5 (8.3%)
Supercollider
0 (0%)
I've missed one I think
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 60

GGiant

bat1987

Tombstone! You can`t go wrong with Punisher/Ghost Rider combo.

YoungHeros

JKCarrier

Sea Urchin has all the best lines:

"Alchemiss did what now?"
"Maybe they don't hear so good on your side of the grave, Tomby..."
"Aren't you wigging out?"

GGiant

Quote from: JKCarrier on December 27, 2007, 08:04:35 AM
Sea Urchin has all the best lines:

"Alchemiss did what now?"
"Maybe they don't hear so good on your side of the grave, Tomby..."
"Aren't you wigging out?"
I agree Sea Urchin is the funniest. :lol:
She even called Time Master "big smarty pants" :lol:

UnkoMan

Tombstone is definately my favourite to play as...

But I've got to say British super agent Black Jack is probably my favourite character. A non-powered, gimmicky super spy, with a great accent? Blimey!

GGiant

Quote from: UnkoMan on December 27, 2007, 09:32:50 PM
Tombstone is definately my favourite to play as...

But I've got to say British super agent Black Jack is probably my favourite character. A non-powered, gimmicky super spy, with a great accent? Blimey!
Yeah...Actually, he's with a tie with Tombstone, mine is actually a threeway tie between Tombstone, Black Jack, and El Diablo. <_<

Sgt. Friday

I'm emotionally attached to Sky King for some reason, it must be the flyer in me.
But, Alchemiss is up there, love the accent and that Arcane Bolt [in FF], Peaches and Cream! :D

GGiant

Ah...sky king, if it wasn't for the voice, I would have chosen him!

Uncle Yuan

His in game lines were lame-ish, but you can't beat El D for a great cut scene joke!  And once he gets Ignite - whoooo!

vamp

"Never time travel with a stomach full of chimichangas"
"Burn it up"

BentonGrey

Man....this used to be a pretty easy question before FF2.  Man O' War was my favorite, hands down, although I loved the whole cast, but after the sequel, I find myself torn between Tombstone, MOW, and The Bard!  The Bard isn't really great power-wise, but I just LOVE his character and concept...which is why I stole them for The Rogue, after a fashion. ;)

HumanTon

I voted for Black Jack, 'cuz I love pulp-era heroes and and it was great to see FF do one right.

At one time or another, though, I've been a big fan of Alchemiss, The Ant, El Diablo, Tombstone, Green Genie, and Bullet.

BWPS

Liberty Lad. He has the best lines. He's super-lame. He's the best character for sure.

BentonGrey

Quote from: BWPS on January 06, 2008, 11:40:02 AM
Liberty Lad. He has the best lines. He's super-lame. He's the best character for sure.

Corny as he is, I always liked LL.  I did wish he was tougher, though.

GGiant

Quote from: BentonGrey on January 06, 2008, 12:04:07 PM

If freedom force somehow increased their capabilities, they could be somehow match to DC and Marvel heroes. :cool:

SnowMan

i'm gonna have to say bullet, he reminds me of one of my fav dc heroes.
:cool:

BentonGrey

Quote from: GGiant on January 06, 2008, 02:04:00 PM

If freedom force somehow increased their capabilities, they could be somehow match to DC and Marvel heroes. :cool:

You know, I always used to run matches with DC or Marvel characters versus their FF counterparts, and the FF guys AI would be so good that they'd win a good bit of the time!

Shaboba

Alchemiss. Subtle offensive heaven wrapped up in a nice southern package.

Gremlin

I really like both the Ant and Minute Man.  Ant's so much fun, and I love nerds (for obvious reasons :P).  And Minute Man has such great dialogue, not only funny, but genuinely heroic; he's the moral Superman of the bunch, and I love that.

BentonGrey

Yeah Gremlin...I know what you mean.  The truth is, they are all really great characters!  I really hate that the FF comic didn't pick up, because I would definitely keep buying it...in fact, I'd be more excited to read about these characters than most of what the mainstream characters have become. 

BaronGrackle

"I'm itchin' for a tussle!"
(while interrogating Nuclear Winter's technician) "I may look little, but I hurt big!"

I'm actually playing through  :ffvstr: for the first time now, and I find myself picking the Ant almost solely to see what dialogue he's going to throw in.
"Don't feel bad that you didn't get to destroy the world. What's important is that you keep trying."
"I'm the Third Reich's number one Ant-agonist."

Of course, I also pick Minuteman whenever I can because of his offense/speed package. And, with the sequel, I use his Minute Missile a lot more often.

Carravaggio

minute man, followed by mentor and manbot

docdelorean88

Alchemiss has a strong lead for my favorite playable character, ironically enough i couldn't have played as her less in  :ff:, but in :ffvstr: i find myself using her alot. However i have to say that my favorite character as a charater would be... TOMBSTONE. We'll see, maybe i'm forgetting someone...

stumpy

I like most of them, to one degree or another. But, my favorites have shifted between the first and second games. (Both games using FFX, natch. I don't really even remember what FFvT3R was like without it.)

In the first game, I think I must have taken Microwave on more missions than any other character. He's powerful, he's got some unique powers with the teleportation and cloning, and I just like robots. In the second game, he got a pretty gruesome nerfing, especially with the weakness of metal characters to energy and the abundance of energy-wielding baddies. A wraith almost always takes down MW in one hit.

Other favorite FF characters were Alchemiss (nice variety of powers - I love shoving baddies off the disks in the final missions), Man O' War, and Man-Bot. The first game also had some characters that I didn't play all that much but who were fun on certain missions, like Liberty Lad in the Mr. Mechanical arc.

In the second game, I really enjoy having Green Genie along on a mission. Her variety of powers is really fun to play, I like her lines, and she is of great tactical value. I love zapping some baddy with her objectify power and then punting the vase across the map.

I never got into the WW2 heroes much. They are all okay, but they don't scale well into the higher difficulty levels. I like Sky-King, but in the mission when you need him most, he spends 90% of the time twiddling his suit. lately, I've taken to ubering up El Diablo's flame beam in that mission, just to have a chance.

TheMarvell

I love Tombstone, but Man-Bot came in as a close second, and The Ant third.

I never used some of the "extra" characters like Black Bird or Supercollider. Were they even incorporated into the story at all?

BentonGrey

Hmm, I'm surprised that Black Jack is in the lead there.  I didn't think that many people liked him.