• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Base design is fun! (Lots of pictures)

Started by MikeB7, December 28, 2007, 03:08:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeB7

...I tried to think of another way to start this besides repeating the topic but...well...base design is fun!  Things are neat and stuff!  Here's a bunch I've worked on.  All are on 8x8 (no base rent).  It's not always the most original stuff, usually more about function than lots of decoration.  I wish I was as good at decorating as JKC (his Virtue VG base is awesome), but alas.  So I have fun with layouts and overall feel.  Perhaps these will give some ideas or chuckles.  Post pics of your bases if you want, too.

And hey, look!  Hyperlinked pictures!  I still had the old FXForce release post template for those.   :lol:

Freaky-Deakies (Freedom)
4 porters, 2 workshops, medbay, energy, control (supercomputer)

My first base, whee!  Tried for an eclectic mix of styles to go with the whole Freaky deal. 

Detail pics:  Energy room is Mikenstein's media/party room, Medbay is Worm the Gardener's room, Workshop, Control Room was Penny Poison's bedroom, but since she moved on, I got weirded out thinking of explaining the room to new VG members...so it's a normalish room now.

Freaky-Deakies (Virtue)
4 porters, workshop (3x4), energy, control

Done for I11's prestige bonus.  Komm did a style, which I loved, so I tried for a bit of a castle-ish feel.  Which then went perfectly with TPE's Baron Hubris.  It came together so very Freakily, it did... 

I'd gotten tired of pics at this point, so just one detail pic.

No Disassembly Required (Champion)
2 porters, workshop(3x4), energy, control(1x4)

The toys' base.  This one's all about function, fulfilling your one-stop inspiration shopping needs.  YOGG!!

Tempus Fugitives (Infinity)
4 porters, workshop, energy, control

Another new base with startup I11 bonus funds.  Komm gave me free reign, so I did stuff.

Relativity (Freedom)
10 porters, workshop, energy, control(supercomputer)

When we first upgraded to the huge porter room, BAD riffed that we could play football in there.  Hee.

Normals (Champion)
8 porters, workshop, energy, control(1x4)

I kicked myself for not padding membership for the prestige bonus.  So some of the decorative bits (a kitchen!) got sacrificed for the porters until we earn more prestige.

AFBL Reserves (Infinity)
2 porters, oversight center, workshop, decorative room

This one was all about atmosphere, amusing myself while doing AFBL pre-season work.  The AFBL was all about the arena, so this was never gonna be actually *used*, but after doing the football field with Relativity, I had to try for a whole themed base. 

Detail:  Lobby, lockers, strategy room, Union Prez Tony Monetti's private office, first aid room, practice field

BlueBard

Looks good!

I've been enjoying learning how to use the base design with the Paradox Patrol base.  Now I need base salvage to build more stuff with.

(hint, hint for all you paradox patrol people... you know who you are...)

MJB

You can always tell when Lou and Bluudlust have been to the Freakie base... Mikey has lots of bottles to clean up in the Media room. Heh.

-MJB

MikeB7

LOL, that's SO true.  Cleaned up a bit before these screens even.   :lol:

Funeral-Pyre

Penny Poison did not move on and she is offended that her room has been eliminated. Heads will roll for this!

Kommando

They are very cool.  I especially like the Tempus Fugitives base.   :P

Time Titan

Nice base designs. I like the football field and goal post. However I think you bases could use some color lights---> purple, green, orange (inside joke) :P