• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Supergroup ideas...

Started by The_Baroness, January 06, 2008, 02:36:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

miguelyanke

No se hacer skins (solo he hecho dos o tres en mi vida...U-.-) así que tampoco sé qué consejos darte.
Me gusta que sean colores poco saturados, y el efecto d la bota m'encanta. ^_^sigue así

I don't know how to make skins (i only did 2 or 3) so i can't give you any advice.
I like less-saturated  skins and i love the boot's effect.

The_Baroness

ok this is how he looks now.. after trying to do some of the suggestions... not perfect maybe, but so far i am very satisfied on how it have improved... thank you all for your help and more suggestions are very very welcome

Carravaggio

I'd trace the edge of the star with dark blue from the costume, then trace the inside of the star with a bright white to create contrast and sharpness.
Unkoman made a neat tute about making symbols, see if you can track that down :)

The_Baroness

well i tried to make the star looks better and , well this is wwhat came out... dont know if i can improve it anymore....

i like both of this but the one in the right is more brighter... like him best

Thanks for your suggestions Carr

Carravaggio

I reckon the right hand one looks best.
A suggestion: save your screenshots at a higher jpeg quality, as the lower quality makes it hard to see the details on your skins.
Looking forward to the rest :)

The_Baroness

Well... Lady Blackhawk for the original Tommyboy awesome mesh... still somethings that i may improve but... skinning extras is at least for me harder than the characters...

laughing paradox

I really like the black costume for Lady Blackhawk. Great job with the jacket.

I'd like to recommend making the yellow on her chest brighter. It seems very dark and or maybe it's the reflection that's making it look that way?

Avalon

You should try and make the star a little smaller. Maybe check with the wireframe so that the star is not overlapping slightly. Try also "squishing" it may make it appear more symetrical. As with Lady Blackhawk, instead of making the emblem perfectly round, maybe make it a bit more oval will help cover the shape of the mesh better. Maybe lighten the shadow on the emblem too. Kinda of trial and error is the best teacher.
Skirt looks great as does the jacket on Lady Blackhawk.
Like the design on Condor (?). You should make an fx of that shield as well.

Vertex

Quote from: Aly Cat on June 13, 2008, 06:44:31 PM
Yeah, that's a big issue with Vertex's female meshes, which I think was intentional to pull away from the heavy dependance on using bases that everyone uses & to branch off into making your own unique base ;tho' I believe only Matrix & I ever made bases for the VX females and mine came AFTER they were made so have never been released. As for returning; anything is possible.......

Actually this was done becuase my females use an entirely different head than female_basic or female_longhair.. causing the mapping to be different as well. Was never an intention to drive skinners to do something .. was a fact of life of using a full complete head.

|