he'll look teenaged again.

murs47

Podmark

I wonder if anyone can guess what this one is...

[spoiler]

Trauma from Avengers: The Initiative.

I recently got and finished the first trade of the this book and something about Trauma just really captured me. I think it was his face, there's something in his face that is just cool.

This is probably the last new skin til at least next week.
[/spoiler]

murs47

At first I thought a Batman Begins skin cause that's what Ra's asks Wayne after he kicks the crap out of him in their first meeting. But I'm wrong. Anyways, the skin looks good, perhaps some strands of slightly brighter highlights in the hair to give it more contrast. Other that, you're solid.

I'm a huge fan of Trauma as well. I was kind of hoping he'd end up as a cast member for New X-Men before it was canceled and changed into Young X-Men.

Podmark

Yeah I think I'll be playing with this skin a little more. The hair looks like a blob right now. I've gone with red highlights because that's what the book used, but I have a blue highlight version too that was better defined.

The nice thing is that once he's done it allows for fairly easy skinning of MVP and Hardball.

Jakew

I'm really liking all your "teen" stuff, Pod ... it all looks great in-game, especially when mixing it up with "adult" meshes.

Glad you're working on Intiative characters, too!

Podmark

Yeah ever since AA did his Wiccan and Speed skins I knew I had to start using these teen bases. It can make a huge difference with a character looking right.

djfredski

Podmark

updates to Trauma:

Let me know what you guys think.

EDIT:
Also some good news the Vision skope takes any male_cape based keyframes. So I'm using Gren's Vision keys.

garf

Jakew

Podmark

A bit of a random one today

[spoiler]

Henry Peter Gyrich as he appears in the Initiative.
Thought he'd be pretty easy and I had thought of some good skoping ideas.
Continuing to work on unique faces for my skins.
[/spoiler]

Zivon23

Quote from: Podmark on March 22, 2008, 02:35:59 AM
A bit of a random one today

[spoiler]

Henry Peter Gyrich as he appears in the Initiative.
Thought he'd be pretty easy and I had thought of some good skoping ideas.
Continuing to work on unique faces for my skins.
[/spoiler]

ok.......I opened the spoiler and immediatly thought "Pete".

So.......I guess I should say good job? 

No.......Steller!!!!!  Steller Job.

~Z23~

djfredski

murs47

Hey, nicely done! That suit just looks clean and spiffy. Good stuff Pod. :thumbup:

Podmark

Huge spoilers if your not up on the Initiative:

[spoiler]

MVP and his clones' identity the Scarlet Spiders.
MVP has become another of my favorite characters in this book. The Scarlet Spiders twist was just excellent. Probably was pretty predictable too but I never put enough thought into it.
I'll probably do KIA eventually.
[/spoiler]

Previsionary

Nice to see you skinning again, Pod, and I like that you're doing some initiative skins as I was afraid the newer heroes werent ever going to be done. Is it safe to say that heroforce will be updated soon with your and UE's new skins soonish?

murs47

You're on fire right now! Is Ant-Man next?

I "ha-ha'd" out loud when i read this last issue.

Talavar

Those 2 panels were awesome, I actually laughed out loud when I read them.  The Iron Spider/MVP clones look great Pod!

USAgent

These characters are looking great Podmark, and like Previsionary I was worried that alot of these new charaters probably wern't gonna make their way to Freedom Force, but they are!   I am a big fan of anything Avengers and that means the Inititive as well.  You are doing these guys justice!  (here's hoping for a Komodo!)

Podmark

Quote from: Previsionary on March 23, 2008, 03:56:37 AM
Nice to see you skinning again, Pod, and I like that you're doing some initiative skins as I was afraid the newer heroes werent ever going to be done. Is it safe to say that heroforce will be updated soon with your and UE's new skins soonish?

Vision and Trauma should be up tonight or tomorrow.

Quote from: murs47 on March 23, 2008, 07:28:24 AM
You're on fire right now! Is Ant-Man next?

I "ha-ha'd" out loud when i read this last issue.

I've just gotten caught up on the title and Antman and Taskmaster are great. They add a awesome comedic touch. I loved that panel too.

I do have a half finished Ant Man skope lying around....probably won't be my next skin though.

Quote from: USAgent on March 23, 2008, 11:45:36 AM
These characters are looking great Podmark, and like Previsionary I was worried that alot of these new charaters probably wern't gonna make their way to Freedom Force, but they are!   I am a big fan of anything Avengers and that means the Inititive as well.  You are doing these guys justice!  (here's hoping for a Komodo!)

I tend toward newer characters and costumes for the most part. The Initiative characters have been on my list for a while. You'll see some more in the future. Komodo was actually one of the ones I wanted to skin the most but I haven't figured out the best way to skope her yet.

Knickalen

Really looking forward to MVP!  Just posted looking for him today!

Podmark

MVP, Scarlet Spiders, Trauma and the Vision are now up at HeroForce!

AfghanAnt

Awesome! I really wish I had more time to skin because I would really like to help you finish these off (not to mention Carey's X-Men team).

Btw, I finally finished Cable that we worked on together.

Podmark

Quote from: AfghanAnt on March 24, 2008, 08:58:17 AM
Awesome! I really wish I had more time to skin because I would really like to help you finish these off (not to mention Carey's X-Men team).

Btw, I finally finished Cable that we worked on together.

Awesome, could you pm me a pic?

Podmark

I've just realized that I've forgotten to put readme files in my newly released skins. I'll be corrected this shortly but in the mean time I just want to acknowledge the meshers whose work was used for my skopes: Tommyboy, Renegade, Gni, Vertex, Ink, Syn, and Beyonder.

EDIT: fixed.

Podmark

For those of you who may be wondering "where's Gyrich?" well...I forgot  :unsure:
He's up on Hero Force now.

Podmark

My three Rockslide skins are now up at Hero Force all on slightly updated skopes.

And a glimpse of things to come...
[spoiler]

Will probably be withholding release until the whole team is finished.
[/spoiler]

|